We spent 8 nights ar this hotel while visiting Punta Gorda in March. The hotel has beautiful decor, friendly staff and excellent cleanliness. We enjoyed the hotel bar and the restaurant (breakfast buffet $10/person). The tiki bar was nice, but patrons completely packed the parking lot and it was difficult to find parking in the late afternoon and evening.
We found the rooms to be quite small and without a usable seating area. The TV was on the wall, not adjustable, and you could not comfortably sit in either chair and see the TV. We wanted to unpack our bags for the stay, but there were no dressers/drawers. There were a couple of long benches with a shelf underneath, but not easy to use/access due to the ergonomics. The AC/heating unit did a terrible job of temperature control. The room was too hot unless the unit was loudly running, then it was ice cold in the room. The bathroom was quite large, but I would have preferred to have more usable space in the room. The elevators did not work the first two days we were there. The spa/ hot tub was either not working, ice cold, or too hot to sit comfortably in for our entire stay. The pool was great.
Our single biggest complaint was that there was no refrigerator in our room. What a surprise! Q We have stayed at Sheraton hotels all over the country and have ALWAYS had a refrigerator. We book at hotels like the Sheraton so we can expect to get basic amenities such as a refrigerator. My husband is insulin dependent and a refrigerator is a must. We offered to pay for a more expensive room to get a fridge, but that did not help. The desk staff offered to let us put medication in the employee fridge, but we can't take the chance on having the meds outside of our control. It took three days of asking every day, but they finally found a small fridge to roll into our room.
This is a nice hotel but we will not stay here again. For the price, we expect basic amenities like a fridge, adequate parking and good temperature control to be there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside is located on the edge of the Charlotte Harbor waterfront in south Florida. Our hotel is a short drive from Cape Haze and the Gulf of Mexico's shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside
- Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside Hotel Punta Gorda
- Four Points Punta Gorda