“A good, if not great Residence Inn” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Miami Shores, Florida
“A good, if not great Residence Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

After discovering the Residence Inn brand, it is my 'go-to' choice for hotels when I travel. While they all are nice, there are differences from property to property. This inn, IMHO, was off the mark in several areas.

First, the design of the property is significantly different from other RIs -- it looks more like a standard 'box' hotel than a residence. This seemed to carry over to the room design. Everything seemed somewhat smaller. A two burner cook top. Limited utensils. You had to step out of the way of the bathroom door to close it.

It also carried over to the service. At breakfast, we were told we needed to use foam plates if we were taking them back to the room. The kitchen towel was gone from the kitchen after the first day, and upon asking for a replacement at the desk, we were given two wash cloths instead.

These are not large things to complain about, and do not merit a large deduction in rating. But, they do make a difference to the whole feel of the hotel. RIs are normally extremely welcoming, nice, friendly places. This one, not quite so much.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hotel is clean and comfortable, with a full size fridge and microwave, and small cooktop. There is also a dishwasher and dishes, utensils, etc.

Breakfast is served everyday, and dinner is served several days a week. It's pretty basic stuff, but gets the job done, when you don't feel like getting back in the car.

The windows open, which I usually only see with a balcony or terrace, and it's a bonus to get fresh air, when the weather permits.

I will choose this hotel again, and suggest it to friends and family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at a lot of places recently and this was one of the best. The breakfast was definitely the best complimentary breakfast ever. They also had dinner which I didn't eat but it did smell delicious. Absolutely no complaints about this one. Well, I suppose the prie was a bit steep but you get what you pay for I suppose.

• Stayed August 2013
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This Residence was the best out of the three we stayed at this trip. The staff was wonderful, the rooms clean, the breakfast/dinner good. There was the normal powdered eggs, sausage, waffle maker, yogurt was also available. Dinner was Southwestern night. Since we arrived late- dinner was almost over but the hostess on duty stayed open a little later and asked if we needed anymore before she started to clean up. Very unlike the other two Residences we stayed at who were quick to break everything down and close. We try to stay at Residence Inn's because we usually travel with our dogs. There was an empty field next to the hotel making it easy to take them for walks/potty breaks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Walton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My daughter attends Keiser University College of Golf. Our extended stay at Residence Inn in St. Lucie West was a life saver trying to get familiar with the area etc. The staff were more than gracious and the rooms were great with large flat screen TV's, furnished modern kitchens, and very clean. A special mention to Fernando, Cindy, Oneida, Bruce, Braydon, Lucas and the GM. It was an excellent temporary place to call home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

pgilray, General Manager at Residence Inn Port St. Lucie, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Paula, It was such a pleasure having you and your daughter stay with us here at Residence Inn Port St. Lucie while attending Keiser University College of Golf. Thank you for recognizing the staff that made a diiference during your stay as I'll be sure to share with them. We wish you and your daughter the best.
Dunnellon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I travel a lot with my job & it makes it pleasurable when the staff goes over & beyond to make you feel at home. With this stay I felt as close to home as I possibly could outside of being at home. I would just like to name a few that I feel should be recognized as going over & beyond their call of duty & they are Natalia, Brayden, Kristen, Kim, the dinning staff...& several others. The rooms were kept very clean & I was always made to feel that if there was anything that I needed it that it was handled immediately. I would also Like to thank Paul for all his efforts & the pillows(No Feather). Thank you to everyone at your location. I was here for approximately 4 months & would definitely stay again, as well as pass the good words on.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Deanna, I am so happy that we made The Residence Inn feel like home for you while being away on work. Thank you so much for your review and I will share it with our staff and recognize those you mentioned. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay.
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I couldn't find a nicer hotel in the area and I can believe that this place is the best of the lot, based on the reviews. It's utilitarian and performs up to expectations...

It's as clean as it could be, the desk staff were helpful, and the rooms are adequately furnished and well maintained.

If you're going to a nearby golf event or a Mets game or just getting off the highway, this is a good option. The coffee wasn't too good but there's a Starbucks nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
pgilray, General Manager at Residence Inn Port St. Lucie, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear L. Frank, Guest satisfaction is our number one priority and by reading your review, I am glad to notice that we exceeded your expectations. As you mentioned, we're very close to PGA Village and Tradition Field where the New York Mets play. Thank you so much for your review and I will share it with our staff. We will be looking forward to see you in Port St. Lucie on your next trip.

Been to Residence Inn Port St. Lucie? Share your experiences!