“Great place for the price!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1601 NW Courtyard Circle, Port Saint Lucie, FL 34986   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Great place for the price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Rooms were clean and well-maintained. Nice breakfast buffet included with eggs, pancakes, toast, rolls, cereal. Did not use the pool, so can't speak about that. But we were really pleased!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Stayed here on our way back home to Key West. Clean room, fridge & coffee maker in room. Great hot breakfast. Ate at Cowboy Bill's down the road, was not impressed. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Chiang Mai, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

I was really excited to repeat my trip here as my stay here last year was quite nice: Great rooms, acceptable service, walking distance to restaurants and a movie complex....

Last night was a different experience:
Check-in: I was not allowed to add my Priority Club # because I did not have my card. I find this strange as I rarely (never?) bring my card due to the fact most majors can check your account with your identification. I had to phone the 800 number to have this added. Not a huge deal, but not a great start so I removed a star for that. (Note: I emailed the hotel earlier to have this added and received no reply).
Alarm clock: The clock was set to 5AM and I was surely planning a nice snooze until 7AM. One star removed for lack of attention to detail.
Check-out: No one at the lobby. No bell so I had to speak loudly for someone to come to the desk. The receptionist came to the desk with a "Can't you see I was busy" attitude.

OK, these items may seem small to some people, but I travel quite a bit and I know what keeps me coming back. I am not coming back here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

A family reunion and birhtday brought us to port st lucie and to this Holiday Inn. If cootha ot have been a better choice for my partner and I. While we did not get to use the pool other members of our party did and they completely enjoyed it. The rooms have been completely refurbished, we were told and they were indeed clean and very comfortable.
All in all, while they have no breakfast, free that is, we greatly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
New York, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

I had booked a reservation using a Intercontinental Friends & Family Rate, which I believe to have been prepaid. We were in town to catch a Mets Spring Training Game.

My wife (who was feeling under the weather) & I arrive to the check in only to be told that our stay was not prepaid, which took us by surprise. At this point, the manager allows us to use the computer in the business center to go online & check our credit card account. Low & behold, there was no charge on our account.

Since they told us we didn't have a prepaid reservation and my wife wasn't feeling well, she preferred that we drive an hour south so we can go back to her mom's house to stay the night.

We tell the front desk clerk that we are just going to leave. We thought, that was the end of that.

A few weeks pass and we see that the room is charged to my wife's credit card statement. Of course, we file a dispute with the credit card company.

The hotel claims that we still had a reservation that valid, despite even though the front desk clerk and the manager never told us anything to that effect. WHY DIDN'T THE CLERK TELL US THIS TO OUR FACE WHEN WE TOLD HER WE WERE LEAVING?

The hotel literally lied to the credit card company, which denied our claim (We are now in the midst of an appeal)

I BEG of you to stay elsewhere in PSL. This experience has not only soured me on staying at a Holiday Inn Express in the future but the entire Intercontinental chain of hotel.

This hotel is run by liars & thieves.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

My husband and I loved this hotel. Not a Four Seasons, for sure, but you cannot go wrong for the price or location. The hotel was immaculate. Beds comfortable, HVAC worked fine, free breakfast was adequate. Staff very friendly. Could have used more lounge chairs at the pool and the "fitness center" left something to be desired, but you can't beat the location - it was a 15 minute walk to the ballpark, which eliminated all the parking hassles. Across the street, literally, from Duffy's. Also, several local and chain restaurants were nearby within walking distance, as were two malls. Beach, however, (Jense Beach) was a disappointing 40 minute drive. Since you can't have both beach and ballpark at one location, we'd go for ballpark.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Wash., DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

Stayed here to attend a New York Mets spring training game. Stadium is less than one mile down the street. Hotel looks very new and is surrounded by everything one would need to survive - restaurants, shopping, gas stations, etc. Very Quiet. Helpful staff - thanks Mandy!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West? Share your experiences!