“Absolutely wonderful place to call home away from home!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Destin, Florida
“Absolutely wonderful place to call home away from home!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Mainstay St. Lucie West was recommended when I arrived in town almost one month ago. From my check-in with Jimmy to my checkout with Cassandra, I couldn't have experienced better customer service anywhere. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. In fact, my experience was so positive it seemed a little sad when I checked out yesterday. The location is amazing, the Mainstay had very tasteful holiday decor and welcomed guest home with fresh apples and Florida oranges when you arrived home each day. I never had to wait on any request for service. The housekeeping department did a superb job!! Upon arrival until I checked out 3.5 week's later, my room was spotless. The linens were of great quality and the beds were so comfortable I slept like a baby every night. The rooms have a lot to offer with nice sleeper sofas, flat screen TV, desk for work or easily converted to a bar for dining in the room. The on-site laundry was super nice and everything was at your fingertips...even quarters at the front desk for the coin operated laundry machines. The grounds are well maintained and have lovely tropical plants. The front porch is nice and welcoming. The back patio and pool area is private and great for sunning or lounging while reading, etc. Michael was a pleasure to talk with also and helped me out during my stay. This hotel takes pride in its operations and treats guests like they are family. The facilities are superb!! You cannot go wrong by choosing Mainstay St. Lucie West whether you are staying a day or a month, customer service and friendliness of staff Is ranked tops in my opinion!! Thank you Cassandra for the extra special service you provide. Thanks to Jimmy for being super attentive and to Michael for the courtesy and always responding, and thanks to Jordan for always greeting me at the end of the day with a beautiful smile and for showing me around the property. Thanks to housekeeping for the extra effort in cleanliness. I will recommend this place to any traveler!!! :-)

• Stayed December 2013
jimmy d, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and we really appreciate your feedback and I will share your feedback with the staff here. We make it one of our goals to go out of our way to make each of our guests feel as if they are at home and I am glad to see that we were able to do this for you.Our staff makes sure to go out of their way to make each guest feel as if they are home, and I am glad to see we were able to do this for you. We look foward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Medford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed at Mainstay Suites in Port St. Lucie recently with our pet. Everything was very good and everyone was very helpful and pleasant to be around. I would like to especially thank Cassandra. She had to be the most pleasant and warm hearted person I have met in a long time. Any questions were handled in a professional manner, yet with a wonderful sense of humor, which is important when you are away from home. A great pleasure to deal with someone that makes you feel welcome. She is a definite asset to that hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Allegan, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The front desk staff: Accommodating and personable from the African-American gentleman on the night shift to the attractive blonde female that checked me in. Possibly the best front desk staff in my 19 years as a road warrior.
The manager justifiably had the Port St. Lucie County Police remove a disorderly guest. He will not allow someone else to ruin your stay.

Housekeeping staff: Friendly but inept. When I first opened the door to my studio, I noticed an odd peanut butter-like smell. The counter top of the kitchenette and the work station were both dirty (coffee stains? and bread/cracker crumbs). Two paper towels were wadded up and left on the counters as if someone just stopped suddenly and forgot to finish. I found an empty water bottle and other garbage underneath the bed when I stooped to pick up my cell phone.

Pest control: This studio was overrun by ants. These ants were trained to attack at the sound of a microwave being operated, the refrigerator door being opened, the oven being turned on etc. They bit the heck out of my toes. when a young gecko showed up snooping through my luggage, I welcomed him as a friend. I suppose he was the reason that I didn't see a single cockroach.

Location: Very close to shopping (Wal-Mart, Publix, Stein Mart, Beals, Five Guys Burgers and Fries, various Chinese restaurants, etc). Located off of a roundabout in a safe, well-kept area about 1/2 mile from 95.

I was able to secure a room rate of $40 per night through a third party that I located through Craigslist. Monthly rates through this broker were about $35 per night. I'd have been steaming for certain if I had paid the standard rates of $89 to $139.00 considering the cleanliness of the room.

Even with the problems with housekeeping (and they were most likely responsible to an extent about the ant problem, too)...I would recommend this property due to the front desk staff, management, and the location.

Room Tip: Check the room first to make certain that a different member of the cleaning staff than what I had t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Mainstay Suites with my daughter on a Saturday night. The hotel was clean, room was a nice size, and it was quiet. Cassandra helped me and she bent over backwards for us from the beginning to check out. I've never had such great customer service at a hotel as I did here. In fact, I'm on my way back now and am staying there again!! I wouldn't go anywhere else just because I know you can't find hospitality like that anywhere else!

• Stayed January 2013
jimmy d, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for the feedback on your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future. Our staff makes sure to go out of their way to make each guest feel as if they are home, and I am glad Cassandra was able to do this for you. We are looking forward to seeing you again.
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I love this location because it is directly off of I-95 yet feels very private and is very quiet. The staff is always friendly and helpful especially Cassandra at the front desk. She is so friendly and happy you cant help but be in a good mood around her. I will stay here anytime traveling to the Port St. Lucie area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us, we are glad we were able to make your stay as pleasant and accommodating as possible. Thank you for the feedback about Cassandra, she is always willing to help as with the rest of our staff. I will pass the comments along to her. We hope to see you again soon.
Wetzlar, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

I arrived after a long flight from overseas at the end of a long day. The lady at the check in took some time until I had some room keys. I opened the room and was blown by the smell the arrangement blew at me. I just closed the door went back to the front desk and luckly got another room. My comment, that the previouse guest seems by smell to have forgotten its pet, was not commented or understood at all. The next room was better but still warn out. I stayed a week her. The room size and everything would be very good if renovated and kept clean. It's also not favorable to turn the AC of, in this clima.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and I really appreciate the feedback. I was happy to see that when you had a problem the front desk addressed it. Recently, the hotel has gone over minor renovations to make sure everyone's stay here is pleasant. We hope on your next trip you could stay with us again to see the upgrades.
Tampere, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Cheap price in the vicinity of PGA village calls for the stay. But....pay a little more and choose another place. First we had non-smoking room where somebody had smoked a lot and also the ac was broke. Thanks to Cassandra (she was great) got another room quickly. Rooms are semi worn out but ok size. In the middle of the night there was a false fire alarm, but nobody told what was going on until asked. Also the phone rang three times a night until I unplugged it. Good things were location nearby PGA village nd ok continental breakfast. Otherwise hotel is worn out and part of the staff don't really care.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for the feedback as well. I am glad Cassandra was able to accommodate you. I will share your feedback with the staff so we can make sure everyone is aware of your experience and to take precautions to try to make every guests' stay here a pleasant one.

Been to MainStay Suites? Share your experiences!