“Great getaway for Miami couple!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Sandpiper Bay

You added Club Med Sandpiper Bay to your Saves list
Club Med Sandpiper Bay
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   4500 S.E Pine Valley Street, Port Saint Lucie, FL 34952   |
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
South Florida, Florida
“Great getaway for Miami couple!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

My husband and I went to the Sandpiper for 4 days over 4th of July weekend. It was a very last minute getaway. Even for a couple with no childre yet, it was a great resort for couples. There is an adult pool that is quiet and relaxing. There is a special adult dining section that we enjoyed eating in. The food was absolutely great! It is buffet meals, and the specialty dining was closed. I would not expect it to be open anytime soon. The staff was amazing, they really do go above and beyond to make your stay spectacular. From sailing, to trapeze, and tennis there is so much to do. The all inclusive drinks are great, have a mojito! We had a clean and nice room with no complaints. Parking is free if you are driving to the resort. We had a great stay and will be back. The resort is closing in August, not due to renovations though. It's due to low season and the struggling economy. Staff members were told while we were there during our stay. So staff memebers were preparing to get sent to other Club Meds or back home if they chose. Note to Floride residents: There is a Florida resident rate for $99 per person per night. Great deal for an all inclusive resort.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

My daughter and I were in need of warmth and sun after about a month of monsoon rain in Maine and it was a quick and easy decision to return to Sandpiper so soon because of my wonderful prior experience . I really felt like I was going back to visit all the friends that I had made during my last visit. We felt so comfortable and cared about when we returned, it was like returning home to family. I could have gone anywhere, but the connections and friendships called to me. My daughter loved the kids club and she felt very welcome and special. Jon Marc,the chief of the village, obviously chooses fantastic people to work at Sandpiper. We received a warm welcome from Jon Marc and all his employees all week. We appreciated all of their kindness and sincere hugs. Literally, everyone is absolutely terrific. The chefs are extremely talented and we enjoyed each and every meal; Nikos, Lus and Marriana greeted us at the restaurant with so much warmth and caring that it really felt like we were home. The bartenders were phenomenal, it was great to see Luke, Mike, Justin, Richie, Todd, Dorey and David. They are so sweet and are always happy to make you a special drink. Moreover, they were so fun to be with- lots of fun!! Lauryn, the manager of the bar, is so smart and capable at 24 years old, I can only imagine what she will become, she is also beautiful inside and out. Luke is also an amazing person, wise beyond his years, with excellent social skills who also will go places!! Thank you to both of them for going out of their way for me and Skyler. Kim, in fitness, also has become a life long friend, we had a ton of fun doing zumba ,crazy signs,pool aerobics and so much more. Kim is a fabulous instructor and dancer, in fact, she teaches the best zumba classes I have ever been to. In addition, Kids club is a very happy place, where my daughter made many friends She really connected with the GOs, Ettienne and Spalding. These guys made her feel so comfortable and wanted that it was easy for me to relax and have fun. They have hearts bigger than themselves and went out of there way to help create a great week for my daughter; she has wonderful memories of both guys and is keeping in tough via email. I can't say enough to truly explain how terrific everyone is. Jack and Mark in the boutique are hysterical and forever friends tool. The life guards Mike, Lauren and Hazel were amazing also and I had a lot of fun dancing with them! Lastly, Reception, Jay and the photographers were all great as well. Thank you.
I had so many heart to heart talks and sooo much fun with the GOs and employees; I sincerely appreciate each and everyone of them and their friendship. Big hugs and kisses to everyone in Sandpiper. We miss you. Skyler is already asking when we can go back- but it hasn't been a month yet!!!! Jill

Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

This 4th of July 2009 5 Moms, 1 niece 22 yrs old and 14 children ages 5-13yrs went to Club Med Sandpiper for the weekend. Words cannot describe what a great time was had by all. John Marc, NICO and all the GO's especially Eric,Richie,Todd,Mia,Hanzel,Chris,Kimberely, Justin, Kyle, and Cirel, Nurse Joan and Trevor made sure everyone enjoyed themselves even with an injury. The 4th of July celebration was above our expectations. The band in the evening from Canada was brilliant with U2 Bono look alike singer. It is all inclusive

• Stayed July 2009
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

I have a 4yr old daughter and twin boys that are 2 1/2. This is the first vacation I have taken in 4 years that I was able to relax and enjoy because my kids were having a great time at the kids club. Thank you Mary Eve and Jessica for your special attention to my children. They were so happy with you and in turn that made me happy. Also, Alyn thank you for always checking with me about the kids and it was so nice that everyone knew us by name!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

Our family consists of two middle-aged parents and three daughters from 8 to 15 years in age, and all 5 of us had a blast. Our week there greatly exceeded our expectations. The food was great if you like to try a little bit of everything - the variety was wonderful and fun, ranging from good home cooking to treats to sample from around the world. The room was fine. Nothing luxurious, but I'm glad they spent the money on good food and sports equipment rather than fancy furniture. The Kids Club GO's took very good care of our kids and gave them a lot of new experiences. Our special thanks to Etienne, Katy and Spaulding for going out of their way for them and us. And Sarah made sure our teenager's week was wonderful as well. Our biggest thrill of all, though, was learning a few tricks on the trapeze. Brent, Meghan, Justin and Arano gave us a week we'll never forget. They were patient with our first day jitters, then kept each of our 5 family members excited and challenged with each new day. They are a special bunch of people. Louis, Manny, Wendall and Melissa, the tennis instructors, also became friends by the end of our too short week there. It was our best vacation ever. The best part of Club Med are the GO's. They are what make it special. They were all cheerful and helpful, and amazingly talented performers in the evening shows.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Bay Area, San Francisco,ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

This place is Awsome! beutiful location, in a romantic Lagune, surrounded by nature. The place offers a very conevenient vacation with kids, inc' a daycare you can use on Ad hoc basis. Pool and bar are great, Golf and sailing lessons are available. The food was really really good, Special Thanks you Nikko the restaurant manager!
It is all inclusive and every day they have a different theme, inc. Pirates, Sports and my favorite - Circus day. Families - go and enjoy! don't expect too fancy rooms... you are not suppose to spend too much time in the rooms!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Palm Beach County, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

My fiancee and I stayed at Sandpiper a few years ago, but I just joined Trip Advisor recently, so this will be a belated review.

We live in S. Florida and wanted a getaway within driving distance. We stayed for a week and enjoyed Sandpiper very much. The room wasn't anything fancy, but it was comfortable and clean. We did pay $300 extra for the river view, but our entire view was blocked by a palm tree. However, Club Med did take care of this for us and gave us a $300 voucher on our next stay. It didn't give us the view we wanted, but at least they responded to our disappointment, unlike Sandals, who will just play dumb if you dare complain about anything.

We loved the water sports, especially the Hobie Cats. My fiancee tried the trapeze and had a ball. The beach is small and it is the river, not ocean, so no waves. No big deal, as we live a few minutes from the ocean anyway. Instead, we spent our time at the smaller pool because it was adults only and was much quieter.

The food at the buffet was very good and I'm a foodie. We found all the items to be very high quality and appreciated that they change many of the items every night and have different themes. Most of the staff was wonderful. We became friends with one of the bartenders and she even took us where she got her nose pierced because my fiancee wanted to get it done. No terribly long waits to get drinks, but there aren't that many bars. That's one area where Sandals definitely wins hands down.

The shows at night were kinda corny. The circus with the children in it was cute even though we don't have kids.

Our only minor issues were:

1. There were a lot of kids running around the restaurant and you have to be careful not to get run over. Actually, lots of kids everywhere, so don't expect a quiet vacation.
2. The sit down restaurant was only open one night out of the entire week we visited. The atmosphere was beautiful but the service was terrible as a table of Club Med regional managers were eating there and they seemed to get all of the staff's attention.
3. As first time Club Med guests, we were expecting more of a romantic atmosphere, but it's really more like an upscale summer camp for adults and kids. The staff tries to get everyone to sing these cheesy French Club Med songs which was cute but weird.

Overall, we would definitely go back again. We know what to expect now and won't go to Sandpiper if we feel like a romantic getaway. But for a good value for an all-inclusive local getaway, we'd choose Sandpiper in a minute. Since our last trip here, we got a wave runner and called Sandpiper to see if we could dock it there when we return. They said yes, so that should be fun. The Indian River and Stuart area is a great place to boat.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple

Been to Club Med Sandpiper Bay? Share your experiences!