“Sneaky Practices” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
“Sneaky Practices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I am part of a private flight crew. Our dispatch could not find us a nice hotel so they booked us at a lessor hotel. I called Hilton Garden Inn PGA and found rooms that were a little more money than the other hotel but didn't know if I had the approval from my company. The manager who took my reservation stayed on the phone while I called another crew member to see what I should do. We still weren't sure but I didn't want to lose the rooms so I made the reservation and told her that I will cancel them if I was not approved. She said ok…. When I tried to cancel the room the next day, She said she told me i needed to cancel them 24 hours in advance. I made the res at 7pm at night and it was 1100 am when i called. I would have never have made the res in the first place had i known I couldn't cancel. She told me that it was in the confirmation email. Well, the email comes after the res was set so it really wouldn't have mattered.

So we checked in because we were being charged anyway and we asked the person checking us in, when is the last possible time do we have to let you know if we are staying tomorrow? She said you have until noon…. Well, again we called before noon to let them know we needed to check out and they are charging us a $50 per room fee!!! We have 3 rooms!!

This place needs to let you know UP FRONT what the policies are. Don't send us an email after the fact that we are stuck!! I will never come here again. Yes, I am still here in this money trap and furious! I you need to be flexible, don't stay here.

JR is awesome!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Carla B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village / Port St. Lucie, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I understand your frustrations and apologize for your experience. Our cancellation policy as well as our early departure policy is noted in writing on all confirmations as well as provided verbally during the reservation process. Each hotel may have a different policy as I'm sure you are aware as a regular traveler. I will, of course, ensure that our staff is well-trained in explaining and clarifying the policies. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Douglasville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is a very nice hotel with great access to PGA West golf courses, area restaurants, and is easily accessible to I-95. The accessible room I was given was very spacious, with two double beds and a roll in shower. Although the hotel is a bit pricey the rooms are very clean and the bed very comfortable. The lobby is nicely adorned and clean. Very friendly staff from front desk personnel to the housekeepers.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Carla B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village / Port St. Lucie, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you! We appreciate your kind words and I will share your compliments with the front desk and housekeeping staff! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that we see you again soon!
Edwardsville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

our room was clean and nice but the bed was rock hard and the sheets kept coming off all night. Also, for over $250.00, I think we should have gotten a complimentary breakfast. It was a pretty hotel tho. The special was prime rib and it was pretty bad. Very, very rare, when I wanted it medium, and cold. I asked if it could be cooked a little more, it still came back cold and rare

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to give us a review! We appreciate your feed back and are dissappointed to know that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I apologize for your experience in the restaurant and will address the issues with their manager. I hope you will consider staying with us again and give us another opportunity to provide great service!
Seaford, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

My daughter-in law booked this Hilton as part of a present for my son and me. We were going to spend most of our time at Tradition Field to witness Met Spring Training and we did. However our time at the Hotel was very enjoyable starting with the made to order breakfasts at the Breakfast Buffet, the workouts in the gym and soak in the pool and hot tub. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. Great place to stay for golfers as the courses are nearby. The Met Spring complex is minutes away and a fantasy land for baseball fans of all ages. Shopping is a short drive away as are many restaurants. All in all our stay here was great.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook pool area as ours did but didn't effect the quality of our experience one bi...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to review us! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit for Spring Training and hope this was the first of many visits! We hope to see you again soon!
Allen Park, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

An exceptional hotel and a great bargin considering the quality of facilities and personel. Port St Lucie is a very nice location with many activities nearby, good selection of restaurants and shopping and not too far from the coast. I will come back.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Carla B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village / Port St. Lucie, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your time in completing a review! We are so pleased you enjoyed our hotel and Port St. Lucie! We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

When a hotel says completely 100% smoke free with a designated smoking area, you would not expect that the only outdoor area would be the smoking area. There are signs that call it the Smoker's Oasis literally. There are no patios or balconies with rooms. The only way to enjoy the beautiful weather is to go out on the patio that is attached to the pool. There are ashtrays everywhere. The smoke stays under the covered patio area which makes it unbearable for non smokers. When around the pool, the wind blows it all around and it gets trapped between the two sides of the building. There should be a smoking area, but it should not be combined with the only outside area.

We travel a lot in the US and internationally. This is the first time we have not been able to enjoy the outside or felt like we were killing ourselves by being outside. Our son has asthma and smoke is a big trigger. He never could go outside. When we questioned this at the front desk, they did not have a care in the world.

There are lots of groups there....one was large because of the Mets. When they arrived back to the hotel, they would file out in large groups of 30 plus to all smoke at the same time. The area is not that big!

We had a suite, so the room was nice. Unfortunately, the smoking policy will not allow for us to stay there again when on our yearly golf trip. We like hotels over condos usually but will go back to Castle Pines because of pool area.

The housekeepers did a great job. Brooke was especially good. She left me notes about what she had done and even some candy.

Stay away from the buffet breakfast. It is no better than a free continental, there was trash everywhere from coffee fixings and people making waffles. I asked for a diet coke and never got it. I love a good hotel breakfast, but this was a disappointment. The pastries on the continental part were cheap plastic wrapped ones you buy at SAMs club. Take the 12 per person and go down the road to a better breakfast place.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review us. We are disappointed that we were not completely satisfied with your stay and apologize for any inconveniences experienced in our restaurant and outside with regard to smoking. We hope to improve in these areas and earn you back as a guest. We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Hotel is very clean. The pools is a good size and has different depths. Nice lounge chairs around the pool. Very helpful staff, JR was wonderful and very helpful. Little pantry shop for things you may have forgotten. We'll definitely return if in the area again. Great place for golfers!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking time to review us! We truly appreciate your business. I happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel and that our staff made you feel so welcome! I will be sure to share your praises with JR and the rest of our team! We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Saint Lucie
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
4.5 of 5 stars 326 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Port St. Lucie, West
Hampton Inn & Suites Port St. Lu...
#4 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
4.5 of 5 stars 195 reviews
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
#3 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
4.5 of 5 stars 201 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#8 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
4.0 of 5 stars 113 reviews
BEST WESTERN Port St. Lucie
BEST WESTERN Port St. Lucie
#5 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
4.5 of 5 stars 212 reviews
Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside / Jensen Beach

Been to Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village / Port St. Lucie? Share your experiences!