We had been to this Club Med in June and were so pleased with the activities and especially with the kids' club that we returned last week. Again, the kids club was great- they keep the kids active, not warehoused and playing video games like some resorts. My son was shy for the first 30 seconds until another boy approached and spoke to him and then he make at least 4 new "best friends" during the week. the GO's are caring and creative. My son especially loved Eric and Sid, but he is biased towards males at his age (6).
My husband and I took the group tennis lessons which were very good. The beginner instructor sometimes went off on tangents about his life, and I (and others in the group) would have preferred more instruction or practice time, but he was clearly very skilled. My husband took individual lessons with Laurent and found it very valuable. One lesson with Gino was also a great way to reinforce the basics I needed.
The entertainment staff and athletics people were also great - especially Andre who did Aqua Gym, Regina who did the afternoon yoga and Jake and the others who did the pool sports. I haven't ever played Water Polo before but they made everyone feel welcome. I had hoped to try paddle boarding but swimming and water sports were not permitted due to some kind of pollution being washed downstream by heavy rains -I don't think I want to know what it was- but there was lots else to do.
The rooms are basic but have everything needed and the food is great. The international buffet always had good options and even my fussy child found new things to eat. The biggest problem was not eating the white chocolate bread at every meal.
On both trips we have been disappointed with reception. Both times our room was not ready, which was fine, since it is not guaranteed until 3. But _both times_ they neglected to let us know when it was ready - this time we finally checked at 3:50 and were told it had been ready. A detail perhaps, but when one is tired and wants to change and unpack, it gets things started on the wrong foot.
Both times when trying to check in and print boarding passes before leaving the process was excruciating and, this time, unsuccessful. I think the computers are too old and slow, or have too many security settings (queries about whether or not to continue to a website popped up every 2nd or 3rd screen) and the boarding passes couldn't be printed this time. Last time a front desk person was kind and tried to be helpful - and was when the access code to even get on the computer didn't work the first 3 times - this time I mostly felt brushed off and finally gave up. Again, maybe a detail, but isn't hospitality about the details? I left the office stressed and worried, with my week's relaxation crumbling away before I even left the resort. It's a shame since the other activities and staff are great. We may go back but I do admit that these small irritants make me reconsider rather than making it a foregone conclusion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Floridian charm in our renovated all-inclusive family resort of Sandpiper, nestled by the Saint Lucie River which provides fun and excitement on the beach or on sailboats. Travel to Club Med Sandpiper Bay with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation amidst a full-amenity resort where families can discover incomparable sports and children's programs. Make the most of your vacation to discover tennis, golf and fitness with our top coaches in the Club Med Academies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Sandpiper Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Med Sandpiper Club
- Club Med Sandpiper Florida
- Club Med Port Saint Lucie
- Sandpiper Club Med
- Club Med Port St Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Club Med
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Florida/Port Saint Lucie