The rooms were large, but the cleaning left something to be desired. They give you a welcome drink upon arrival. My partially full cup sat on the dresser for the entire time we were there (5 days)...the cherry had bled into the drink, making it pink instead of lime colored! In addition, housekeeping did not leave washcloths for several of the days. We asked if they had any, and the housekeeper said "No."
The facility was large, but run-down. And watch out for the shower. It's VERY tricky. You have to figure out a complex series of maneuvers to make it work. Turn on the water, and flip this switch- but not all the way, or there is no water pressure. Now the water comes out of the hand-held shower head. To get it out of the main shower head, you have to turn another knob, and adjust the pressure up at the nozzle. Good luck!
The food was medium. There were some very good selections each night, but you had to look for them...most of the food was cold and overcooked. The bread, however, was excellent. "Gala night" had spectacular decorations- watermelon carvings and bouquets made of veggies... Only one restaurant, and they serve the same food as the buffet, only fewer selections. Plus, you have to make reservations at 12:30 everyday, and there is a long line.
They have a nice selection of fitness classes available everyday for adults. Yoga, water aerobics, bosu, to name a few, as well as free lessons in trapeze, trampoline, archery and golf. Very fun.
We did not see the children's productions, but the adult evening shows are lame. But as there is little to do right after dinner, you might as well go...
The staff was friendly, particularly the bartenders at the Sandbar. We camped out there every night and let them entertain us. There is this Club Med dance thing where some of the staff perform simple made-up dances to world music. You should join in at least once.
We didn't have any kids, but this is obviously the place to go if you have any. Lots of activities for the little ones all day.
All in all, it's great to be anywhere it's not snowing, but I would probably go somewhere else next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Floridian charm in our renovated all-inclusive family resort of Sandpiper, nestled by the Saint Lucie River which provides fun and excitement on the beach or on sailboats. Travel to Club Med Sandpiper Bay with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation amidst a full-amenity resort where families can discover incomparable sports and children's programs. Make the most of your vacation to discover tennis, golf and fitness with our top coaches in the Club Med Academies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Club Med so you can book your Club Med Sandpiper Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Med Sandpiper Club
- Club Med Sandpiper Florida
- Club Med Port Saint Lucie
- Sandpiper Club Med
- Club Med Port St Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Club Med
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Florida/Port Saint Lucie