“Very Nice hotel, right off I-95” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1601 NW Courtyard Circle, Port Saint Lucie, FL 34986   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Savannah, Georgia
“Very Nice hotel, right off I-95”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My parents and I stayed at this hotel and it was very nice. Huge, comfortable rooms. Big bathroom. Very nice continental breakfast. Unfortunately we were in town for a funeral, but it was very convenient, right off the highway and in an area with plenty of restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Normal, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed 2 nights on our way to the keys. very friendly front desk, near 95 check in easy. Nice area lots of food places near by. Best night sleep area very quiet.
20 minutes to beach. Cecila in the breakfast room very friendly gave us a map pointed us to Ft. Pierce beach. nice clean big rooms. Great hotel!! only con is hot water takes a long time. .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
OBX, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We booked this hotel because we were catching the "Dolphins Express" across the street at Duffys for game day. The hotel is situated in walking distance to numerous restaurants. We were pleasantly surprised at the friendliness of the staff and cleanliness of room. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. I love that they give firm and soft pillows as my husband and I have very differnt taste in that matter. The pool is small, but was fine for us. Overall, this was a wonderful hotel for the price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in July, 2012 while my home was undergoing repairs. The staff was more than helpful. Hotel is well maintained and very clean. Breakfast was more than ample and nicely provided by very friendly "Breakfast Person." She would take away your dirty dishes before you even had a chance to ! Hotel is conveniently located near restaurants and just off I-95. Holiday Inn is a good choice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Hanover, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My family members stayed here while taking care of issues after the death of my father. The hotel upgraded us to a suite with a pull out couch to accomadate a third family member. This saved us the expense of getting another room and it really helped during a difficult time.
The breakfast each morning was sufficient and much better than most places that have just a continental breakfast.
The room was spotless and well appointed. There were three choices of pillows on each bed which helped make the stay even more comfortable

Room Tip: we were in a suite room 306, away from elevators, nice and quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lagrange, Ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

At check in I notified the front desk attendant Gilda that I had a service dog. She gave me a look as if she didn't believe me. I showed her a card that I was issued by the federal government ADA department. She asked to take a picture of such document. I then proceeded to my room. When I got to the room the door was locked when I tried to insert the key. I went to the front desk. The attendant told me that I could not stay there because the dog did not match the picture on my service dog tag. She proceeded to tell me that I had a picture of a German Sheppard on my service dog tag. I told her there was no way my chichuia looked anything like a German Sheppard. She then said well whatever the dog is in the picture is not anything like the dog you brought in here. I then told her to call her manager. She called and then she told me that they could not let me stay. I told her that I would board the dog, call ADA in the morning (since it was on a Sunday). She told me she was not going to let me stay there anyway. I told her that is fine I would go somewhere else and I would call her manager on Monday, call corporate as well as ADA. I told her there better not be a charge on my card. She confirmed my card had not been charged. I then called my bank and spoke to a rep. There was a $179 charge on my card. I then called the hotel and she told me that she was charging me for one night since I cancelled. I told her I did not cancel and I would not be paying. She asked if I wanted to speak to the manager. I agreed. She then transferred me to a voicemail. I called back and she told me that she refused to talk to me and hung up.

I now have to dispute this with my bank and be stuck without $179 2,000 miles away from my home. The bank told me that I had to dispute with the hotel and the AUTHORIZATION would not fall off until 6 business days if the hotel decided not to CHARGE my card.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear accordkyd,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel from 8/10 until 8/14 the first night I arrived I notified the front desk their where what appeared to be blood droplets on the bed skirt three days later after speaking with another front del associate the skirt still remained on the bed. Each associate stated how terrible that was but never came to remove the bed skirt.By the third night I requested my money back so I could stay at another hotel. They refused to give me back my money leaving me to pay for a room that wasn't fully used. By the way I was traveling with four children, to make matters worse I removed the skirt myself on day four housekeeping knocks with gloves to finally remove the skirt from my room. To further express my disgust the pool area had a party of some sort and nobody in the hotel bothered to check the area so when I arrive with my children the gate was bring held open by a chair there was a half bottle of heresy open beer bottles and cups of alcohol thrown around the pool area. Again I go to the front desk and I'm told oh I apologize we don't have anyone to clean the area I'm working alone. Are you kidding me? There's no excuse for an establishment to blatantly disregard a hygienic issue as well open containers of alcohol left unsupervised. SHAME on all the STAFF at the Port St location you should not be allowed to use the name holiday inn. ( Also check under your beds for trash that's where I found old water bottles and a Childs toy, guess what the front gate said oh I'm sorry and gave me a bag with peanut butter cookies,apple and bottled water you people suck)!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Dan P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. It is dissappointing to hear you were not satisfied with the service you received. We take pride in our customer service and cleanliness and to hear that we failed in both areas is unexcusable. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the hotel.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West? Share your experiences!