“Amazing blackened salmon salad” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 121 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dockside Grill serving breakfast,lunch and dinner. Happy Hour daily 5pm-7pm. Enjoy our signature dishes! New Full Menu !!!
Snowmass Village, Colorado
“Amazing blackened salmon salad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The blackened salmon and spinach salad was one of the best salads I have had in my life. This really delivered with perfectly prepared salmon sitting on a large bed of fresh spinach, just ripe strawberries, goat cheese, and candied walnuts. No dressing needed! The salad comes with a sweet onion dressing on the side, but it adds nothing as this is already perfection. My husband kept digging in on my meal.

Note: chef had substituted strawberries for sliced apples which is how the salad is billed.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
bruce m, Manager at Dockside Grill @ Four Points by Sheraton, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
First let me thank you for your outstanding review on our new feature the Blacken Salmon Salad. This is one of the new exciting dinner entrees recently added to our dockside dinner menu. The correction has been made on the menu regarding the sliced fresh strawberries. In addition to this fresh and satisfying entree salad, we have added several exciting new options to our dinner menu including Cedar Plank Salmon, Frutti Di Mare Pasta, Grilled Vegetable Plate; as well as many others including our Sam Adams Beer Battered Menu allowing us to offer Wild Sea Scallops, Calamari, Muscles, and fresh made Wild Sea Scallops and Shrimp Ceviche.
My name is Bruce Mullins, Food and Beverage Director, my mission is to bring you a fresh, colorful, and exciting new menu. Please let me know if there is anything that we can do for you and we look forward to seeing you back soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
“A Sleeper in Punta Gorda.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Second visit to Dockside Grill this season. So quiet there. I think a lot of people just haven't discovered it. This is one of the best kitchens in town. I don't think you will EVER find a better crabcake!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
bruce m, Manager at Dockside Grill @ Four Points by Sheraton, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
First allow me to thank you for taking the time to write about The Dockside Grill. Like you we do feel that The Dockside Grill is a hidden gem. The word of our new chef inspired menu has hit the town with a storm , more and more guests are finding our hidden gem .
Bloomington, IL
“Amazing Asparagus and Goat Cheese Omelet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

When I travel on business I am usually stuck eating at the Hotel. On vacation last week they gave us a menu at the desk and I heard the word "Chef" so we chose to eat breakfast there. What a great choice! The portions were huge, not expensive, hot, delivered quickly and with great service. I had the most amazing asparagus and goat cheese omelet. We will be traveling in the area again next year and want to try dinner there as well. By the way, I love the cold fruit water in the lobby during the day and the hot coffee in the morning.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Punta Gorda, Florida
“fine dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Always good food and quiet conversation available here. Tables usually available. Great service. Parking a problem when the outside Tiki Bar is open.

Visited March 2013
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Food very good, but a little pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Spent the night at the 4 Points Sheraton recently and decided to eat at the Dockside Grill rather then going out. The food was good especially the Club Sandwich, but we should have been hungrier for the price and portions. We enjoyed the outdoor Tiki Bar more and will probably just get food out there next time.

Visited January 2013