My 12 yr old daughter says I should have said Sandpiper is excellent. Actually I can't go 5 stars , since I feel you can't give any place that is buffet based get 5 stars. They do have a 1 "ala carte" restaurant, but it only rotates the same menu every other day, so after 2 days it loses its charm. You must book at 1230pm the same day to get a spot & they are limited.
Wide variety of food options. French influence means good bread. Try the white chocolate bread. Yum!
Head of the resort Kevin is very "hands on", and ran into him many times delivering cold drinks to golfers or walking by at dinner to see all was OK. Nice to see in such a big resort.
Lots of very young kids, but my 12 & 9 yr olds found great councellors [GO's] & a few kids they had a blast with. Circus school was a thrill, not many chances to swing from a "real" trapeze at many other holiday spots. [Disney only allows you to pay to watch it done]. Activities like sailing a Hobie Cat are thrilling in a good wind and included in your daily fee. Archery was one other activity we enjoyed-again Disney doesn't offer that either.
Beach was small, but several pools did take it's place. Just make sure you find the one that is heated, if you are in a Florida cool spell.
Also the boarder guard when crossing back to Canada couldn't believe we had been to a "all inclusive" in the US & thought they couldn't exist in in a country where good food is available at so many restaurants and cheap beer at 7/ 11's. Well Club Med does exists and does quite well in Florida.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Floridian charm in our renovated all-inclusive family resort of Sandpiper, nestled by the Saint Lucie River which provides fun and excitement on the beach or on sailboats. Travel to Club Med Sandpiper Bay with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation amidst a full-amenity resort where families can discover incomparable sports and children's programs. Make the most of your vacation to discover tennis, golf and fitness with our top coaches in the Club Med Academies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Club Med so you can book your Club Med Sandpiper Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Med Sandpiper Club
- Club Med Sandpiper Florida
- Club Med Port Saint Lucie
- Sandpiper Club Med
- Club Med Port St Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Club Med
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Florida/Port Saint Lucie