“GREAT LOCATION” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Punta Gorda
Kalamazoo
“GREAT LOCATION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

The hotel and staff are all great!! It's location is perfect. It's within walking distance to all of downtown, local restaurants and watching the perfect sunset!!! We are already recommending the hotel to friends and family that might be visiting the Punta Gorda area. Great job Sheraton!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
cheaxt, e Marketing Coordinator at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this review, April 23, 2010
You just made my day! Thank you so much for all the kind comments!!! We are here for our guests, and we try everything to uphold that value. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review and let everyone know how your stay was with us! Hope to see you soon :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Eustis, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

Even though we just stayed overnight, our stay was fabulous! Registration was quick and the employees were quite pleasant. We loved the room decor. Actually it fit our taste perfectly. The beds and pillows were most comfortable and we slept well...no noise. Most of our time was spent at a family wedding nearby so we didn't get to visit the surrounding area. We would love to visit the area again and stay at the Sheraton!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
cheaxt, eMarketing Coordinator at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this review, April 23, 2010
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Hard to believe that we have almost been open 1 year already, but we're still here to serve our guests first! Hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Punta Gorda :)
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

SPOTLESS CLEAN inside & out with the friendliest most helpful staff. Even the housekeeping seemed happy to be there. ONLY TIP is to NOT book through the 800 nbr. Book on-line and SAVE A LOT of money. Even with our preferred card with this hotel chain - they couldn't/ wouldn't give us any kind of deal on our room rate. Then a fridge & microwave is another $10 a night EACH. The safe in the room is nice & big. The rooms were quiet despite the bridge/traffic outside. We saw a lot of rolled down windows & unlocked car doors so the Punta Gorda area seemed crime free. Beautiful walking / running/biking trail. Restaurant food a little expensive - but great "hidden" places to eat in area & some within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
fourpointspuntagorda, Director of Sales & Marketing at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this review, April 15, 2010
Thank you for your kind words about your stay. As a new hotel, we strive for excellence in welcoming each and every guest and making everyone feel like they're at home. Next time your travels bring you to Punta Gorda, please be sure to give us a call and ask for "In-House Reservations" and one of our dedicated Four Points employees will be more than happy to assist you in making your reservation at our hotel property itself! Thanks again :)
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

My husband and I spent 4 days and 3 fabulous nights at this wonderful hotel. Everything about this hotel was great, from the staff, the food, the rooms, the fitness area, the pool area, the wonderful view we had of the harbor and the fun we had in the area of Punta Gorda. We can't say enough about the Four Points Sheraton Harborside at Punta Gorda and cannot wait for our next vacation!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
fourpointspuntagorda, Director of Sales & Marketing at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this review, April 1, 2010
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!! You just made my day for having such a wonderful stay with us!!! I am glad to hear that we made you feel like family and hope that next time you come to Punta Gorda we will welcome you back in again! one last time, THANK YOU for staying with us at Four Points and look forward to welcoming you back very soon :)
Miami, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

This hotel provides a good location and a spotlessly clean room. The website speaks of TempurPedic beds, but I don't think that is what is in room 229. If it is, then TempurPedic beds are very very firm. A nice bed nonetheless. No complimentary breakfast. The continental breakfast including bacon and eggs is $12. Ouch! $24 for a couple. Bring something with you or go to Dennys. NO FREE COFFEE! $2 a cup! Nice small bar in the lobby. 2 beers $9. Nice employees. Nicely decorated in a modern european style, with a focus on a watery theme appropriate for its coastal location.

Excellent value all around.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
fritz825, Director of Sales & Marketing at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this review, March 30, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was! We value each and every guest's honest opinions and should there be any negative comments, we seriuosly take it to heart and come up with a better solution. We are in the works with rearranging our breakfast options to include FREE coffee plus some other options in the development state. I hope everything else met your approval and look forward to welcoming you back to Four Points should your travels bring you Punta Gorda. Thanks again for your feedback :)
Miami Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

I've had some pretty bad experiences at a Four Points Sheraton in the past. But I went with TripAdvisor.com comments about this particular property. Whoa ... this was a real treat.
The hotel is instantly recognizable from US 41 southbound, driving into Punta Gorda from Port Charlotte. It's in a great location - right on the banks of the Peace River.
The hotel is spotless and the service is good but not stellar.
Then things got weird. This hotel is über-hip. That's totally fine for me - a cultured 37-year-old who loves the W Hotel in San Francisco and New Orleans and knows a lot about South Beach hotels - as I live in Miami.
The "front desk" is a podium placed in a hallway across from the elevators. The "business center" are two computers in the Library - try having a conference call to L.A. when a mom and her teenage daughter are next to you watching TV and playing on the adjacent desktop PC.
Still, I enjoyed this place. My 64-year-old mom and 80-year-old stepdad would have hated it.
And this is what's so bizarre -- this hotel is in Punta Gorda, where EVERYBODY seems to be between 64 and 80.
The rooms are very much like the Standard Hotel, minus cinder-block walls (thank god). You get a stand-up shower and no bathtub. Boo!
You get a bathroom with ultra-mod fixtures that make you get creative about where to put things.
You get an HDTV with a good assortment of TV channels, including 3 Showtimes.
You get in-room Starbucks, TAZO tea and *free* bottled water. Nice!
But the room, again, is ultra-mod. There is a W-esque window sill with padding and pillows designed for people to kick back and relax while reading or looking out at the awesome view of the river and Gulf of Mexico - assuming you're on a high floor facing west.
But I can't picture mom and stepdad taking advantage of this. Where else would one sit? There's one 60s-ish mod desk chair that's better to look at than to sit in. The bed is a little stiff, and the pillows were big and fluffy but flat as a pancake - boo!
Lastly, the windows don't open. So even though the weather was great, I had to run air. And then heat. And then air.
There's a cabinet to hang things, and a few random shelves and oddly placed bins by the window to store clothes. The desk space is good.
So while I liked it, I still must ask who the heck the hotel is trying to appeal to, because there were NO people close to my age to be found. I saw business travelers who weren't exactly hip. I saw families. I saw some young couples.
Maybe they like über-hip.
The hotel restaurant is cheap. Really. I got a $9 omelette - with no toast or potatoes. Just fruit. And a tomato.
A $2 glass of grapefruit juice was the size of my niece's Juicy Juice box she takes to school.
Other comments: at 9am when I went to swim the pool guy was cleaning the big pool. The hot tub was hot, but no jets were working.
Now, about Punta Gorda -- this town was decimated by a hurricane in 2004. It's in good shape now, and most of the town's quaint shops and restaurants are within walking distance or a few blocks' drive of the hotel. But there's this weird emptyness between the hotel and Marion Avenue, where most of downtown starts.
And because I had a 5pm Pacific time conference call start a half-hour late, and I didn't finish until 90 minutes later, I had to scramble to find a place to eat dinner. On a Monday night, most everything was either closed or wrapped up at 9:30pm.
Thankfully I found the Celtic Ray, a wonderful Irish bar with a kitchen that stayed open until 10ish. Long story short - the original owner is back and so is the good food, new friends and great ambience. Authentic, good and cheap - Fish and Chips, a half-and-half and a bowl of Potato Leek Soup for $24 with tip included.
Before leaving Punta Gorda I walked from the hotel to Fisherman's Village. It's about 1 1/2 miles each way, but the weather was gorgeous and I am a marathoner. Most people should drive.
Fisherman's Village would be Mom's Paradise - lots of boutiques, art shops and restaurants catering to the 60+ crowd.
Again - Punta Gorda is a great retirement community.
Yet this Four Points is a "W Jr." and belongs in Santa Monica.

I'll definitely come back, but I kept thinking of that travel commercial with the older couple who check in to the über-modern hotel and have a horrible experience.
That would have been my folks if they had stayed here.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
fourpointspuntagorda, Director of Sales & Marketing at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this review, March 29, 2010
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in Punta Gorda. To answer a question of yours, our primary target market is geared towards leisure travelers and families coming to visit relatives in the area. With this in mind, that is the reason behind the colors, the window seat, the sliding bathroom door, and the size of the rooms, as we are the prototype Four Points testing out some features that Starwood Hotels is looking into rolling out in some of their brands. We highly value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to let us and everyone in the world know how your stay with us was. We hope that you will join us at Four Points again next time you are in the area, and welcome families, business travelers, and couples looking for a warm and welcoming hotel offering awesome water views and some of the warmest hospitality that Punta Gorda has to offer! Thanks again for reviewing us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon :)
Lighthouse Point, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

Look on line. Great pictures of this hotel and what you see is exactly what you get. New this past year so very clean and nice. I had a great cheese omelet, too! Staff were all friendly. I stay at a lot of hotels, and have never reviewed any of them but thought this one deserves a glowing review!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
fourpointspuntagorda, Director of Sales & Marketing at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this review, March 22, 2010
I am glad to hear that you enjotyed being with us, just as we enjoyed having you here! Next time you're in Punta Gorda I hope that you will stay with us again! Thanks for taking the time to write a review :)

Been to Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside? Share your experiences!