“Reception (at arrival and departure) is the weak link” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Sandpiper Bay

Save Saved
You added Club Med Sandpiper Bay to your Saves list
Club Med Sandpiper Bay
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   4500 S.E Pine Valley Street, Port Saint Lucie, FL 34952   |
Ranked #6 of 11 hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Boston, Massachusetts
“Reception (at arrival and departure) is the weak link”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had been to this Club Med in June and were so pleased with the activities and especially with the kids' club that we returned last week. Again, the kids club was great- they keep the kids active, not warehoused and playing video games like some resorts. My son was shy for the first 30 seconds until another boy approached and spoke to him and then he make at least 4 new "best friends" during the week. the GO's are caring and creative. My son especially loved Eric and Sid, but he is biased towards males at his age (6).
My husband and I took the group tennis lessons which were very good. The beginner instructor sometimes went off on tangents about his life, and I (and others in the group) would have preferred more instruction or practice time, but he was clearly very skilled. My husband took individual lessons with Laurent and found it very valuable. One lesson with Gino was also a great way to reinforce the basics I needed.
The entertainment staff and athletics people were also great - especially Andre who did Aqua Gym, Regina who did the afternoon yoga and Jake and the others who did the pool sports. I haven't ever played Water Polo before but they made everyone feel welcome. I had hoped to try paddle boarding but swimming and water sports were not permitted due to some kind of pollution being washed downstream by heavy rains -I don't think I want to know what it was- but there was lots else to do.

The rooms are basic but have everything needed and the food is great. The international buffet always had good options and even my fussy child found new things to eat. The biggest problem was not eating the white chocolate bread at every meal.

On both trips we have been disappointed with reception. Both times our room was not ready, which was fine, since it is not guaranteed until 3. But _both times_ they neglected to let us know when it was ready - this time we finally checked at 3:50 and were told it had been ready. A detail perhaps, but when one is tired and wants to change and unpack, it gets things started on the wrong foot.
Both times when trying to check in and print boarding passes before leaving the process was excruciating and, this time, unsuccessful. I think the computers are too old and slow, or have too many security settings (queries about whether or not to continue to a website popped up every 2nd or 3rd screen) and the boarding passes couldn't be printed this time. Last time a front desk person was kind and tried to be helpful - and was when the access code to even get on the computer didn't work the first 3 times - this time I mostly felt brushed off and finally gave up. Again, maybe a detail, but isn't hospitality about the details? I left the office stressed and worried, with my week's relaxation crumbling away before I even left the resort. It's a shame since the other activities and staff are great. We may go back but I do admit that these small irritants make me reconsider rather than making it a foregone conclusion.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

2,153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

What a neat place, everything in one place. Food was good, people were nice, nice sleeping area, fun time at night with the shows and entertainment. Night time fun and drinks. Once we got the hang of it we did not want to leave. Will be back soon

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
new haven, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

A good little place for a quick getaway, it is not at all a high end resort. But it has a great staff and comfortable rooms. The food mostly is only buffet, but for a sit down area were you can get sandwiches. We have been to many different all inclusive resorts this would have to compare to maybe an Iberostar or Palace type resort. They Have a Great Gym and Great pools. This would be a great place for young familys and anybody looking to just chill out. We don't know about any water sports because when we got there we found out it was all shut down because the river was contaminated, the one thing my wife and really enjoy doing.

Room Tip: for adults building D would be the one it where the adult pool is.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
The Colony, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

What a great bunch of people!! Very helpful, very accommodating!! We did our annual company training at the resort. When I began coordinating travel (the location had been selected prior to my taking over) I thought this would not have been a place that I would have picked for my group...BOY WAS I WRONG!!!! It was nearly PERFECT!!!
The staff participated and mingled with our group. They fit right in with us!!
The rooms were good (even though I spent very little time in there). The food was delicious, a nice variety! From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, everyone was great!
The Shows were FANTASTIC!!! These folks work so hard to entertain the guests and it shows!
David - the Village Manager has the BEST attitude EVER!! If I could name everyone I would, but for now a shout out to a few of MY FAVES... Irais (she was so helpful while I planned and coordinated the trip), Saf (made sure our private room was ready for all meals that I scheduled), Jake & Arty (not only came to help us with our volleyball tournament, but actually played!!) Jake was on my team, we WON!! Sorry, Arty! LOL. Aqua Gym with Andre was HILARIOUS (mostly because we don't like following directions)! WATER POLO!!! OMG!!! That was the best game of water polo EVER!! We had an epic battle that included my group and plenty of staff! Lola and (I can't remember but I want to say) Kristie were out there taking major hits from my guys launching the ball!! Good times! And oh dear... the flying trapeze!! THANK YOU SO MUCH to CHRIS & BEN for being patient and so helpful (not to mention beautiful LOL)!! The Slice bar...wow...DJ Shellshock did a great job!!! My girl Peggy (THE bartender) was great!! Shout out to Angie and Shane also, thanks for keeping our cups full! Marjon, Jeremy, Hunter (such a sweetie!), & Mark thanks for your awesome customer service!
You ALL keep up the great work!! I'll definitely be back!!!
If I had a complaint it would be that there is no place for adults to go after Slice closes at 1, because they want to keep the noise down in the rooms.
Thanks Again!
Annie ;-)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sunrise, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is a great place for large groups, all inclusive. Great buffets and drinks. Entertainment for all. Great rooms and very friendly staff. Very casual and four different pools to choose from. Try the trapeze.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
New Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We went for the first time for 7 days in September. I have never stayed were the staff were absolutely amazing...friendly, informative, and worked so hard to make our vacation awesome. We watched the trapeze school 2 days in a row and the staff came up to us at dinner time and said you are going to try it tomorrow...they talked my husband I into it and we had a blast. The golf lessons that were included with our stay were excellent. There were plenty of activities and the other guests were friendly and so much fun. We did not have our children with us and even though it is advertised as a family resort...they had separate dining area for adults only..so if you wanted to be with only adults and not families there were plenty of options. We would definitely go back....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Omaha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We just came back from our trip there and had a nice and relaxing time. Some of the facilities need updating and sprucing up but the staff overall are phenomenal and made our trip great. Had some issues with shuttle scheduling after some of the water activities were canceled due to the low water levels - need to have more flexibility on the timing as we had to get a shuttle on our own to go to the beach. However, overall excellent resort and great alternative to not deal with the lines in Orlando for all the typical parks and such.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Sandpiper Bay? Share your experiences!