“Best vacation ever when you have kids” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Sandpiper Bay

You added Club Med Sandpiper Bay to your Saves list
Club Med Sandpiper Bay
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   4500 S.E Pine Valley Street, Port Saint Lucie, FL 34952   |
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Best vacation ever when you have kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We Just came back yesterday from our 4 night stay in club med. It was a Well deserve vacation as we have 5 month old triplets!

If you are familiar with club med you might be a but disappointed but for us (i have been in Many Many Many différent club med all around the world and never disappointed) it was definately the best vacation ever! I wish we could have stayed There.

You have entertainement 24/7 pretty much. Food is delicious! Considering that it's buffet it's even better. You must must have their white chocolate bread!
Only thing is I find the time the restaurant closes (9pm) too early and the show (8:30pm) too early as well. With our daughters schedule we either missed dinner or the show... 30min later for each would have been perfect!
Rooms were big :) clean.

Baby club med is amazing! And so is the staff!!! Big shout out to May, Cassie, Piri, Alicia, Bebe, Jesse.... You must do pajama night as well!

They provide strollers for each child (they don't have doubles though so for us it was pointless but nice to have for someone else), bathtub for babies, and changing station! They have milk and food for older babies.

They have a quiet adult pool but it was too quiet for us :) we ended up at the main pool which was much more enjoyable. The adult pool average age of guests were 60s ;-) main pool was where all the fun was!

Can't wait to go back. I've been looking online all day already for best deals to go back.

Oh and we couldn't do any water activities so I would wait a little until the water is cleared before booking so you can enjoy 100% of what they have to offer.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
Woodstock, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our travel agency took a group to Club Med this past week (9/13 - 9/21, 2013). So my first half of my week was with family. My son's family absolutely loved it! Their 5 year old has a blast at the children's program and would just wave to us if she saw us while participating in all the activities. My older granddaughter fell in love with the circus/trapeze training, and even got to participate in the evening show. She is still talking about how much she loved it! There is a show every night, and tons of activities/entertainment everyday. The second half of the week, we met up with adults only and enjoyed the Adult Pool/bar (very relaxing!) Food was always good with a huge variety offered. Pools were great, and rooms very spacious & clean. Definitely planning another group trip, hopefully with lots more attending!

Room Tip: The best rooms are in B, C & D. The D complex is right by the adult pool, very convenient when y...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Cooper City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We absolutely loved our family vacation to Sandpiper Bay Club Med. It was actually the first family vacation we could consider a vacation for our entire family. We have two young boys age 2 and 4. The boys had a great time and so did we. My husband and I got to enjoy a few quiet adult hours and the boys were safe and happy doing activities at the kids club. I enjoyed free tennis lessons in the morning, we swam at the pool and drank cocktails served by a friendly bartender- Peggy. Dillon was absolutely amazing with our kids. May, Maddy, Bernard, thanks so much to you all. Our son was in one of the shows at night and he insisted he needed to be spiderman in spite of the fact that the show was about the jungle. They allowed him to be himself (Spiderman), even in a sea of lions. Thanks to you for that. Thanks to Jaime and Mitch as well for helping us. I mean- wow even the lady that cleaned our room was sweet- Paula (and she helped me learn some Spanish too as a bonus). We met David the Chief at the pool, when I was stressing about wondering how my 2 year old was doing in the child camp care and he just happened to walk by at that point, heard me, and offered to call and find out. he took the time out of his schedule to do this, but not only that we saw him later walking by at dinner and he not only remembered our names, but my child's name as well. Charlotte at the front desk was great too and helped us book a late check out (we didn't want to leave it was so amazing....). I cannot remember the names of the Staff that ran the Trapeze but they were great as well with our children. also, I got a great massage there too. After this trip, we vowed to only go to Club Med's in the future. We have a gazillion marriott points, but honestly, what's the point of a free hotel without amazing amenities, included food and drinks, fantastic friendly fun staff and amazing child care? All I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you! We plan to return to Sandpiper Bay at least annually! See you all soon!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
toronto,ont.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Our extended family which includes grandparents, parents and children have been spending two weeks during the March school break at this facility for a number of years. It has great children's programs giving parents relaxing days to sit around one of the pools or participate in many of the organized activities. Rooms have always been clean, staff very friendly and food enjoyable. The only complaint is the poor Internet connections and the charges for using this service which is usually provided for free in hotels.

Room Tip: Standard club rooms are large and adequate.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My partner and I travelled with our combined brood of 3 kids, ages 9, 10, and 13. They all had a great time. For us, it was a bit mind numbing after a while. This is a FAMILY resort. I saw a few couples and felt sorry for them with all the screaming kids and organized daily activities and microphone yelling. Although there is an adults only pool, you can't even have a quiet cocktail at the main bar because they bring the kids camps there too. The resort was pretty nice. The GOs are AMAZING and make the place. They are full of energy morning, noon and night, are genuinely friendly and make you feel very welcome. We enjoyed the trapeze, the daily pool volleyball and water polo games and the adults did the fitness center daily. The rooms were pretty roomy with big closet areas. They were a bit dated and could have been a little cleaner. The food is pretty good for a buffet but after day 5 we were all getting a little tired of it. The resort could definitely use another option and especially an adults only sit down restaurant for a little respite from the same exact soundtrack by the pool every single day. The beach was closed due to river pollution so we missed out on that. We also didn't get the refillable water bottles mentioned on the website. They did away with that a while back and haven't updated the site. The pool area needs better management. Chairs are all taken early and even when people leave, they don't bother taking their towels to indicate the chairs are available. In other resorts I've been to, the staff routinely clears out chairs with no one and no personal belongings on them. This seemed very lax to me and was very frustrating on the first day until we learned to play the game as well. Overall this was a pretty successful vacation with the 3 kids, but there is NO WAY on God's green earth my boyfriend and I would go there alone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Coral Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My first thought before going was how good could this be? Upon arrival, I thought it was ok, the lobby area smelled like mildew, my room was big, but nothing special at all, kind of dated, but it was clean. Now, the good part...the grounds are gorgeous!!! The pools are fantastic, there are 2, one is an adult pool nice and quiet and serene and very beautiful, the other was huge and awesome, music playing, kids playing and everyone having a good time. The staff was great, extremely friendly and wanted to make sure your having a great time. There's a lot of amenities, and things for the kids to do. The food was good, not great but a huge variety at the buffet, so I was very satisfied. There is a bar/club at night. The music was great, the drinks were strong and we had a fun weekend. We went with a group of friends with their spouses and families I would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Morris Plains, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My family of five stayed at Club Med Sandpiper Bay in May and we had a great time! We have three small children (3.5 year old and 21 month old twins) and my husband really wanted to do a family vacation but I was skeptical that it would be anything of a "vacation." I was definitely proven wrong. We arrived at the resort and checked into our room, which was set up with two pack and plays as well as two strollers for our twins. The room was very simple but very clean. It was a great setup for us, as we had a two bedroom suite, with the kids room at the far end of a long hallway from our room. It was nice to have some separation and be able to put the kids to bed and also feel like we had our own space. We were one of the first rooms in the A building, which was centrally located to everything. At night after we put the kids to bed, my husband was able to go to the bar to get us drinks and be back in minutes. I read some reviews about the rooms not being luxurious at all. I would say that they are very simply decorated, maybe even scarce, but that worked for us with small kids. We really didn't have to worry about our kids "getting into anything" and could close the bathroom or bedrooms doors to contain them as well. After we settled into our room and went to check out the resort, we were met with several GO's in the bar who immediately came up, introduced themselves, and played with our kids. They were so friendly and took to our kids right away. Mae and Maddie were the two who we met specifically and I cannot speak highly enough of them both. They were both with our kids throughout our stay and were warm, caring, and so in tuned to the kids needs. When I say "kid-friendly," that doesn't even begin to describe this place. We have three small kids and we felt like they were welcome in nearly all areas of the resort. From the restaurants that provide high chairs and bibs (one recommendation: sippy or straw cups for the little ones in the restaurants!) to the bar with live music and dancing kids all over to the place to the family friendly shows every night, we were able to truly enjoy our vacation with our kids! I can't say enough about the kids club. GO Jessie (the director at the time we were there) was great with accommodating our three kids. We dropped them off each morning and were able to enjoy our couple time together, taking golf lessons and lounging at the adult pool (the one area that was thankfully NOT open to kids :). We felt very comfortable leaving them with all the GO's at the kids club and they all enjoyed the activities provided throughout the morning. We talked about doing the evening "pajama club" almost every night but since everything was so kid-friendly, we never really even felt the need. There was even a 24 hour kid room that had milk, snacks, and baby food for the kids for whenever we needed anything day or night. We put it to good use and it was great to have it at our disposal. General Manager, Jeff, was awesome, and we became friendly with him quickly over the course of the 6 days that we were there. He was super approachable and was super willing to help with anything we needed. The circus school and trapeze was so fun too. I had so much fun trying the trapeze and it was such a unique experience to be able to do at the resort. I also took advantage of running a 5K through the golf course one morning and my husband sailed almost every day on the Hobie Cats on the river. Finally, I was skeptical about a resort with only one main restaurant and I would consider myself a "foodie" but I was pleasantly surprised with both the quality and variety of food that was offered at the restaurant. Each day and night offered different types of food and I felt that the quality was great for a resort. We ate at the more casual restaurant next door for lunch one day and did "take out" on the day we were checking out and it was great for a quick lunch. All in all, I would HIGHLY recommend Club Med Sandpiper Bay for a family vacation, especially with small kids that you are willing to put into the kids club. We only put our kids in the club for a few mornings of the time that we were there but felt that we got so much out of our time and got to enjoy both couple and family time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Sandpiper Bay? Share your experiences!