We had just finished a three day golf school at Innisbrook and wanted to test our new found skills at a suitable golf destination. The folks at Golfpac recommended the PGA facility at Port St' Lucie which has two Tom Fazio courses and a Pete Dye creation. We booked the package which included the Sheraton Villas. The villas are located very close to the golf courses - close enough that we left our clubs at the storage facility and walked to the course on the second day. Also it's only a short walk to the Sam Snead's Tavern in the Hilton which has a great prime rib special on Fridays and Saturdays.
Check-in was a breeze. There are four seperate stand alone villas each with three stories and I think four units per floor. The units are immense and very well appointed with a kitchen that would not be out of place in anyone's home. There are golf themed pices of furniture such as a lamp made with golf clubs that add a nice touch. Everything was spotless and in three days I could not think of a single thing we needed, but did not have.
Getting supplies for the unit was a simple drive directly down the main street a couple of miles to a Publix.
There is only one reason I do not give this place the highest rating and that is that it really is just a set of buildings just off the interstate, which unfortunately you can hear pretty clearly from the patio. In other words there is nothing intrinsically interesting about the buildings or the surroundings. It's there because of the golf courses, but it is a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy spacious one and two-bedroom villas conveniently located in Port St. Lucie, Florida where your backyard is the one-of-a-kind PGA Village(TM)that boasts three golf courses owned and operated by the PGA of America. Relax after a day of golf, instruction or adventure in the resort's sparkling three-bay climate controlled pool, along with a relaxing whirlpool spa. Kids of all ages will enjoy fun in the sun whether splashing in the shallow pool just for them, playing a poolside game of chess on a giant chess board or practicing their own swing at the playground or junior golf clinics throughout the year. With fully equipped kitchenettes or kitchens in your villa, the resort does not feature an on-site restaurant, however many restaurants are right nearby. Within walking distance of the resort is Sam Snead's Oak Grill & Tavern. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Pga Vacation Resort, Port St. Lucie Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Sheraton Port Saint Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Sheraton
- Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort Villas Florida/Port Saint Lucie