“Amazing vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Sandpiper Bay

You added Club Med Sandpiper Bay to your Saves list
Club Med Sandpiper Bay
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   4500 S.E Pine Valley Street, Port Saint Lucie, FL 34952   |
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Toronto
“Amazing vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We just got back from sandpiper. And my daughter cried when it was time to leave. She loved the kids club. And loved Gina. Hunter, Chris and the gang. They were so good to the kids. My daughter has already written a card for Hunter. He was so sweet with her...

It was truly the best family vacation as I got to enjoy myself knowing the kids were having fun.

The tennis clinics were amazing. Gino and Laurent are excellent teachers. Loved how they also organized round robins in the afternoons. Miss the tennis...

The adult pool is also wonderful. So peaceful.

Overall it was a great vacation. I would highly recommend it. Great place. Great staff. Amazing tennis. Amazing kids activities. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed November 2012
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Luv2travel005,
Thanks for the kind words! We're glad you had a spectacular vacation and that our Kids Club, staff, activities and adult pool surpassed your every expectation. It is our goal to make sure each guest has a memorable experience, and we couldn't be happier to hear this was your best family vacation ever. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review, and we can't wait to see you again!
Your Club Med Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
Dracut, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My review is based on comparison to a couples resort, specifically Sandals Ocho Rios, which is why people may not agree. We just got back from staying at Club Med Sandpiper Bay for our one year wedding anniversary and have mixed reviews. We booked it in hoping to get the same relaxing and romantic vacation as Sandals resort had given us and unfortunately it was the opposite. Don't get me wrong, if you have young children and want a family oriented vacation that is not luxurious or children free, than this would be great for you. We should have read more reviews before booking, because the website didn't give us a good idea of what we got our selves into. Club Med has activities for children everywhere (rarely anything for a couple to do, except paddle boards). And unfortunately, we didn't discover the adult only pool until our last full day (which was very relaxing and away from children). There were no pictures of this on their website and it was hidden in the back of the resort (they should advertise this more for the adults). A few other complaints....check in states 11am. We got to the resort at 130pm and was told our room wasn't ready yet (and we had a wedding to get to). After a few complaints and insisting, we had the room within an hour (still unacceptable). There was only one buffet with limited hours and then one snack/restaurant area that was open from 930a-10p BUT the food was limited and were specifically for vegetarians and pescatarians. The beds were VERY uncomfortable....we actually lifted up the sheets to see why the middle of the bed felt so hard and learned that our "king" bed was actually two smaller beds put together. The walls are also paper thin and we could hear a lady throwing up next door the whole time, even when we turned the TV up. So for families, I believe this is a great, basic service resort. But if you are looking to get away with your spouse for a luxurious, romantic vacation then don't waste your time or money! Children run into you in the buffet and just when you find a spot to lay down and relax, you hear a group of children screaming songs. The plus side, for a buffet, the food was good and a big variety that changed every day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Kristin I,
Thank you for sharing about your experience at our resort. We're so sorry we did not exceed your expectations as this is not the norm for Club Med. Please know we are currently assessing the concerns you mentioned and greatly appreciate your feedback. Thank you again for your insights.
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We recently stayed at Sandpiper Bay with our extended family of 17. As our trip was a surprise to our parents, we needed special assistance to keep it that way. Nikos, the restaurant manager, and Anastasia went out of their way to make this trip special for our family. They even reserved a large space for us so that we could sit together for meals. The food was fantastic! There was a great variety and the desserts were unbelievable (especially the chocolate cheesecake).
The ladies at check-in also made a special effort to keep us all undercover, as to not ruin the surprise.

The children's program was great and gave the adults a much-needed break. Amazingly, our 10 year old enjoyed the program the most.

We typically don't return to places we've been because we have such a long list of amazing places to explore, but we would return to Sandpiper. It was a great mix of fun and relaxation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear MSGRE,
Thanks for the kind words! We're please to know you enjoyed your vacation and that our staff, dining options and Kids Club exceeded your every expectation. It also makes us especially happy to hear you will be visiting again! We're so glad you had a relaxing and wonderful vacation, and we can't wait for you to return!
Lutcher, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We are so sad to leave after spending November 9-14 here for our anniversary. Jake was great in activities and really kept volleyball games, dancing, and water aerobics going. Marc Anthony made sitting outside for dinner a true dining experience with his superb service and great personality. One night during our time here the activity planner/dj asked if he could sit with us for dinner and we had a great time talking to him. We enjoyed our stay here just as much as we did our original honeymoon and it was more reasonable as well.. Thanks CLUB MED! Your food, atmosphere, and service was great!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe room which had two extra sofa beds.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed for 5 days after purchasing a Libing Social deal. Previously, I have heard of Club Med but niatively thought it was a resort stick on the 1980s. But to my surprise, my husband and I had a blast! There was so much to do- water sports, aerobics, beach sports, hold, tennis, etc. At no time were we wondering what to do, it was more like what's there to do next? Although we are both active, we did find most of the activities grueling and worth our time. Then there was the food. There is a buffet restaraunt and a sit-down restaraunt. Both have qualities if their own but I was surprised to see all the varieties at the buffet. It was amazing. And so very good. The chocolate bread was consistently amazing. When the buffet was closed the other sit-down restaraunt was open. The only thing I didn't like was that they 'frowned' upon to-go orders and wouldn't let you take bottles if wine back to your room. Plus there was no mini bar in your room although the website says its fully stocked. Not a deal-breaker for me but it would have been nice. As would room service which they also did not offer. But, all in all we had a great time and are planning on returning with our family and daughter. I hope we see Jake again, the fabulous volleyball mystro-GTO who really helped make our trip special. Thank you for a fabulous 5 days!!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Nicmahl,
Thank you for posting a review about our resort. We're so happy you had a lovely stay and that you enjoyed all the activities our resort has to offer like the water sports, aerobics, beach sports, tennis and so much more. It also makes us so glad to hear you found our staff and dining options to be excellent. Thank you for your suggestions as we are always looking for ways to improve and greatly appreciate any insights our guests may offer. We can't wait to see you again!
Ft Meade, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Let me start by saying that we are a Military Family (my husband is active duty Navy) and this vacation was a pre-move and a pre-deployment vacation for our family. This family time was very important.. We were at the Sandpiper resort from Nov. 4th thru Nov 10th. It was myself, my husband and our 3 children (daughter age 4 and twin sons age 2).
We loved everything about Sandpiper Bay. Our room was great (my kids loved the bunk beds) and we had an awesome view of the river/beach and the main pool. The food was delicious (I am in love with the white chocolate bread). The bread baker, Celestin, came out to meet me when he found out that I bake and loved his bread. The recipe for the bread was sent to by room, by his wife Sanchia, (I may be off on the spelling, sorry), who is also so very sweet and is the head of house keeping.
I am saddened by some of the reviews that I have read. Sandpiper is a family resort and that is why we chose it and why we LOVE it. I do not understand why some people have stated in their reviews, that they couldn't stand the fact that there are so many kids running around and kids at the bar. I think that is is wonderful that I can hang in the Slice Lounge and be with my kids. At 7:15pm every night there were kid friendly, family fun activities at Slice and my daughter enjoyed that very much. I thought it was adorable that my kids could walk up to the bar, climb into a chair and order Shirley Temples and virgin daiquiris and were given a cup of Gold Fish with every drink order. Marcus, Christianne and Jenny were the BEST bartenders and we enjoyed chatting with them.
The Mini Club was AWESOME, my daughter loved being there and became very close to many of the GO's that work there. She became became attached to Drika, Ethan, Gina, Jessie, Sheila and Devin and every time she saw them around the village, she would run up to them and give then huge hugs.
The Trapeze/Circus crew was also the best. We became very friendly with Hannah and Arturo and loved hanging out with them. The entire crew especially Hannah, Arturo and Joshua were so patient and caring with my daughter when she decided to be brave and fly on the trapeze.
The lifeguards were the GO's that we became the most attached too. Arielle, Maddie and Adan became part of our family. We loved being around them. They became so attached to all 3 of my kids and it was so sad leaving them to head home.
It's amazing how close you can become to the GO's, they became as interested in our stories as we were in theirs. It really made me feel good that when my twins ran around and I kept apologizing, they would assure me that it was ok, that they loved seeing all of my kids around the village, all of the GO's knew us and knew our kids.
Also, I loved Anthony at the front desk, he is a fellow native New Yorker and made me laugh, he is hilarious. Anytime we needed something, he was there to help.
I was upset that the Chief of the Village, Lionel was not there during our stay. We would've loved to meet him.
This was our second trip to a Club Med. Ixtapa was our first experience in 2009. We will be looking for our next village soon :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Gbrutus0329,
Thanks for the review! We love when our guests have an amazing vacation and we're absolutely thrilled to hear you enjoyed all our resort has to offer such as the Kids Club, facilities, dining options and activities. We're especially happy to hear you found our staff to be so wonderful. We're glad you and your family had a lovely stay, and we can't wait for you to visit for a 3rd time!
Haddonfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had a bumpy start this year at this location, but everything ended up perfect. NOTE: ASK FOR A ROOM ON THE UPPER FLOORS! We were upgraded to a bigger room facing the water on the first floor. Our first night was a nightmare. The people above us had little kids running around from 12:30AM to 5:30AM in the morning. The pounding of feet and the crying of toddlers were out of control. Security and Management did nothing to quiet this French Family down even after we made several phone calls to the front desk and a visit from security. The next day, we ask for a downgraded room on the top floor. Other than that, the food is great and the camp is wonderful. This is not a 5 star American resort. What makes this resort awesome is the camp and the food. The surrounding are okay. The main pool is not heated and is very cold. It is a hike to get the pool towels. There is only 1 bar. . . .BUT the young adults in the camp (Hunter, Devon, Gina) were amazing!!! If you need a break from your kids, this is the place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear ckuball,
Thank you for posting a review about your stay at our Club Med Sandpiper Bay resort. We are so glad your trip turned around and you had a fantastic vacation! We're especially happy to hear you found our dining options, staff and activities to be wonderful. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope you visit again in the near future!
Your Club Med Team

Been to Club Med Sandpiper Bay? Share your experiences!