“Will not pay to stay here.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Suites Port Richey

You added Days Inn & Suites Port Richey to your Saves list
Days Inn & Suites Port Richey
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   10826 US Highway 19, Port Richey, FL 34668 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Port Richey
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Will not pay to stay here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The young man at the reception desk was as helpful as he could be.
The first room that we were given was a two bed room. It smelled like cooking cabbage and sulfur (I know what my impression was however maybe someone likes cabbage soup and boiled eggs). The room that we had reserved was supposed to sleep 6. Unless three people were expected to sleep in each standard size beds this would not be possible.

Because of the heavy smells we waited outside the room until my husband could speak with someone at the reception desk. When he came back we were to move to a room overlooking the pool and a private balcony. This room was much better and the people going in and out of these rooms seemed a lot less interested in what we were doing and they were not congregated together as they had been behind the building where our first room was located.

It was mentioned this room was a free upgrade. I am not sure how moving into a room with the sleeping accommodations we reserved is an upgrade.

The new room was run down ... The hotel itself is run down and not in a great location as far as the surroundings however with this room we did feel safer coming from and going to the vehicle. The room itself is not particularly comfortable in the bed category. The shower had mold and stains to an extent that was not acceptable (in humid areas I can understand a room that has not been used to possibly get a little mold however this was half way up the tile wall). There were bugs around the bathroom sinks and in the kitchenette type area. The sheets had stains on them. There were two towels in a room that accommodates 6 and no sheets, pillows, or blankets for the fold out bed. The young man in the lobby gave us what he had which was 2 towels and sheets.

Because we had traveled 10 hours with small children we decided we had to get some rest as we had to be up early and knew the day would not end before 11 PM the next day.

The next morning we discovered that water would stand in the bathtub for about an hour and that the larger bugs lived around the baseboard area of the room. And no the water pressure is not good. Breakfast was the standard for this level of hotel.

We got everyone ready and headed out to our destination. When we returned around midnight we found our new bug friends waiting and killed as many as possible. We checked our towels to make sure they had dried since we did not receive any others and exhausted climbed into bed knowing we had the 10 hour drive back home.

Needless to say now that we are home with headaches from lack of sleep in uncomfortable beds located in a rather dirty feeling room and the idea of bugs (it is Florida and near the water so I am not surprised to see a bug or two however when they are out enough I am wrapping covering and trying to protect form them you can believe there was a true bug issue) we evaluated our trip and came to the general consensus that tired or not this hotel with the exception of the young man at the desk is not worth the hard earned money we pay to expect a clean moderately comfortable place to sleep.

You get what you pay for does not give any hotel a right to take the money we work for and expect us to deal with this hotels conditions. I keep my home clean and I expect the same when I must sleep in a place that is not my home and I have paid for it. I also don't expect to have to spend extra time bringing such obvious issues to any Managements attention .... I work in a customer service industry and I understand if Management doesn't know than they can't fix it however at no time should I have to point out that bugs, mold, stains on sheets are issues along with 4 towels (if theft is this big of an issue than there truly is an issue with the safety of this place). I should also not have to explain that a room with a fold out bed should have sheets, blankets and pillows for this accommodation.

My answer to these issues and lack of being pro-active for the guests/customers is that I will not go back to this hotel during my future visits to this area (as we have family that recently bought a retirement home in the area we will be visiting often and for longer periods of time along with Busch Gardens season passes). I will spend my money where it is understood that I pay to have a clean and reasonably comfortable stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Reservation and check was smooth. Robert pm desk clerk efficient , could use a smile.
Eddie am desk was effective and personable. Dee was an excellent housekeeper...very personable effective and quick to respond to any of our requests. Dee found a purse (with cash in it) my wife left in room upon check out....Dee gave bag to Eddie and I was called to return to pick it up. Very refreshing to find such great staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

ManagerPortRichey, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Port Richey, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know we are doing a good job! We appreciate your staying with us and hope to see you again on your next visit.
Nashua, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Okay, here's the bottom line: Don't stay here. Where do I begin...since I was only going to be in Port Richey for four days, I'm thinking, it's not going to all that bad. WRONG! First night check in and all's well. Leave in the morning, come back late that night and the room hadn't been clean. The front desk guy was very polite and moved me to another room. While it was clean, the people in the next room stepped out every half hour to smoke and curse. Night three, asked to be moved again, and Eddie, the front desk person did not appear to understand the concept that all, I wanted was a clean quiet room. Finally got a suite, which is a hotel room with towels that don't have cigarette burns in them. This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. There are so many hotels on US Highway 19, and my advice would be to stay at on of them

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
ManagerPortRichey, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Port Richey, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you took the time to review our property. Our guests comfort is of utmost importance to us. We are saddened that we were unable to provide you with that on your stay. It would have been helpful to have alerted us to the neighboring rooms activites at the time it was going on- We would have handled that matter immediately. We are sorry that our attempts to rectify the situations were unsuccessful. We hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again on your next visit to our area.

Been to Days Inn & Suites Port Richey? Share your experiences!