Very drab & basic, verging on depressing decor. Ancient TV sets (deeper than wide) with limited selections & never got wifi to work in 3-night stay. Series of mishaps made it clear that upkeep is not really a primary concern to this organization.
First night the watering system kicked on outside & was so loud we went to investigate, finding a geyser of water shooting 5 feet straight up outside our front window. "After hours" phone # was answered but they said that it's a maintenance issue so nothing could be done. Noise continued for a couple of hours but shut off eventually.
Next day, when opening our sliding door to let in some fresh air, discovered that the door doesn't lock. Called office and after several hours they said they would swap our room for another. After packing everything up, went to the "new" room only to discover it smelled so badly of dampness & stale cigarette smoke that we couldn't consider staying there. Had to drive back to the off-site welcome center to report this problem as e phone wasn't answered. Staff member was pleasant & apologetic & tried to be accommodating, somewhat mitigating the hassle factor. Were given a 3rd room which was better, but after returning from dinner, found that in addition to the treat of listening to yapping dog somewhere in our building, the smoke alarm in adjacent, apparently unoccupied unit, had a low battery that beeped every 40 seconds through the entire night. Didn't bother calling the after hours number since this was futile the first night.
Port St. Lucie was fine - nice area & plenty of golf and entertainment to keep us busy.
So if drab, depressing decor combined with poor maintenance is your thing, Castle Pines may be your dream vacation, but it didn't work well for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether it is business or pleasure, family vacation or golf getaway, you'll find everything you could possibly desire at Castle Pines Golf Villas at PGA Village. What a treat to stay where you play some of the greatest golf in the universe on championship courses designed by legendary architects Tom Fazio and Pete Dye. Choose from a wide range of accommodations and vacation rentals with all the comforts of home including resort style pool and hot tub. Castle Pines Golf Villas at PGA Village offers our guests outdoor activities with our golf packages, such as 54 holes of world-class golf and access to the PGA learning center. The golf hotel feel accommodates professionals, beginners and leisure-seekers alike. Port St. Lucie is a fantastic destination for golfers, New York Mets fans, and people with families who love a friendly, small-town atmosphere. Located in the southern part of St. Lucie County, Port St. Lucie boasts all the everyday conveniences of daily life with a unique south Florida charm. Castle Pines Golf Villas is conveniently located off I-95, approximately 55 miles from Palm Beach International Airport, 75 miles from Orlando International Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Castle Pines Golf Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Pines Golf Villas Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Castle Pines Golf Villas Florida/Port Saint Lucie