“paradis des sports terrestres” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Sandpiper Bay

You added Club Med Sandpiper Bay to your Saves list
Club Med Sandpiper Bay
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   4500 S.E Pine Valley Street, Port Saint Lucie, FL 34952   |
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
montreal
“paradis des sports terrestres”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Spent july 13 to 18th 2014 with my 2 young kids 4 and 6yo. Sports were excellents. Gino is a great guy at tennis was excellent teaching adults. Blake you were my favorite of all time for your implication with my kids(remember Laurie!). You are amazing I wish you all the best. Elsa at volleyball was fantastic:energetic, friendly and so funny. Had great time with her. Ezzy at the water sport was so nice and very helpful. I had great time playing volleyball with you too. You do an amazing job! All the staff at the miniclub was extraordinary with our kids. Congratulation and thanks to all!
The resort is beautifull, everything very clean, the pools are perfect.
The food was very good quality but the preparation mainly seasonning was often poor. I rate it very average especially comparing to club med cancun or Ixtapa recently visited in the last year.
The little beach is nice but the water not inviting at all for his dark brown color. You do not want to swim there much. Not many activities at the beach(only catamaran and paddle boards). I had expected kayaks. Water skiing-wakeboarding would have been very appreciated since not too many things available and not a site for windsurfing.
Overall we enjoyed our vacation very much and recommand it to golf, tennis, volleyball, swimming lovers.
Yves

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My family just returned from Club Med Sandpiper Bay where we celebrated my parents 50th anniversary. This was our third time there and my parents first. Overall we had a wonderful time and the resort met all of our needs. The staff is so nice and accommodating and truly want everyone to have a great time.

Pros: Staff, activities for kids including the trapeze, cleanliness and service. If you have young kids, there is no better place to vacation! Great adult Infinity pool, spa and outdoor activities

Cons: The food became monotonous after a couple of days and there is only one restaurant on site. The AC in the dining areas was not working very well and the amount of flies in the outside dining areas was bothersome. Nightly entertainment, specifically the band on the outdoor patio could be diversified more during the week. It was the same band each night.

Overall I would highly recommend this as a family destination but think it's better served for 3-5 nights as opposed to an entire week when the repetitiveness takes over.

Special shout out to Justine (I think that's her name) at the infinity pool, Helen at Slice and Nikos at the dining hall. They were awesome!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Whitehouse Station, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Our family, a group of 6 including children ages 7 and 11, spent 5 nights at this resort. It was a great family vacation and we will definitely be returning next year. After a rough check in, I would like to thank Asst. Mgr. Joseph Stamps for fixing my issues, the rest of the trip was perfect. The food was amazing and the wait staff was friendly and accommodating. Mitchell, Derrid and Junior were stand outs in this area. The Slice bar area was really fun with entertainment, mock pina coladas for the kids and creative adult drinks. The standout bartender was Corrie. The kids camps were awesome too. They allowed for lots of activities or as little as you wanted. All the counselors were wonderful. There was plenty of family time and the ability to have alone time too. The deluxe family suites were perfect with two rooms, two bathrooms and two tv's. You really won't spend to much time in the room but it was great to wind down between meals. Overall this was the most relaxing vacation one could ask for.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is an amazing resort if you make it one. You have to get off your butt and take advantage of the activities. We went for five days two adults and two kids 13 and 15. They had a good time starting on the second day when they got the hang of things. Okay so here's some hints to make your stay better.

Stay in the B building. Close to everything and quiet, bay view.

Plan your days! All activities are timed. Ask a GO where everything is and when it starts.

If you have kids take them to Latitude 27 on the first day 10:00 a.m. so they can get into to the groove of things.

You can take food from the buffet restaurant to your room.

Okay so Pros and Cons...

Pros,
Lots of activities, unlimited sailing, paddle boarding, golfing, tennis, soccer, basketball, swimming, exercise, yoga, circus school, trapeze training, art school, dance classes.

Truly all inclusive. no paying for anything and no tipping.
The Go's Are amazing (The workers). They work all day and night and are so nice and really care if the kids have a good time. In one day I seen them have a pirate balloon fight and a jamboree and a dj party at the beach and all day games in the pool, slip and slide in the garden.

The nightly entertainment is frackin amazing! A new show every night in the theater. Circus and dancing and interactive entertainment. I was shocked how much effort was put into the shows. Especially the decorations!
Food great! Ever day something new. Lots of fish, burgers, steak, pasta, duck, asian, breads, and lots of deserts. Salads too.

Cons.
This is a do it yourself resort. There's no-one to get drinks or food for you at the pool.
There's no room service which kinda shocked me for a 4 star vacation.
It did seem pretty overpriced. I payed $4000,00 for 5 days.

The place is kinda dirty. The restaurant had food stains on the curtains! Very noticeable. The furniture is kinda moldy outside.
The river smells bad and so does the outside restaurant, actually it smelled a lot like vomit.

There are kids everywhere! This a family resort. There is constantly kids screaming all the time in every corner of the resort. The bar is full of kids from open to close.

Room Tip: Building B Room 224 and 226. Amazing! Bay view!
Plantation, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We spent 5 days at Club Med Sandpiper Bay in July and had a wonderful time. Our children, ages 9 and 5 asked when we could go back again before we had even left the property on the last day. You can be as active or non-active as you want and they really do have something for everyone. The Kids Club is great and it's where my children wanted to be, so my husband and I actually got our own little vacation mixed into our family vacation.

The Kids Club is top-notch and the GO's there are terrific. My older daughter was in the 8-10 group (Gators) and she loved Court and Bree, both of whom were excellent with the kids. My younger daughter was in the 4-5 group (Gecos) and Alix and Heather were great. They keep the kids busy with activities including trapeze (the biggest hit!), circus school, pool time, sailing (4-5's don't sail), yoga, art activities and much more. The kids have the option of going back to the Kids Club to have dinner, which my 9 year-old eagerly wanted to do and then can participate in the kids nightly activity. Let me also give a shout out to James, who is second in charge at the Kids Club - what great energy and excellent interaction with the kids. My older daughter loved when she and her friends got to be his assistants for the day. James, we hope to run into you on Las Olas some time!

We spent a great deal of time at the water activities and would like to give recognition to Izzie, Paige and Don, all of whom were super friendly and helpful. Even though my husband and I didn't go on the trapeze, our kids did daily and Chelsea, Kelsey and Russell were all so wonderful with them. I took Maru's pilates class, which was lovely, and Tru's cardio class kicked my butt! His aqua aerobics class was so much fun! Tennis was good too, there are tons of courts.

There was tons of food choices at the buffet daily, at times it was overwhelming. They have all the kids favorites but then plenty of fish, veggies, salads, pasta, etc. to choose from too. The desserts were good too. I wouldn't say it was gourmet food necessarily but it was good and lots to select from.

If you are looking for 5-star room accommodations, then this isn't the place for you. The rooms are older and definitely need some updating. We stayed in the family rooms in Building A facing the water, which was perfect for us. The kids have their own alcove area with bunk beds and a thick curtain. There was tons of closet space and the room was plenty big. Even though the rooms are on the older side, you are not spending much time in your room other than changing and sleeping. It fit our purposes and I am not going to solely judge them on the rooms.

Overall, this was a great family vacation and we plan on going back again!

Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have been taking my kids to club med for the past 20+ years....never was tempted by sandpiper because it was not on the ocean! decided to give it a try because I was "in the area" both on labor day and this past march....there are wonderful qualities to the resort, and that one drawback of the lacking ocean!

in September, the river was closed so all the activities on the water were not available..boo. however, the pools were great the food incredible, the shows interesting and the staff, like all club meds, hard working and amazing!

it is not a big deal to drive to the beach (15 minutes away) and enjoy the ocean, but I was flying solo and it may not be as easy with kids etc. I have been to many club meds, and sandpiper bay has its charms, but I will always crave that beach!

what I do get at all club meds is the warmth and talent and skills of some very hard working g.o.'s (staff) that will make your stay an unforgettable one!!

Room Tip: if you can get one to overlook the marina that is beautiful
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This place has it all. My 3rd annual visit. Sometimes I bring my family & sometimes my friends. Always a ball! Staff are friendly and there are so many great activities. The adult infinity pool is a favorite of mine and Justine Westmoreland who worked the bar at the pool always has a smile on her face and seems to love her job. She makes great drinks too!! At Slice Bar we had another great bartender Mike Teeters who handled the mix of kids & adult crowd well. We never waited for drinks there and he was always friendly. Bella Phini in the kitchen was another standout. She is so kind and always welcomed us to the dining hall. She loves her job too!! We will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Club Med Sandpiper Bay? Share your experiences!