“Great place to relax” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10120 South Federal Highway, Port Saint Lucie, FL 34952   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 11 hotels in Port Saint Lucie
GreenLeadersBronze level
oakland gardens ny
“Great place to relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

The main draw of this hotel is the nice pool. Large waterfall and plenty of lounge chairs. Overall the pool area was very quiet and a great place to relax. The room itself was nice but had an old style tube TV. The room also lacked a refrigerator or safe. I was also a little disappointed that the on site bar was closed the night I was there. The staff was extremely friendly and I would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Had a nice view of the pool.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Nantucket, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

The staff at this hotel were about the rudest I've ever encountered; every time I said anything to the night clerk/manager, she'd look horrified and say "I was just about to tell you that." The day manager wasn't much better. The visit was filled with little irritants. For instance, if you don't turn in the pool towels at the front desk, they charge your credit card $7 a piece. No breakfast provided, they want you to eat in the restaurant, except no one bothered to show up to open the place. Apparently, they're really more interested in hosting events than hosting guests. The whole place was terribly run-down and dirty, the elevator paneling was missing, so you saw taped up construction under-wall. However, the salt-water pool was terrific, with a waterfall. Salt-water pools are apparently easier to maintain, with no chlorine.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I'd guess that this hotel hadn't been updated since it was built which, judging on the decor & such, was about 25 years ago. It wouldn't be bad if the hotel didn't have that beaten-up & not-tended-to look. I cracked up when I walked into my room & the in-room coffee maker was sitting on the mini-fridge which put it at about knee level. The furniture & carpet looked grimy to the point where I never took my shoes off or even sat on the sofa. The noisy AC unit barely kept the damp, mildewy smell to a minimum. The staff was curt during check-in, but I didn't have any other interactions with them to get a full impression.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

While the property is clean and has a pool with waterfall it was ruined by the unbelievably rude attitude of the front desk clerk, I believe her name was Gettie or something like that. We witnessed the couple in front of us greet the clerk only to be ignored. They indicated they had a reservation and the clerk actually “grunted” then without any kind of acknowledgement turned her back on them for a few moments. We exchanged glances of surprise and they proceeded to offer up their last name. She finally turned back and without so much as a word, even though the couple tried to engage in some light “how are you today” conversation, thrust a paper on the counter for them to sign, handed them room keys then turned her back again. The couple was clearly shocked and mouthed “wow” as they wandered off to find their room. Of course the clerk couldn’t bother to even hint which direction they should go.

We were also ignored when we stepped to the counter even though were standing right in front of the clerk. After a few moments she grunted, “name!” Not the welcome you’d expect at Holiday Inn. It took forever for her to finally hand over room keys all the while maintaining an attitude of disgust. When I asked if she would enter my rewards number into the computer she said the system was down. I found out later that was a lie.

As she handed over our room keys the previous couple returned explaining theirs didn’t work.

I felt so horrible after my experience at the front desk that if I hadn’t prepaid for the room I would have left.

The only other very bad thing I noted was the ground level hotel door facing the street did NOT lock at night, i.e., no security. Anyone could push on the door and have hotel access. It had a slot for you to use your room key for access but what good is that if the door never latches?

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Niagara Falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 5 days and really enjoyed it. We weren't sure when we arrived and the front desk staff was ok but not great. The location is right off the highway and again we weren't so sure about this since we haven't been to this area before but it worked out great. The room was clean and comfortable and the pool was so nice. Had a waterfall and was since there wasn't many others using the pool it was nice to sit beside and read my book.

The hotel was within driving distance to everything - shopping and beaches.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

This property shows a bit of wear and tear, but has a friendly staff. This is a traditional Holiday Inn, not an Express, so there is no free breakfast, bt M-F newspapers are free. Hotel is located adjacent to a Sonny's BBQ restaurant, and along a very busy highway with all sorts or retail businesses.

Our room was a suite that consisted of a queen bed in a separate bedroom (with a door) along with a sleeper sofa. The room had 2 TVs and a small refrig. The bed was comfortable, but the heater/AC unit for the entire suite was located in the BR, which made the "living room" stuffy at times.

The reason I selected this hotel was because of the fabulous rate I was able to book. On the Holiday Inn website, an Entertainment Card rate is offered for this property, which for my stay reduced the nightly rate to $50 per night for the suite. The non-suite rate was only $45. I am a legimate Entertainment Card holder, and upon check-in, I was asked to provide my Entertainment card as proof for the rate. So while the property was about Average, it was a great value in mid-December.

Room Tip: Newspapers are not provided in weekends
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

We stayed here as part of a wedding party in November.

We booked a suite which included a seperate lounge area. The rooms were all of the standard Holiday Inn chains but in my opinion could do with a little TLC. Not sure if its standard for US hotels but the baths are incredibly small, good if you have problems getting in and out of the bath but not good for a soak!

The hotel is pet-friendly which again i found bizarre but again it seems the norm.

It hosts a lovely heated pool, great for the kids and adults alike.

There never seemed to be many staff on duty, maybe thats a sign of good management but the hotel did seem slightly understaffed (maybe due to holidays).

The hotel is about 15-20 minutes drive from Jensen Beach and about 10 minutes from the nearest Mall.

Breakfast is ok, kids eat free so always a bonus. Try the diner next door for that American experience.

All in all, a good hotel that i would recommend to people wanting to stay in this part of Florida.

Room Tip: If you have allergys to pets ask for one that they dont use as no matter how hard the cleaners try t...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie? Share your experiences!