We stayed at Club Med Sandpiper for a week in late May with our 3 year-old and 17 month-old and had a great time. We had a Deluxe Family Club Room (renovated), which included a separate room with two twin beds for the kids; a pack-n-play and other essentials (stroller, changing pad, etc) were also provided in our room. The room was clean and well-kept and the extra space for us was really essential, and allowed my husband and I to stay up without keeping the kids up. We also had a patio (first floor room) which we enjoyed; our 3 year-old loved running around outside in the morning.
We've been to a number of all-inclusive Caribbean resorts for couples and we weren't sure what to expect with a family resort. Club Med did not disappoint; there were countless activities for the kids including day and evening shows, pool parties, organized games like scavenger hunts, dancing, etc. Our 3 year-old enjoyed the trapeze shows tremendously, as did we. There was also plenty for the grown-ups to do; we enjoyed the jet skis, spa, volleyball, evening shows, gym, and lounging by the pool.
We also took advantage of the Kids Club and were incredibly impressed by the cleanliness of the facility, the countless and diverse organized activities and the professionalism and kindness of the staff. They are too many to mention but Luna, Eleni, Jessica, Larissa, Sylvanna, Travis and Laura were all great with our older child, even with the Kids Club wasn't in session. We had our younger child in the Baby Club which was also good, and allowed us access to a little room with refrigerator, fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, cereal and milk at all times. (I think there was baby food too.) It was a nice perk and smart of the resort to do this.
There is one main restaurant as others have mentioned called The Marketplace. It's all buffet but the food is fresh and there are options for everyone. I am both health-conscious and picky and had no trouble finding things I liked. Likewise there was plenty for my 'steak and potatoes' husband, as well as for the kids. The ice cream machine, which is kind of hidden, was especially popular. The other meal option is a sit-down restaurant called Soleil located right outside The Marketplace. Food was simple but good and Nikos, the manager there, is an outstanding host. In addition to the restaurants, there is also one bar called Slice -- it's more upscale than I expected and the drinks were strong and bartenders both friendly and accommodating. Justine was patient with our requests and the kids enjoyed getting goldfish crackers and juice from the bar too.
We had the pleasure of speaking with Lionel who is doing a great job with the resort/renovation and who was also a gracious host. Jerry dined with us one night and we both felt like he was a huge asset to the organization and enjoyed spending time with him.
I realize this is a long review but wanted to share our experience. I also wanted to note (as many posters commented on the lack of on-site convenience shopping) that this is generally true, however if you go over past the tennis courts, there is a pro shop and sunscreen, basic toiletries, tee shirts, hats, etc. can be purchased there.
The Club Med Sandpiper renovation is great; we'll be back and we'll tell our friends. If we had to make any suggestions, they'd be the following: add a bar of some sort at the adult pool (heard this is already being planned); add a sit-down restaurant separate from the Marketplace during dinner hours for parents taking advantage of the Pajama Club and wanting a kid-free meal; and offer advance purchase of things like diapers, swim diapers, wipes, sunscreen, basic snacks, etc - they take up a lot of space to pack and I'd happily pay a small premium to have them waiting in the room.
Again, great experience and cheers to Club Med Sandpiper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Floridian charm in our renovated all-inclusive family resort of Sandpiper, nestled by the Saint Lucie River which provides fun and excitement on the beach or on sailboats. Travel to Club Med Sandpiper Bay with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation amidst a full-amenity resort where families can discover incomparable sports and children's programs. Make the most of your vacation to discover tennis, golf and fitness with our top coaches in the Club Med Academies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Sandpiper Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Med Sandpiper Club
- Club Med Sandpiper Florida
- Club Med Port Saint Lucie
- Sandpiper Club Med
- Club Med Port St Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Club Med
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Florida/Port Saint Lucie