“Sushi in Port Richey” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Maryland
“Sushi in Port Richey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Excellent Sushi in a little restaurant hidden away in a fading strip mall. Always enjoy going to Kazus, both for the food and the informal, relaxed feel.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

90% Recommend
london
“nice fresh food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Most of the food around Port Richey is of the chain restaurant variety. This place prepares nice fresh sushi for your table. It is more of a cafe type restaurant but is perfectly adequate for what it is. The hot sake was a bargain at $5 a jug.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Port Richey, Florida, United States
“It's average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I moved here from New York five years ago, and I've eaten here a dozen times b/c it's so close to home, Sushi is fresh, but tastes just average. The roll choices are limited, and depending on who is making them vary in "generosity"/Size/Portion. Definitely not bad, but far from our favorite.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Smithtown, New York
“They hold my loyalty and never disappoint me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I have been to many sushi places throughout Florida especially in the Tampa area and the only one that never lets me down is this little place in this lonely parking lot. Kazus is a diamond in the rough. I absolutely love everything I have ever ate there. It is always fresh, has a fun presentation, and they have a wall behind the sushi bar with a menu of things I have never had anywhere else. I mostly dine out but if you chose to dine in it was a very cute little place. With it being little that may be a challenge for a large party but in my experience from looking around when I pick up my food there is always room in there. I love Kazus sushi.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“The hidden restaurant people always hope they'll find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I used to go to school in the area and whenever I'm back for a visit I always have to stop at Kazu's. It is a little pricy, but not bad at all for a sushi place. The Firecracker sushi and their Spicy Tuna Donburi are my absolute favorites. The staff is always friendly and will joke around with us.
It's definitely a great place to meet up with old friends and enjoy a night out catching up and eating great food.

• Visited November 2011