“Great for lunch or dinner!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 125 restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Punta Gorda, Florida, USA
“Great for lunch or dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

One of my favorite places to go for lunch. The Philly or the chicken parm sandwiches are the best! Dinner is great too and the steak is AMAZING! Probably a good idea to make reservations though, especially in season and on weekends!

Branden A, Manager at Santhinos, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you Bob for taking the time to write a nice review! I agree the philly and chicken parm are great! We'll see you soon!

84% Recommend
“As usual, excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Santhino's is one of my favorite places in Punta Gorda. The food is always good, as is the service. We had 3 rib eye specials and 1 filet. All were excellent. Personally didn't care for the au gratin potatos but the asparagus was excellent as was the Lobster bisque and Lasagna soup.
One of my favorite things about Santhino's is you can talk and hear what everyone at your table is saying. There is not that loud clatter found in most restaurants. Our waiter, Brandon, was excellent as usual.
If you haven't been give them a try, you won't be disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Branden A, Manager at Santhinos, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you DKB for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your dining experience. It's always nice to sit down to a great meal and enjoy a great conversation!
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Poor Attitude!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I am the wife of David A. and also feel compelled to write in response to the manager's reply to my husband. The manager should have checked first for the facts before responding. It was my salad that was primarily disgusting and inedible. When the first rotted piece of lettuce was discovered, I put it aside and thought, oh well, it happens. As I continued to eat I came across more and more rotted pieces, so I started looking closer. By this time I was maybe 1/2 way through with the salad. I immediately became sickened by the sight of a pile of rotted lettuce on the side of my plate and WE DID call the waitress over and sent the salad back. I was so disgusted I lost my appetite and just wanted to leave. We were not offered a replacement (which I would not have eaten anyway), nor an apology by either the waitstaff or the day manager. She did not offer to take the price of the entire single salad off the bill, as her manager states he told her to do. She said that she would take something off because, as my husband indicated, "It wasn't that much (rotted) lettuce." My husband said, never mind, we are out here, paid the bill and said he was going to write it up on Tripadvisor. He did not threaten to do so if the entire bill wasn't written off. It really is too bad that the manager did not get the truth from his day manager.
Either way, when a meal or part of meal is unsatisfactory, and patrons attempt to correct the situation, they should be treated with respect and not challenged about the amount of unacceptable or spoiled produce in the meal! An apology and the removal of that item from the bill should have just happened immediately. I strongly recommend avoiding this restaurant, as there are many, many good restaurants in Punta Gorda. Should you decide to go and have a problem for find your meal unacceptable, consider how much you can tolerate as unacceptable, because NOT ALL OF THE SALAD WAS ROTTEN, JUST SOME OF IT!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Branden A, Manager at Santhinos, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Abby in response to your review. There is no need to explain your two contradicting reviews, I know the truth in what happened. Having worked in the restaurant business my whole life I can never understand why some people do what they do, but have learned to take it with a grain of salt. I wish you well on your future dining experiences.
North Fort Myers, Florida
“classy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Once again, we were not at all disappointed with Santhino's. A quiet , off the road restaurant with pleasant surprises. Last night we happened to be there for their barbeque rib special. Out of this world. Your choice of barbeque sauce.....my favorite is the sweet cherry barbeque. It was wonderful. Two other people in our party wished they'd ordered them too. Needless to say, there was plenty for me to share and still bring some home.
The restaurant is tastefully decorated.....linen table cloths, candles, etc. Plus, it's quiet so guests can visit with each other. Brandon was our waiter. Very accomodating and personable. Drinks available plus a wine list as well as their house wines. Very nice.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Branden A, Manager at Santhinos, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
BjG207 thank you for your review, it's customers like you who keep us going and give us the motivation to keep doing what we do! We appreciate the review and look forward to serving you agin in the near future!
Punta Gorda, Florida, United States
“won't return”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We went here for lunch. it was our first time dining there. Due to our experience with the quality of food and the attitude of the manager we won't be back. This is what happened: We ordered a salad and bowl of bisque. The bisque was good not great but good. The salad on the other hand had ROTTED lettuce in it at least 6 to 8 pieces in my wifes and 2 in mine. I asked to see my server and told her she needs to let the kitchen know that serving this is unacceptable (my wife was so discussed that she lost her appetite and could not finish hers) I did finish mine being a former Marine I wasn't so fazed. She offered no apology and removed the plates. She brought the bill and no compensation for the rotted lettuce. I asked for the manager and she came to the table and asked what I wanted. I asked if she had seen the rotted lettuce and she stated" I DID AND THERE WASN'T THAT MUCH" She appeared confused as to why I had sent it back as after all there wasn't that much ROTTED lettuce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then she asked what she wanted ME to do about it. I told her what does she think she should do for serving rotted lettuce. She said that she would take off only part of the bill but not the whole amount as there wasn't that much ROTTED lettuce. I paid the bill in full and told her it was my first time and my last. I am a year round resident and eat out 3 to 4 times a week as we have a lot of excellent restaurants in Punta Gorda and the local area. I have NEVER got ROTTED lettuce from the local fast food establishments and if I did I am sure they would correct it with a refund or replacement. The server was good and atmosphere nice but the food is over priced and poor quality control given that you can get much better lunch for less from another establishment in the same block. Also this is the first bad review I have left on Trip I usually leave good reviews as I am not that critical. But ROTTED Lettuce I mean Really????????????

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Branden A, Manager at Santhinos, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
David A, I'm sorry about your experience with our restaurant. I did speak to the daytime manager, as she called me tell me about the situation as it happened. She also did send a picture to me of the dish. Altough I do disagree with the remarks on all the lettuce was bad, I do still understand that you were dissapointed in the small amount of lettuce that was bad. I had told the daytime manager to take that salad entree off the bill, but the other entree to charge full pricw because you had consumed the whole salad. After she had brought that to you, you disagreed and said the whole bill should have been taken care of and if it wasn't you were leaving a terrible review on "tripadvisor" and never coming back. We do treat every customer the same and if you have consumed the whole dish we do charge full price. I would also like to mention that if you are unsatisfied with the dish when it comes out or even halfway through, PLEASE send it back so we can correct the problem. We do serve salads with every meal during dinner and I have yet to have any problems in 5 years with the lettuce, so rest assure we will have this problem corrected during lunch and make sure this never happens again. Thank you!