“Great staff and accommendations & very welcoming person like Cassandra” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MainStay Suites

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Medford, New York
“Great staff and accommendations & very welcoming person like Cassandra”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed at Mainstay Suites in Port St. Lucie recently with our pet. Everything was very good and everyone was very helpful and pleasant to be around. I would like to especially thank Cassandra. She had to be the most pleasant and warm hearted person I have met in a long time. Any questions were handled in a professional manner, yet with a wonderful sense of humor, which is important when you are away from home. A great pleasure to deal with someone that makes you feel welcome. She is a definite asset to that hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Allegan, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The front desk staff: Accommodating and personable from the African-American gentleman on the night shift to the attractive blonde female that checked me in. Possibly the best front desk staff in my 19 years as a road warrior.
The manager justifiably had the Port St. Lucie County Police remove a disorderly guest. He will not allow someone else to ruin your stay.

Housekeeping staff: Friendly but inept. When I first opened the door to my studio, I noticed an odd peanut butter-like smell. The counter top of the kitchenette and the work station were both dirty (coffee stains? and bread/cracker crumbs). Two paper towels were wadded up and left on the counters as if someone just stopped suddenly and forgot to finish. I found an empty water bottle and other garbage underneath the bed when I stooped to pick up my cell phone.

Pest control: This studio was overrun by ants. These ants were trained to attack at the sound of a microwave being operated, the refrigerator door being opened, the oven being turned on etc. They bit the heck out of my toes. when a young gecko showed up snooping through my luggage, I welcomed him as a friend. I suppose he was the reason that I didn't see a single cockroach.

Location: Very close to shopping (Wal-Mart, Publix, Stein Mart, Beals, Five Guys Burgers and Fries, various Chinese restaurants, etc). Located off of a roundabout in a safe, well-kept area about 1/2 mile from 95.

I was able to secure a room rate of $40 per night through a third party that I located through Craigslist. Monthly rates through this broker were about $35 per night. I'd have been steaming for certain if I had paid the standard rates of $89 to $139.00 considering the cleanliness of the room.

Even with the problems with housekeeping (and they were most likely responsible to an extent about the ant problem, too)...I would recommend this property due to the front desk staff, management, and the location.

Room Tip: Check the room first to make certain that a different member of the cleaning staff than what I had t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Mainstay Suites with my daughter on a Saturday night. The hotel was clean, room was a nice size, and it was quiet. Cassandra helped me and she bent over backwards for us from the beginning to check out. I've never had such great customer service at a hotel as I did here. In fact, I'm on my way back now and am staying there again!! I wouldn't go anywhere else just because I know you can't find hospitality like that anywhere else!

• Stayed January 2013
jimmy d, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for the feedback on your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future. Our staff makes sure to go out of their way to make each guest feel as if they are home, and I am glad Cassandra was able to do this for you. We are looking forward to seeing you again.
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I love this location because it is directly off of I-95 yet feels very private and is very quiet. The staff is always friendly and helpful especially Cassandra at the front desk. She is so friendly and happy you cant help but be in a good mood around her. I will stay here anytime traveling to the Port St. Lucie area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us, we are glad we were able to make your stay as pleasant and accommodating as possible. Thank you for the feedback about Cassandra, she is always willing to help as with the rest of our staff. I will pass the comments along to her. We hope to see you again soon.
Wetzlar, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

I arrived after a long flight from overseas at the end of a long day. The lady at the check in took some time until I had some room keys. I opened the room and was blown by the smell the arrangement blew at me. I just closed the door went back to the front desk and luckly got another room. My comment, that the previouse guest seems by smell to have forgotten its pet, was not commented or understood at all. The next room was better but still warn out. I stayed a week her. The room size and everything would be very good if renovated and kept clean. It's also not favorable to turn the AC of, in this clima.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and I really appreciate the feedback. I was happy to see that when you had a problem the front desk addressed it. Recently, the hotel has gone over minor renovations to make sure everyone's stay here is pleasant. We hope on your next trip you could stay with us again to see the upgrades.
Tampere, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Cheap price in the vicinity of PGA village calls for the stay. But....pay a little more and choose another place. First we had non-smoking room where somebody had smoked a lot and also the ac was broke. Thanks to Cassandra (she was great) got another room quickly. Rooms are semi worn out but ok size. In the middle of the night there was a false fire alarm, but nobody told what was going on until asked. Also the phone rang three times a night until I unplugged it. Good things were location nearby PGA village nd ok continental breakfast. Otherwise hotel is worn out and part of the staff don't really care.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for the feedback as well. I am glad Cassandra was able to accommodate you. I will share your feedback with the staff so we can make sure everyone is aware of your experience and to take precautions to try to make every guests' stay here a pleasant one.
Viera, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Even though this property is only a half mile from I-95, it is extremely quiet and feels very private. Championship golf is within this complex on real PGA courses. The MainStay Suites can be a long term place to stay. The rooms have a kitchen and sitting room as well as a bedroom and full bath. Everything is very comfortable and the service is very good. But the free breakfast is the only real downside at this property. I know, picking on a free breakfast. Everything else here is really good for the breakfast to be what it is. Plus barefooted children trying to operate a very, very hot waffle griddle standing under a "No Children are to operate this waffle machine" with no parents anywhere to be found is a bit much. Unsupervised children running all around is a definite turn off. Plus the hotel's insurance covering injured bare feet must cost a fortune. Really like the location and the hotel and their staff and their amenities, but a better breakfast would earn another star from me.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. There are kitchens in most if not all of the units. There is a pool on premise...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for the feedback. Our breakfast has been upgrades since your stay. Now we also have boiled eggs, sausage, and numerous other additions to our breakfast, so on your next stay you will be able to enjoy the improvements we have made. We look forward to seeing you again.

Been to MainStay Suites? Share your experiences!