“Fantastic” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Sandpiper Bay

Save Saved
You added Club Med Sandpiper Bay to your Saves list
Club Med Sandpiper Bay
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   4500 S.E Pine Valley Street, Port Saint Lucie, FL 34952   |
Ranked #5 of 11 hotels in Port Saint Lucie
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Fantastic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

Truly a fantastic experience.

A fun place for ALL ages!
I arrived with my extended family (Mother,Sister and 3 children). from the first day I barely saw my kids, they were taking full advantage of the clubs and activities, which are superbly run by the GO's -they really make it happen, kudos to Mycheal and Wren who supervised the 11-17 age group and of -course Lionel who made us feel most welcome.

We celebrated my Mothers Bithday in which Johnathon from guest services assited us in making it a memorable experience, I had no idea what to do, within minutes, he arranged flowers, Champange, balloons, and Birthday Cake, all of this was organised within 5 minutes after checking-in, a true proffesional.

The entire staff were friendly and helpful. At times some of the staff joined us for Dinner! - Thanks Eric (bartender) youre a great guy!
Luna, my youngest son enjoyed youre company..

Tons of entertainment, great pools, nice gym, great food, full array of activities - well done!

Anyway - we definately plan to return.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this review, February 20, 2011
Dear Rugby4Life,
We're thrilled to hear that your family had such a great time with us! Our GOs and guest service representatives are always willing to help and we're glad to hear about your Mother's birthday! We hope to see you back soon!

2,071 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
Ridgefield Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

My friends and I went for a girl's weekend (no kids!) and we had a wonderful time. The staff made the stay....seriously. The food was great and the activities made it pefect for a 4-5 day get away. Best: Food, drink, GO's, Pool, Sailing Least: we stayed pre-rennovation and got a great deal, but the Spa/Gym was not completed yet, so the Spa was in hotel rooms. I'm assuming in May, that will be completed and much better, but we saved a bunch of $$ going early so we thought it was totally worth it. Some of the great GO's were: Nicky (singing!), Anna (Zumba), John and Jameson (sailing) and Michel (wine).

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Dear nerl92,
Glad to hear your girls weekend went so well! We apologize for some areas of the resort not being 100%, until the renovations are complete. We hope you and your girlfriends will come back and stay with us soon!
Jupiter, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

We came with 2 other couples leaving our teenagers at home. The setting was beautiful. The rooms were spacious. The staff was very friendly minus Eric and Sarah at the bar. However all the evening entertainment was geared towards young children. All we saw around us was strollers with young families. Taking up the sidewalks with screaming kids. It was like being at Disney. We were 6 adults looking for relaxation. They have an adult pool - amazing setting but very far (round trip took about a half hour walk- no kidding) to the bar that has a two drink limit as lectured by Eric and Sarah. It is an all-inclusive but it only has one bar for the entire resort. Not only did they lecture us on the 2 drink limit, they also lectured us about how this resort is more kid friendly (as a customer I didn't really care as I just spent a lot of money to come here). This would be a 5 star resort if they: Had a bar at the adult pool area (or bar service), had entertainment for adults, expand the outdoor restaurant menu, provide wireless internet at no cost, and move Eric and Sarah away from the customers. Tara and Ruthe were awesome.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear 21111,
We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with certain aspects of our resort, though we do appreciate your constructive criticism. We truly hope you come back to our resort, or perhaps try a different Club Med resort for an amazing vacation experience!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

I must admit that I was skeptical about our vacation after reading some of the negative Trip Advisor reviews; however, I'm sorry I bought into the negativity. Sandpiper Village was great! My husband and our two children (ages 4 and 6) vacationed here Feb 5 - 12 and had an absolutely amazing time. Here's the rundown:

Rooms:
We stayed in a renovated deluxe family room on the ground level. It was incredibly spacious, with two bathrooms (1 full, 1 half) and two bedrooms (one with 2 twin beds, the other was a combo bedroom/living room with a king size bed). Both had flat screen TVs, which came in handy to entertain the kids while getting ready each morning. :o) The suite was tastefully decorated and quite comfortable - with tons of closet space. The lovely housekeepers did a fine job keeping our room tidy and were so pleasant to deal with. The refrigerator is always stocked with cold water, soft drinks and juice - and at no additional cost (the ONLY place in the country where items in the mini-fridge don't cost extra!)

When coming to Club Med people should realize that they are here for the activities, the food and the all-inclusive nature of the facility - this is not the Ritz Carlton (we heard complaints about the decor; however, we saw no issue with it). The rooms are really only used to sleep - we spent the bulk of our days partaking in the vast array of activities available to us.

Activities:
Because I am pregnant, I was pretty limited in what I could do. I did take the yoga classes and the instructors were so sweet and helpful when it came to suggesting alternate poses for me. My husband spent a good amount of time on the volleyball court and taking trapeze lessons from Hugh, Mattieu, Nick, Marcus, Heather and Meghan. They were all just so much fun to watch and to work with. There is ALWAYS something going on and even though I couldn't actively participate, I had a great deal of fun watching!

If you're not the active type, there are plenty of lounge chairs around each of the pools, around the complex and at the beach. We had a ball just sitting on the large covered loungers on the beach building sand castles with the kids.

Each evening, there are family-centered shows that are really quite entertaining. We went to Cirque (their version of Cirqe du Soleil), the trapeze demonstration and family circus night. These GOs are VERY talented and put on quite a show. They are really not to be missed! We didn't go to any of the live bands/ bar activities because we were usually in bed. :o)

Kidz Village:
Wow. I was a little leery about leaving my kids with strangers,but my fears were quickly dissipated when we met the staff. My kids just adored their GOs - Mr. Nicky, Mr. Raymond, Miss Shauna, Miss Ana, Miss Jessica and Mr. Travis. They are great with the kids, full of energy and really make the kids feel very special. I popped in several times to take pictures of my kids and never saw the GOs sitting on the sidelines - whether they were at the trapeze, in the pool, on the playground or leading other activities (sports, circus, dance, etc.), the GOs were active, involved and seemed to love what they were doing. They also knew my kids and me by name by the second day. My children chomped at the bit each morning to go to the Kidz Village and were always reluctant to leave at the end of each day. It means a lot to know that my children got such great care and were so active each day. It also meant a lot that whenever we saw these GOs around the complex in the evenings, they always stopped by to say hello or would pop in and eat with us at mealtimes.

They even arranged a special birthday surprise for my son, who turned 4 during our stay. They got a special dessert (complete with candle), sang "happy birthday" and gave him a small gift. He was absolutely thrilled!

Spa:
During our stay my husband had a sports massage and I had both a Swedish massage and a facial. Even though the spa has not yet been renovated, it is a beautiful, relaxing space. The staff are warm and friendly and quite talented. Nicky, Shannon and Heloise are just fabulous and I highly recommend the spa treatments. Note that you will need cash if you plan to leave a tip, as the spa is unable to add a tip to your room card.

Restaurants:
We ate the bulk of our meals at the Marketplace (buffet). They offer a really wide range of foods and we never, ever went away hungry. The soups are delicious and there is a FABULOUS baker on staff who makes the most incredible pastries and breads. You cannot leave until you've tried the white chocolate brioche... Also not to be missed are the chicken pot pie, beef burgundy, bolognese sauce, lamb chops and prime rib.

The GOs working at the restaurant are very helpful and assisted us in finding tables when we decided to dine with friends (we met and befriended a few couples and sometimes ate together as a large group). Sun, who works the front of the house, is so accommodating! We ordered a cake (available 24 hours in advance if you speak with the baker) for our son's birthday and he arranged to have it brought to our table and for the staff to come and sing "happy birthday". He, along with all the sous chefs, is very helpful in arranging for special requests (we have food allergies), as well.

We ate a couple of meals at Soleil, the table service restaurant, and we befriended Nikos, who is the sweetest waiter! While we adored the service, the menu is very limited. See below for more on this.

Bar:
While I didn't partake of any alcoholic beverages, my husband did. I did have a few virgin drinks, which were great. My husband was pleased with his selections and the bartenders were, like the rest of the GOs, fun and eager to please. There is only one bar location and no pool/beach side bar. See below for more on this.

Front Desk, Laundry, Misc.:
The front desk staff were most helpful and always very happy to assist with any questions or issues we had. When I needed to get to a pharmacy to get medicine for my daughter, along with some sundries we'd forgotten, Jonathon immediately volunteered to go himself and get what we needed so we wouldn't have to leave the facility. It is just amazing the level of service these GOs provide!

We were able to get a few small sundry items at the golf pro shop, but the selection is very limited. Whatever you can't get on-site is available at a nearby Walgreen's. See below for more comments on this.

There are laundry machines available in each building, along with detergent and fabric softener ($1 wash, $1 dry, $1.25 apiece for detergent/softener). You can get change at the front desk. Wash/fold/dry cleaning service is also available, but it is pricey. We did use this service ($35 for 10 lbs of laundry), it was ready the next morning and we were able to charge it to our room. We also used the laundry machines (didn't know about them until after we'd used the service!) and found it to be convenient.

Lionel, who is in charge of the GO staff, is always around, always chatting with guests and quick to jump in and make your stay as comfortable as possible. Get to know him - he's great. :o) Overall, the staff is incredible. At the circus, Kidz Club, outdoor activities, bar and restaurants, everybody is friendly and courteous. Importantly, they are all obviously having a good time and are dedicated to making sure the guests do as well.

Our Suggestions:
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and have already planned to come back next year. While we have NOTHING negative to say about the village, we do have a few suggestions that might further enhance the experience (as well as helpful tips for future visitors).

* A dedicated sundry shop would be most helpful. Selling batteries, sundries, disposable cameras and the like would be convenient for visitors and would generate even more revenue for the club.

* Provide either a rotating menu for Soleil or enlarge the one offered. The selection is extremely limited and does not change. We would like to have seen different offerings...and we noticed that it was sometimes difficult to find seating because Marketplace patrons would often load up their plates at the buffet and come seat themselves at Soleil. Perhaps even moving it away from the Marketplace or distinctly roping it off from the main buffet restaurant would be helpful.

* Provide drawer space/shelving in the rooms. While there was ample closet space, there were only two small rollaway drawers and a teeny rolling drawer in the desk. Most people traveling to Club Med bring casual clothing that is more conducive to folding than hanging. Even putting cubbies in one of the closets would be really nice.

* Provide a poolside and/or beachside bar. The Slice bar is quite nice, but being able to order even from a limited selection at the beach or at the adult pool would be really handy.

* Even though the village is all-inclusive, bring some cash with you to tip at the spa and to exchange for quarters should you need to do laundry.

Dear MerryMary93,
We truly appreciate your thoughtful and thorough review of Club Med Sandpiper Bay! Thank you so much for all of your positivity and enthusiasm, as well as your helpful critiques. We hope to see you back very soon!
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

I'm so lucky that I live less than 2 hours from Sandpiper Bay!! My husband and I have not had a vacation in 5 years and I can say that we got everything we wanted spending 5 days at Sandpiper Bay. We arrived and we got to our room to find that the air conditioning was not working and Tara at the front desk got us a room right away. Property:The property is set on the river and you feel like your on an island. The village is a nice size, not too small or too big. We never once felt it was crowded. Room: we had the family club room,which is 2 rooms, one with a kingsize bed and another with 2 bunk beds, we were hardly in the room. The bed and linens were very comfortable . The best part of the vacation is our 4 year daughter had the best time. All the GO's, Shauna, Jessica, Dereck, Lala took Sarah under their wingsto make sure she had the best time. There was something planned for the kids every hour and my daughter could not wait to go back the next day. In the meantime, my husband and I were able to spend some quality alone time together and have a nice leisurely lunch and hangout by the beautiful adult infinitey pool. Our daughter was in camp til 5pm, we picked her up and than brought her back to the dining room to have dinner with her group and we were able to have a nice quiet dinner together. I knew where she was throughout the day and if I missed her I popped into one of the actiivites to say hi and give her a kiss. Food: amazing and fresh with a wide variety, and the white chocolate bread, very addicting, gained 5lbs in 5 days!! All in all it was one of the best vacations and we cannot wait to go back. Thank you GO's at Sandpiper Bay, see you soon.

Dear Francine64,
Thank you so much for all of your high praise! We are so happy that we were able to accommodate you and your family. We are thrilled that you had such a great time and hope to have you back again soon!
North York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

We stayed at the Club Med for one week in January, 2011 after the club was renovated. The service from all the G.O.'s and staff was excellent. We flew into West Palm Beach and then drove about 45mins north to get to the club. It is set on a very pretty river with its own beach. There are a few pools, however one of the nicer ones is not heated, therefore nobody ever used it. The adult infinity pool was the best one to sit at and swim in. There are many activities to keep anyone, young and old busy all day. The kids camp is well organized and has fun programs which you are able to go to for the whole day or drop in and out to the activities that your child enjoys. The camp is included for the 4 and up age group, however we had to pay for our 2 year old, which was approximately $500, expensive considering we also paid for her stay for the week! The food was very good and there was always a vast selection that would appeal to anyone. We had a renovated family suite that had a king size bed in one room and two singles in a separate room. There were two bathrooms and a patio with a view of the lake. The room was nice but could have been renovated better, it seemed to have been done cheaply.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this review, February 10, 2011
Dear smsToronto,

We thank you warmly for the time you took to write this review. Were sorry our renovations were not up to your liking, but we try out best to make our resorts presentable. We are glad you did enjoy yourself. That is of course our main goal. We hope you decide to stay with us sometime in the future!

Best regards,

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

We spent seven days at Sandpiper in a renovated “family” (two bedroom) suite. This was the first vacation where all of us were sad to leave and go home.

Room: The room was great. I love the setup. The kids stay far away from the “master bedroom.” The master is also the “family room” but you hardly notice it because of the way the bed is framed. The bathrooms are nice but the shower faucet is odd (and the hot water takes a while… but once it’s there it is hot).

Food: The variety and quality of food was amazing. All of us enjoyed what the buffet had to offer. We didn’t try the menu restaurant (the buffet was too good).

Staff: This was our first time at Club Med and my first all-inclusive resort. The people were great. I won’t name names because there are just too many great individuals working there. They were friendly without being obnoxious. My 6 year old loved all of the mini camp staff.

Activities: Plenty

Pools: Slightly cold but beautiful.

Club Med/Sandpiper spoiled me. I can’t think of anything else (and we’ve done Disney three times) I would want to do in January/February for a week.

Dear Mary_Alberts,

We thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy that you are considering coming to us again and that you can't think of any other place to go. Please come back soon.

Best regards,

Your Club Med Team

Been to Club Med Sandpiper Bay? Share your experiences!