“Friendly staff” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Deltona, Florida
“Friendly staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed here recently for business. Check in was great - nice and smooth, super efficient. Asked for a room close to a colleague that was travelling with me. Was able to be placed directly across the hall from each other which was nice.

Room itself was close to gross. Found toenail clippings by couch, dirty toilet seat & smell of mildew. AC was very loud and annoying. No hot water for shower...had to settle for lukewarm.

On the plus side: Paul Mitchell shampoo & conditioner!

Room Tip: The room I had on the 4th floor was very quiet (other than AC being loud)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Casa Grande, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

When we arrived late in the evening we were alerted that our room was given to another customer because we were not Marriott Rewards members and they had overbooked our type of room. This happened at 7:30 am but did not alert us until we arrive. So we had to settle for a double bed suite instead of a king suite. When we get to our room it was nothing like the picture showed. The couches look to be 25 years old, the bathroom was not clean, and the entire suite had a mildew smell to it. Stayed in it 10 min and couldn't stand it so decided to leave. Luckily for us there was a Holiday Inn Express across the way, 100% cleaner and well maintained. Paid a little more but was well worth it.

Room Tip: Book your room at Holiday Inn Express just steps away.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Augusta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I wish I could give it 5 stars because the staff was outstanding. I just returned yesterday from a two day business trip. The lobby was very nice and inviting. Although I could not speak about the breakfast since I did not eat there. It seemed busy in the mornings which must means that it is good. The bed in my room was great. Loved the bed. Nice to have the little suite area although I didn't utilize it on this quick trip. I did all my relaxation after working all day on the bed. My two complaints are, and the reason I gave it only 3 stars or circles. The room had a funky musty smell and I could not get the temperature in the room correct therefore it felt like the room was very humid. If it wasn't cold it was hot in there. I did not let the front desk know and maybe someone should had looked at it. Since I was there for only two nights I figured I would just deal with it.

The location is perfect for your stay. Right off of i-95. I loved that there are nearby restaurants especially Outback right next door. I got a to go order and brought back and ate on my bed. The meal was delicious. It was funny driving up from West Palm Beach Airport I was telling myself I hope there was an Outback nearby and there sure was! :)

I would definitely stay here again and if I did have the same problem I would put an order for maintenance to check on the A/C unit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This the fourth year I have stayed at this hotel on a business trip.. It's always clean and has a friendly staff. It is very close to the NY Mets spring training baseball stadium, Interstate 95 and the Florida Turnpike.

I did not rate the value because the cost of the room was paid by a company and I did not see the bill.

The breakfast is not bad, but is the usual items found in any hotel. I never saw sausage gravy but could have been on a day I did not eat there.

There area number of restaurants nearby, some within walking distance. Next to the hotel is an Outback Steakhouse.

If I was in the area again but on vacation, I would consider staying at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I gave this 3 stars only because the staff was so pleasant and gracious to us. My husband and I stayed here as we looked for a house in the area. If Marriott is going to buy up hotels, they need to start investing in sprucing up the places. The wallpaper was peeling off the wall in the bathroom, the styrofoam cups for coffee were awful, our clock radio was broken, the pillows are awful, the refrigerator froze up. Alot of minor issues all over the place added up to a mediocre, at best, hotel.
Just want to say a special thanks to the front desk staff and the dining room staff.......it really was the staff that made our stay a pleasant one!!

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and were given a room on the 4th floor and it was very quiet!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stumbled upon this hotel after last desperate search for Marriott hotels. I got a great bargain under $100/night. The hotel is right off interstate, lots of restaurants within walking distance, clean and comfortable rooms. The hotel seems fairly new, or newly refurbished. Mattress was a little soft, not the most comfortable. And the A/C single unit was noisy--either on or off, no in-between setting. Flat screen tv, nice little living room area with refrigerator and microwave in the room. Free hot and cold breakfast, and the big bonus for me was the free pass to Gold's Gym right around the corner. I will definitely stay here again for the convenience, the amenities and the price. Just wish the A/C unit was quieter.

Room Tip: Not really a restaurant, but free breakfast buffet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ormond Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the last year. It is always clean and the staff is friendly and accommodating. The rooms have a kitchen area and desk and the bed and linens are comfortable and of good quality. Eggs, sausage, waffles, oatmeal, etc for breakfast. The hotel was upgraded recently and is well maintained. Great rates.....the best in the area. We will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family