“Can I have my money back?” 1 of 5 stars

Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Outdoors
Activities: Group tours/walking tour, Viewing wildlife
Punta Gorda, FL
3 attraction reviews
“Can I have my money back?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

Do not waste your time or your money going here. Especially if you're a tourist and only have a short time to be here. Luckily, I live here so it didn't ruin a vacation day.

There is nothing special about this supposed "tour". You ride around in a schoolbus looking at empty fields, and cows and pigs, and then you get to walk around for 5 minutes and look at some trees, and then you get to look at a small alligator that has been inhaling exhaust for the entire trip. They keep it in a cage attached to the back of the bus, right above the exhaust pipe!! Weird.

I'll put it this way.......you can do everything that this tour does on your own for free. Take a drive down zemel road, or any road in that area. Thats basically the same thing as the tour, but they charge you for it. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.

Visited December 2010

Finland
11 attraction reviews
“90mins bustrip to wildlife”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

Babcock Wildlife Adventure is middle of nowhere. Bit difficult to find - the signs are too small for tourists. Please make them bigger !
We were well served and this is a very good quick look for Floridan wildlife and nature. You will be driving with a camouflage school bus and driver will stop every now and then for letting you take photos. We saw alligators, cows, horses, cougars and all kinds of birds - real swamp with water and without. Narration was informative and humorous - we had many good laughs.
There is a restaurant at the starting/arriving point together with souvenir shop.
I would recommend this adventure for families with kids and people who want to explore the nature in short time.

Minocqua
13 attraction reviews
“A nice little relaxing tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

We were visting friends in Port Charlotte for a week in March 2008. We spent most of our time on the boat or at the beach, but this tour was a nice relaxing break. I really enjoyed the tour. Our friends had never been on this tour before, but they are planning on taking other friends on the tour in the future. We thought it was reasonably priced and I enjoyed seeing the alligators, being from the upper midwest, I don't ever get to see these animals in nature. I would also highly recommend this tour for kids. The kids in our tour group seem to really enjoy it. We also got to pet a small alligator, a highlight for the kids!

Chicago, IL
“Wowzers!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2008

If you happen to be one of the unfortunate few who's parents kept them in a small box or closet your entire life, and you've never seen the light of day, until a DCFS agent, tipped off by a suspicious neighbor, came into free you, this tour may be right for you.

This "ecotour" takes you to see wildlife such as cows, horses, and pigs.

This takes up more than half of the trip.

For you, who has never seen the light of day, I'm sure this will be an amazing experience.

They bill themselves as an "ecotour", and then take you to see their destructive practices of deforestation, sod farming (you have never seen ANYTHING like a SOD FARM!), and cattle raising.

After this tour, I actually felt a little bit dumber.

For those of us who didn't grow up in a closet, the only way I can imagine this tour being the slightest bit interesting, is if you were Jim Morrison-high. I'm talking Elvis-Pressley-before-he-died-on- the-toilet-high.

As of now, I am one ecotour closer to death.

Merrillville, Indiana
111 attraction reviews
“Fun and Adventure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2007

I enjoyed the tour of the Babcock Ranch a great deal. I got on the
"swamp buggy" which is just like an old school bus. It's all open-air but has a cover on the top. The lush, tropcial scenery was beautiful. I saw a herd of cracker cattle. Then some wild pigs chased
after the swamp buggy and the tour guide stopped to give them some food. They were very hungry (see photo). Everyone got off the buggy to roam around the boardwalk. It was the perfect opportunity to stretch my legs and see and touch some of the beautiful trees. The best part of the tour was when the tour guide brought out an alligator for everyone to touch. I felt the gorgeous creature and he seemed to like it. (See photo for guide and alligator). Then the tour went into a cypress swamp area where I saw many Florida wading birds and some alligators (larger than the one I touched). My tour guide was very knowledgable about the Babcock Ranch and was always eager to please those of us who wanted a photo stop. After the tour,
I visited the "Country Store" gift shop which was nice. In addition, I saw Lulu, the three-headed cow, in her own stable. You gotta see this one! Very unique. A great attraction for all ages. An easy ride from Fort Myers. I took route 78 (Bayshore Rd) East then went North on route 31. Tip: Avoid I-75 if you can because there are too many traffic tie-ups on it every day. Accidents are a common occurance on that interstate. I was there in January 2007.