“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Port Saint Joe
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

We stayed at the Mainstay over Labor Day Weekend and it was a great experience. The staff was professional, the rooms were spotless, and the Mainstay is pet friendly! We plan on making our trip to Port St. Joe an annual trip and plan on staying at the Mainstay next year.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

The staff at Main Stay were extremely nice to my family and friends that came from GA. My sister and her husband Sheryl Gay and Mark Gay live in Port St. Joe and there house burned down and I lost my nephew in the fire on May 17th. Main Stay opened there doors to us and we stayed for 3 days. I am truly grateful.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Southwest Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2008

We went to Port St. Joe to do some scalloping. This hotel is not right in town, but it was fine for us since we were on the bay the whole time. The outside and inside was clean. The staff was friendly. The continental breakfast was good (typical continental fare). We got a room with 2 queen beds with a partition between. This was great because there was a little bit of privacy but we got to split the bill. It was roomy...there was even a couch in there. We also had a kitchenette that would have been sufficient if we wanted to cook some scallops. I would stay here again for a short trip.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2008

I got married in Port St. Joe in October of 2007. I contacted MainStay Suites to inquire about blocking rooms for my wedding party and guests. They were so helpful and blocked off a number of rooms for me. They also handed out wedding favors when guests came to check in. Their staff is friendly and the rooms are clean and spacious. They have different styles to choose from which was wonderful for my guests! Port St. Joe is a beautiful town on the bay and with a quaint charm. I was very please with how they treated my guest.

• Liked — Fast
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2008

I travel all over Florida working construction. This was the first extended stay hotel I have stayed at where I didn't feel like I was away from home. The staff was very attentive and breakfast was a nice touch. I couldnt believe the size of my room for the price it was huge. Next Job i get close to here I am comming back.

• Liked — Attentive Staff, The Guest Reception free food and drink!
  • Disliked — Kind of hard to find from the road.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2008

This hotel looks great on the outside but please be advised that it is gross and unclean on the inside. The toliet ran for the whole 3 days we were there and the staff seemed to not even care about our complaints. We even spoke to the "Manager" which was a joke because all he did was laugh at us. My husband and I travel all year round and have never been so disrespected by a hotelier. My husband was also offered alcohol to "help smooth things over" which is so unprofessional. Will NEVER stay here again. Beware of these bad people and dirty hotel.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — The whole experience
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
MainStayGM, Manager at Mainstay Suites, responded to this review, February 10, 2008
As the General Manager of the MainStay Suites in Port St. Joe, I take these comments very seriously. I have attempted to contact this guest, provided them with my email address and cell phone number to discuss the issues they experienced, and have not heard anything back in over a week. To address these issues: 1. We are certainly not perfect, but we take a lot of pride in the cleanliness and condition of our hotel, In fact, just this past week, we received all "A's" on our Quality Assurance Review administered by an unbiased 3rd party. 2. My staff receives extensive guest service training and are all empowered to solve any issues that arise. 3. I have never "laughed" at a guest, and the only alcohol that is on property is for our complimentary guest reception every Tuesday evening, and yes, we do "offer" it to our guests, although not as a problem solver. 4. Bad people and a dirty hotel...I invite anyone to come and see for themselves, we are the #1 ranked MainStay Suites in the past 12 months when it comes to "LikelyHood to Recommend", and rank in the top 1% of all Choice Hotels Properties.
Destin, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2008

Stayed here while on a scalloping trip to St. Joe Bay. Great experience. Clean rooms, great breakfast. The pool was nice for cooling off after a long-day on the water.

Would recommend to a friend.

Stayed August 2007

Been to Mainstay Suites? Share your experiences!