“Nice People Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Suites Port Richey

You added Days Inn & Suites Port Richey to your Saves list
Days Inn & Suites Port Richey
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   10826 US Highway 19, Port Richey, FL 34668 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Port Richey
Minneapolis
“Nice People Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2007

I stayed for a week in September and another week in November, and will be returning in January. I stay in what is called a "king suite", which is one room with a sofa, kitchen sink and cabinets, microwave and small refrigerator. It is reasonably clean and comfortable but not fancy. My only complaint about the room is poor lighting. The pool and hot tub are nice and groundskeeping is very good. I've had excellent wireless internet, but I understand that some rooms far from the office have poorer connections. The office has a computer and printer that are free for limited guest use. The breakfast is very adequate but not fancy or much variety. Coffee is available at all hours. All the staff have been very friendly and accomodating.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Room lighting
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
tucson az
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2007

Room was very clean. Bed was comfortable but a little on the hard side. There was free wireless internet service, but no other amenities in the room. No coffee maker, refrigerator or microwave. Good budget accomodations for this area.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — lack of amenities in room
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2006

A typical 2* motel. Exterior corridors, small room, open area with rod for hanging clothes, tiny room with bathtub and toilet, and heavily bleached sheets and thin towels.

Our room was clean. Local phone calls were free. Internet access in lobby. Basic continental breakfast. Nice front desk staff, maids, and weekday breakfast staff, but poor weekend breakfast staff. We got a quiet location on a deadend hall (room 136). The rooms facing the pool would be noisy until 10pm and there is heavy traffic on Hwy 19, so front facing rooms would also be noisy.

Has a pool, hottub, and fitness room, but we did not use.

Hwy 19 is very busy divided highway. We sometimes had to wait a long time to pull onto the road or to make a U-turn on the road to reach the motel. Not really anything within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2006
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2005

I thought I felt some security in booking a " Holiday Inn Express" hotel room but this place was a complete dive! I will start by saying that our beds were actually okay - sheets appeared to be clean. As for the rest of the place, we will never stay here again. The room was outdated and completely dirty. The carpet was filthy - our socks were gross after walking around on it for only an hour or so, and it needed a good vacuum. The grout in the bathroom and kitchen was light grey around the edges but in the middle was totally black. The bathroom toilet kept clogging, the bathroom fixtures were so old that the "metal" was flaking off. The bathroom itself was not clean. We found several hairs and even what appeared to be toothpaste smears in the sink and on the vanity giving us the opinon that the room had not really been cleaned. The vanity mirror was so old and the edges were faded. There was also a strange hole in the wall covered by a 6 foot tall mirror. It gave us the creeps and our kids were worried all night! The walls needed new paint. They were white and you could see dirty finger prints, smudges and so on just about everywhere. The popcorn ceiling had patches and rips in it making us wonder if the pipes were going to fall out upon us. The border was falling off in some areas. The kitchen table even had some mystery smears on it. My kids couldn't wait to leave and neither could we. Gross, gross, gross. We needed a shower after showering at this place!! The only thing nice I have to say is the woman at the front desk was really sweet and the women who worked the breakfast did bring muffins to a man who got there a few minutes past the alloted time. I hope this helps you. We were totally floored at how old and nasty this place was! In fact, I am writing a letter to Holiday Inn! Yuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2004
Ljubljana, Slovenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2005

When arriving at this HIE I was told my room is not there for me. Before I could utter anything it was explained to me that a team of hockey players had booked the entire hotel and I was upgraded to a suite. Great! A suite for just 50$. I was anxious about the noise 100 youngsters make, but it turned out great. Even the breakfast area was adjusted to cater for such a large crowd. I have very nice memories of my stay at this HIE in Port Richey. I hope I will come by again one day.

Been to Days Inn & Suites Port Richey? Share your experiences!