“Good trip but Club Med needs to reevaluate the term all-inclusive and UPGRADE rooms!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Sandpiper Bay

and 1 more site!
You added Club Med Sandpiper Bay to your Saves list
Club Med Sandpiper Bay
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   4500 S.E Pine Valley Street, Port Saint Lucie, FL 34952   |
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My family and I just returned from our vacation in Florida at Sandpiper Bay. We hoped the weather was better, but overall we had a great time.
The best part of our trip was the friendliness of all your GO Staff and the food! Your staff was amazing! We would especially like you to pass on Kudos to the Activity GO’s Lance, Andre`, and Chris…they were outstanding! Our housekeeper Candi was wonderful and even our transporters Oliver and Vito who were contractors we ever so gracious! The food was plentifully and delicious and I will crave the “white chocolate Bread” for weeks!

The reception area was understaffed and was not as friendly and very slow.
We stayed in E 188-190 the rooms are very dated and need to be upgraded! The tile grout had so much mold and mildew that a simple treatment of “Tilex” would have made a huge difference. Beds are too soft and springy. There were no dresser drawers and although there was a refrigerator there was no microwave. For the money we spent Wi-Fi should have been included. We were disappointed that the resort did not offer a free shuttle to Jenson Beach which was only 15-20 minutes away. We were told it would cost $ 80.00 roundtrip.

The all you can eat is kind of misleading because you are lock into eating when the main dining hall is open. Breakfast 7-10am, lunch 12-2pm & dinner 6-9pm. Since there are no microwaves in the rooms and no room service we were locked into eating during those times. All inclusive and All-you-can-eat means 24 hours a day, not when the dining hall/Marketplace is open. The snack restaurant Soleil was food was horrible! The bar Slice was OK, but there was only the one. It had a horrible damp mildew smell so we ordered our drinks and had to sit outside and/or walk back to the pool. Not sure why there were no bars set up at the pools or a server at the pools taking drink orders. All the pools should be heated !!!

Over all we had a great time, but I think Club Med needs to reevaluate the term all inclusive, put GO’s are the pools and UPGRADE the rooms and bar.

4 Thank JRKdc

Princeton, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My family gathered in Fla for the Thanksgiving holiday from all over the US. We booked in April, selected a Family Deluxe room for me and my husband and kids, my brother and his wife and child also selected a Family Deluxe room, then three others each selected Deluxe rooms. One of the family members who selected a Deluxe room cancelled her reservation in August. Well, when we arrived it turned out that Club Med cancelled our Family Deluxe room (with a separate bedroom for the kids) instead of her "regular" Deluxe room. Their error entirely (the management even went back and listened to the recorded conversation of the cancellation, which proved that it was not our error). The "best they could do" was give us a Family Deluxe room for three days, then move us into a regular Deluxe room for the rest of the stay. Sucky, very sucky, but fine - they didn't want to upset another (incoming, not yet arrived) guest by giving us "their" room, but they said they'd be on the look out for cancellations, and, if there were any, we'd be first in line. Aside the fact that I was really angry that we didn't matter - I mean, we were there in the hotel, spending our money and time and I felt that they should have taken care of us over someone who hadn't even arrived yet, I "get" why they wouldn't - why upset two families and not just keep ours pissed off, right? Fine, I guess. Not really, but okay. However, my kids were in the Kids Club with other guests (obviously) and one of those guests just so happened to be moved into our old, Family Deluxe room. I mentioned that we were in that room and were bummed we had to move to a smaller room when she told me that they were also moved but they wanted a smaller room. It turned out that she was going to have to stay offsite at a Holiday Inn for the remainder of her trip due to the hotel being booked solid (she was playing tennis) but they had a...wait for it... cancellation and they gave her our room. And they made her pay $700+ to move into it. When she asked for a smaller room, albeit one with bunk beds, which ours didn't have (it had two twins but not bunks). I feel like this was a huge slap in the face and a bold-faced lie to us by the management. They moved a family into a bigger room, made them pay more when they wanted smaller, and they moved us into a smaller room and we wanted bigger. What kind of sense does that make?!? They also put one of our relatives in a building on the opposite side of the resort (when we made the reservations we requested that we all remain in the same general area... and there were at least 3 closer buildings to ours in which they could have mis-placed them). Terrible terrible reception management and problem solving. This is the sole reason we won't ever return and I will never recommend any of my friends go here with or without their families.

Otherwise, their food is so-so, nothing to write home about, certainly boring by the end of day 5. The extras were pricey - for example family fishing for 6 was about $500 for 2 hours - but fun. The spa was standard pricing and they did a good job (I got a facial, mani and pedi and had Nicky, I think). The Kids Club was great for my 5 year old and good for my 3 year old. The Zumba instructor wasn't strict to the choreography but it was a decent work out. Some of the shows were "all ages" but I don't think very appropriate for young kids - the Circus, for example, had a big scary "God" with a huge whip and slaves who did acrobatics under duress...not kid friendly story-line and really, REALLY loud. Staff were friendly overall.

3 Thank ahhohf
ClubMedUK_official, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
First and foremost I would like to thank you for your time spent putting your comments on Trip Advisor as it is only with constructive criticisms that we can improve the standards and quality of service offered by Club Med.

I was sorry to hear of your disappointment with regards to certain aspects of your holiday at Club Med Sandpiper Bay this November.

I was concerned to read that the wrong room had been cancelled on your booking which unfortunately led to you having to change rooms half way through the week. Please rest assured that we have investigated this matter to ensure that this mistake cannot be made in the future. On behalf of Club Med please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and upset this must have caused on this occasion.

I regrettably noted that this then led to you being given a smaller room when requesting a larger room and that another guest was given a larger room when wanting a smaller room, which you then found out to have been the room which you had originally booked. Please accept our sincerest apologies for this mix up and any confusion and upset that this may have caused to you. I have ensured that our reservations department has been made aware of this issue and that the room manager at the resort is also aware of the gravity of this situation.

I was sorry to read that you and your family were not all placed together when this is what you requested. Unfortunately, whilst our staff do their utmost to ensure that most requests are fulfilled, it is not always guaranteed that requests such as room locations can be met, especially when the resort is running at full capacity, which it was during your stay. Nevertheless, please accept our apologies for it not being met.

On the behalf of Cub Med, please accept my sincerest apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you on this occasion.

Please do not hesitate to get into contact with us via our Customer Relations Office (UK) using our e-mail address customer.uk@clubmed.com if you require any further assistance or would like to make an official complaint with us.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times,

Club Med Customer Relations UK
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

On first blush, the rooms were not as fancy as I expected, which gets you off to a slow start. But if you have kids under the age of 13, this place is IDEAL. The food was far better than expected, fresh, tasty, and always available - far better than what's given to you on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Beer, wine and drinks were always available and plentiful. The staff was young, caring, courteous and fun. The shows, while nothing fancy, were great fun and different every night. The kid camps were great and the counselors were outstanding. Golf course was OK, tennis outstanding. Hobie Cats and paddle boards everywhere. Great time.

1 Thank Andrew M
Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Just got back from Club Med Sandpiper with my whole family of 15. Our family ranges in ages from 2 to 70 and there was plenty for all of us to do. The resort does a great job of keeping the kids occupied with hourly events ranging from flag football to tie dye shirt making. We weren't sure if the river was going to be open but were pleasantly surprised to find it open and all the activities associated with it in full swing including the paddle boards and sailboats. The waterfront director James was typically there with a smile and some encouragement for the kids to learn something new.

My daughter who is usually not one to try new things actually climbed up to the trapeze platform learned to do a trick and got a small medal for completing an advanced trick. She also tackled the paddle board after some coaxing . My young nephews (2-6 years old) were also kept very busy taking part in the various kids events.

The facilities are a bit dated and could certainly use some renovations including the main bar called Slice. The couches and seating are pretty beat up and some would not make the cut at my old fraternity house but the staff more than makes up for this shortcoming. Specifically, Cyndi, one of the supervisors at the restaurant was very helpful putting together some lunches for us to take offsite. Jeff E. one of the lifeguard GO's who seemed to be everywhere was great with the kids by the pool and even ended up helping out with a late night poker tournament. Brian and the staff at the trapeze did an amazing job with my daughter who can always use the ego boost and even got my butt on the trapeze.

The food is really outstanding and if you can't find something you like to eat than you didn't spend enough time looking around. Whether you are a vegetarian, pescatarian or other they have something for everyone.

Some of the less desirable aspects included checking in where there was only one guy with a golf cart to help all of us get all sorted out with our luggage. The shows are geared toward kids but don't start before 8:30 which was too late for the little ones. A couple of the shows featuring some of the GO's were a bit strange but offered something different to the trip. Most of the shows involved extensive dancing but would have been nice to get some variety (comedian, variety show, magician) If you plan on leaving Club Med for any reason expect to pay a fortune in cab fare. We took a trip to Stuart to go deep sea fishing and the 20 minute trip there and back cost $85. A rental car would have cost a lot less. In addition, the closest airport is nearly 1 hour away which eat into quite a bit of our vacation because we had to leave 3 hours before our flight in order to make it to the airport on time.

Overall it was a great trip and the staff could not have been better. I have no idea how they are able to work 6 days a week for 16 hours a day but they really seem to enjoy their work and it shows. If you are a golfer or an avid tennis player you will like it even more.

Room Tip: We stayed in the F building closest to the marina which is the farthest from the action but everythi...
1 Thank Max-Mike R
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Just came back from a wonderful Thanksgiving week-All water sports were available and
the rooms ,food and staff exceeded our expectations.
Jeff (life guard ,James from waterfront ,Andrade from sports, Chris from waterfront and
Niccos from the restaurant ALL were excellent and made us feel welcomed from
the first day to the last.
This is a great family oriented facility and a very good value for the price.

Al, Myrna and family

Room Tip: Buildings E and F closest to children's activities and easy access to restaurant.
2 Thank Alan R
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Reading many reviews of this place, we had some concerns. The vacation exceeded out expectations.

Rooms are large (we were in building C with a bay view) great view (costs a bit more) the rooms are clean but the decor very basic. In Club Med you only sleep in the rooms so no worries there.

Food and Alcohol was great. High Quality buffet, different food for lunch and dinner every day. There is also a coffee shop style restaurant if you want a sandwich between meals.

The GO's (staff) were great from the checkin through the entire vacation

The bar was very nice and we unwound there every night (some joined the party but you can also sit outside)

Premium Alcohol is not expensive.

The highlights are the activities. All day sport programs. Great Tennis my wife and friends did, the beach and water sports were open - we had days with 21 mph winds such were great for sailing. I spent hours a day with my 16 year old son sailing the hobbie cats (no experience needed) plenty of stand up paddle boarding

Gym, Yoga, Pilates ... All great

The circus trapeze was great. Our kids (18 and 16 and 12) loved it

Adult pool and Jaccuzi with drinks was also a highlight

I have it 4 stars only because the rooms are a bit basic and all the food is buffet (gets a little boring)

If u come with an open mind, not expecting a ritz and ready for sports and fun with no hassle, great place

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Yaron1000
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

- very relaxing and laid back
- so many activities (golf, tennis, and fitness classes plus trapeze)
- lots of great food and drink options
- family rooms are very functional
- friendly, accommodating staff
- great for kids, especially under 10
- golf and tennis academies for serious junior players
- beautiful grounds/pool areas

- lake had sewage smell (would not swim in it)
- slice bar smelled like a frat house "the day after"
- always understaffed at Soleil restaurant - so if you miss the buffet times, getting food is a challenge (but food at buffet is better, so better to time things to eat there)
- our AC unit sounded like a freight train

Overall, a nice place to unwind - highly recommended for a family vacation if your family is into tennis or golf.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MD_Girl_in_TX
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Saint Lucie
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
4.5 of 5 stars 351 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village / Port St. Lucie
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village...
#2 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
4.5 of 5 stars 413 reviews
Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside / Jensen Beach
Courtyard Hutchinson Island Ocea...
#2 of 2 in Hutchinson Island
4.0 of 5 stars 403 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#7 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
4.0 of 5 stars 121 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Port St. Lucie, West
Hampton Inn & Suites Port St. Lu...
#4 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
4.5 of 5 stars 228 reviews
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
#3 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
4.5 of 5 stars 225 reviews

Been to Club Med Sandpiper Bay? Share your experiences!