“Awful Customer Service!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Calhoun, Georgia
“Awful Customer Service!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced! I called in a to-go order for a pizza and was told it would be ready in 15 minutes, I arrived 10-15 minutes later expecting it to be ready or close to it but had to wait at the restaurant for an additional 30 minutes before it was brought out to me! I was told by a server that it turned into a longer wait because AFTER I called in my order a large party walked in. So basically even though my order was place first, before this party even walked into the restaurant, it got pushed aside because all they cared about was getting a tip out of the large party! When they finally brought me my pizza after 3x the quoted wait time, I asked if I could have a sprite to-go bc my pregnant wife just texted me asking if I could bring one back with the pizza and was told it would be $5! I asked the server if she could just make it on the house since I just had to wait 30 minutes over what I was told it would take and she said no, it's $5! I honestly couldn't believe that, they obviously don't care about their customers, all they care about is money! They have no clue what good customer service is! Steer clear of this place, I even called after I left and spoke with the manager to express my concerns and he didn't care one bit, which is why I decided to write this review, because people need to know that they have a crappy view on customer service, and on top of that they are extremely overpriced! My pizza was $18 and was the size of a small pizza from any other pizza place. You have been warned, avoid Joe Mama's!!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Florence, Alabama
“Best Pizza on the Gulf Coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Joe Mama's has the best pizza I have had on the Gulf Coast. They have a location in Tallahassee always that is just as good as this gem in Port Saint Joe.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cumming, Georgia
“Great pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I just have to shake my head at some of the more negative reviews of this restaurant. This is fantastic pizza - nice thin crust, fresh toppings and more than adequate size to feed 2 people. Every time we vacation in the area, Joe Mamas is definitely on the must have list of restaurants to visit! It is one of best pizzas that Ive ever had!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bayside, Wisconsin
“Very good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Our family of 5 really enjoyed our dinner. Yes, we had to wait...it was a Thursday night during spring break but...it was worth the wait. The service was friendly and they did great considering how busy it was. The big bowl of salad assembled table side was a nice touch, the pizza was excellent and the dessert was wonderful. We didn't see any other restaurants in town that would compare.

Greenville, South Carolina
“Too bad they can not get their act togethe!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We are visiting for Easter break and chose this place to eat after Maundy Thursday service based in recommendations. The food was good however the service was horrible. We had to wait over half hour so they could accommodate our large party however they had 2 to 4 people sitting at tables for eight. They were out of wings. They could not give us separate checks for our parties because we chose to split up and sit at different tables. We will not go back unless it's our only option

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
JoeMamas, Owner at Joe Mama's Wood Fired Pizza, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thanks for sharing your viewpoint on TripAdvisor and for visiting our restaurant. What you failed to mention in your review was that you had a party of 16. Our restaurant seats 54 in the dining room and our policy is to seat on a first come first served basis. We feel a party of two that has been waiting is just as important as a party of 10....nobody likes waiting. Regarding split tickets it is common practice in many restaurants to require large parties to be on one check. We did not do this and gave you several options as to how to handle the check(s). When you have children at two different tables and adults at a third table we simply could not split the checks in 5 ways as you requested....it would have tied service up just trying to figure it out. Your party of 16 was seated in a half an hour and served food within 10 minutes of being sat. You were seated at 7:45 and your meal was completed by 8:30. We don't feel that is bad service.