“Good Seafood, but must love oysters and shrimp” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Good Seafood, but must love oysters and shrimp”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2007

The Indian Pass Raw Bar is great. The oysters and shrimp are wonderful. However, there are not many other things on the menu, but they do have a few things for the kids, like a corndog. We go to the Raw Bar every time we are in the area, and have had some of the best oysters we have ever eaten. On one occassion, we did get some steamed shirmp that were a bit too salty for my taste, but that has been the exception instead of the rule.

The Raw Bar is clean and has a great atmosphere. The service is a bit slower, but what is the rush. If you take the time to find this place, sit back and enjoy it.

There is a large selection of beer. We have only been at lunch time and mid-afternoon. However, we have been past there in around dinner/evening, and things get pretty crowded. Due to the "bar" nature of the restaurant, you may want to consider going at lunch or afternoon if you are taking the kids.

If you love oysters, this is the place to go.

Greenville, Kentucky
“best restaurant experience of the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2007

This place was great! Very relaxed. My only complaint was that the bowls they serve the gumbo in weren't big enough!!! It was so good, I would have preferred a feed sack full of the stuff strapped around my neck. It was that good. My Husband and son had the oysters, and they loved them. My daughter had a hamburger and said it was the best! I can see what some of the other reviewers were talking about with the lax service, but to my family, that's part of the place's charm. If you can't get laid back enough to enjoy a place like this, you should probably go somewhere else. But the food is definitely worth it. And as for the cleanliness issue, the food was served in disposable tableware and it was prepared right in front of you--not the case in your average fast food restaurant. Yes, there was sand on the floor, but my family was probably one of the countless families that have come there straight from the beach, and they don't even mind. This restaurant is one of the main reasons we like the cape for our beach vacations!

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best food around, no frills fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2007

Great food, no frills, fun place. They were out of some of the items on the menu which only left a few choices. None of the people in our party had ever tried oysters but some of us left there wishing we had tried them. Everyone seemed to be enjoying them so much! I had the gumbo, which was fabulous!! The steamed shrimp was very good. The kids really liked the hamburger and the hot dog and they are very picky and rarely like anything but Cincinnati Skyline chili or Burger King. I loved the relaxed atmosphere. You serve yourself drinks out of the cooler and then tell the cashier what you had when you leave. I don't know if it was an oversight, but they didn't charge us for the kids dinners. It was less than $50 for 5 people. We had a gumbo, a pound and a half of steamed shrimp, a hamburger, a hot dog, 4 beers, 4 sodas and all the crackers and hot sauce you can eat. I may go back tomorrow for the baked oysters.

Pensacola, Florida
“NOT IMPRESSED”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2007

On our recent trip to the area, we decided to eat at the Indian Pass Raw Bar, based on the good reviews wriiten here about this establishment. Neither myself or my wife were very impressed with this place. It's hard to enjoy your dining experience, when there is no one in control, waitresses with tobacco juice running down there chin and cleanliness something only read about in a book. I realize that we may have just been there at a bad time, but after a few minutes here we left and went elsewhere. I love the fell of a down home place, but this place is over the limit.

Tampa
“Best Baked Oyster in the World”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2006

Yipppeeee, they are finally open again, we cant wait to visit the new and improved version. This place has the best baked oyster anywhere, they bake them in pizza oven with real butter and serve them with thick texas toast. It is an unbelieveable treat and the area of Cape San Blas and Port St. Joes is breathtaking. Also, what I like is, if you are a Seminole (FSU) fan, you have to pay more,,,heheheh! We havent been since their reopening, after the hurricane but we cant wait ti check out the new Gator Floor!!! You will love this place!