“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Huye, Rwanda
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was your typical Marriott hotel. The service was very friendly, clean rooms, quiet environment. The breakfast staff was accommodating to my toddler daughter. They offered her bibs every morning, and payed attention to her. This is always important in being a parent. The treadmill did not work in the fitness room, so the attendant at the front desk offered my husband a pass to Gold's Gym, just a couple minutes away from the hotel. My husband was very impressed. This was a great experience.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

Convenient and easy at a good price. Only problem was elevator was out all weekend. Would have liked to see them fix it sooner.

• Stayed June 2012
Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

This is one of the best Springhill Suites I have stayed at. Staff is SUPER friendly and accommodating. They have Paul Mitchell as their complimentary shampoo. Breakfast is free and always great. This hotel is also a block off I-95. There are great restaurants nearby. Movie theatre and bowling alley is right next door. Very quiet. Very clean.

• Stayed May 2012
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great location, friendly front desk staff. Stayed here for 4 days. Luck of the draw, I guess, we were given one of the worst rooms in the house, next to/beind the ice and soda machines, with a very strange layout inside the suite. As soon as we assessed the room, we asked for something else. Despite only a dozen cars in the parking lot, we were told there was not another king suite available. After a 15 hour drive from up north, we were too tired to argue.

First day, uneventful. We did the 'green' thing and requested no bed linen changes, good for the environment, good for the housekeeper. Day two and three, we only got two towels (for 2 adults). Day four, the maid didnt even rinse out the sink (the soda I had poured out in the morning remained...there were coke colored droplets all over the sink when we returned at 5 pm). Nor did s/he open the shower curtain. My husband's wet washcloth was still on the corner rim of the tub. The bed pillow I used as a backrest was still in the desk chair, crumpled up from the morning.

We won't stay here again. It's the lowest-end Marriott we've ever been in.

Room Tip: No tips to offer.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Niceville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

The staff was friendly; the room was very spacious and clean. The breakfast was great as well. Don't hesitate staying there. There is also an Outback Steakhouse and Chili's just a few feet away.

Room Tip: My room had a separate area with a couch, chair and flatscreen, in addition to the one in the sleepi...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Franklin, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayted at the SpringHill Marriott in Port St Lucie from April 5-8th, 2012. This hotel was a great! We had a room with 2 double beds and a sofa pull out. It was my husband and I and our 4 kids - the room was spacious and clean!! The front desk and staff were friendly. We enjoyed our stay there very much! It is located in St Lucie West near lots of attractions and food :) We will stay here again!

Room Tip: we called the hotel directly and got a better rate than what was advertised on hotels.com or an of t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Connecticut, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I must preface this review by stating that I am involved in the travel business, and spend approximately 100 nights a year in hotels. 90% of my stays are in so-called luxury hotels throughout Europe.
When I was asked to lead a trip to Port St Lucie with a baseball team, I was very concerned. Having never been to PSL, I immediately began my homework with regards to hotels and restaurants.
I never had a choice with regards to which hotel the camp assigned my group, so my homework on the hotel front was very quick. We had been assigned the Springhill Suites. I immediately researched as much as possible about the hotel.
I am a firm follower of TripAdvisor, and after reading some of the reviews, I was a little concerned as to where I was heading. However, not having much choice, I decided to go with an open mind.
I stayed 5 nights at this location and cannot believe some of the reviews previously read. The first plus about the hotel were the staff. I have truly stayed in 5 star hotels throughout the world, but have never been treated so well by an entire group. Due to scheduling, I spent a great deal of time in the lobby area, witnessing a group of employees going above and beyond with/for every single guest.
I have noticed some negative comments about the staff which really confuse me. Dealing with a variety of guests (mainly high school baseball players), not once did I hear them say no to anything. I found them to be courteous, conscientious, and best of all, friendly!
My room was exactly what I expected for the price I paid. The bed was clean, the bathroom was spotless (with a few signs of age), and the general state of the room was in good condition. I have never stayed in a Springhill Suite prior, so was interested to see what determined it being a suite. Similar to previous reviews, there was a small kitchen area that I felt was more than adequate, but not large enough for a family of 4.
I am aware that people of all ages stay at the hotel, and the comment made about the elevator amused me. I know that there are less fortunate people than me that need to take an elevator for health reasons, but I was on the 4th floor, at the end of the corridor. It took me a whole 3 minutes to walk from the reception to my room!
Breakfast was again adequate. Not a full buffet breakfast, but certainly enough to get you started for the day. On my first morning I was late for breakfast. I arrived at 9:35 am not realizing that breakfast finished at 9:30 am. By 9:35 am the breakfast had been cleaned up, almost in it's entirety. A member of the kitchen staff asked me if I would like anything, and then went above and beyond to bring me some breakfast. This was after it had already been put away. There were one or two comments about how quick the breakfast was cleaned up, but I say excellent job done! It was clearly stated that breakfast finished at 9:30 am and people should have been down with time to spare (including me).
I must finish by highly recommending this hotel should you be in PSL. Do not expect 5 star luxury, but be happy with a clean room, an adequate breakfast, and super duper staff.
To the staff: Thank you very much. It makes traveling away from home so much easier dealing with people like yourselves. Please be sure to keep up the good work!

Room Tip: We live in a world of you get what you pay for. This hotel is an absolute bargain for the prices off...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Port St. Lucie? Share your experiences!