“Our stay in Florida” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Port Richey

You added Howard Johnson Port Richey to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Port Richey
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11810 US 19, Port Richey, FL 34668 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Port Richey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I loved my stay.. Everybody that works their went above and beyond expectations. The property was clean. The pool was very clean. The maintanance man was very thorough and helpfull. Front desk clerk was super friendly.

• Stayed March 2013
HowardJohnsonPR, Manager at Howard Johnson Port Richey, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review of our property! We love to hear great things about our staff because they are the best and come to work everyday to make your stay an enjoyable one. We hope you come stay with us again real soon!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

It was late and I had an important meeting the next day. I was given a room that smelled like paint, smoke, and animal. I brought my own pillow and fan, so I thought I was tired enough to sleep through it. I woke up sick with my lungs burning.

Room Tip: Check your room first and take a deep breath. Check the carpet to see if it's sticky.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your time to respond about your stay on our Trip Advisor page. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We have recently painted our rooms as part of our continuous effort to update the property. We have taken the appropriate measures to address this issue so that it does not occur again in the future. Thank you again for being our guest and we hope to see you back soon.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

While being in FL to visit my grandfather in hospice care I stayed in Rm 220 for one night. Sindi was very accomodating when I was originally in a room that was next to a family with a lot of kids and loud television noise. She immediately moved me to a room on the other side of the motel. Parking was directly under the room, everything was clean, and the breakfast was the same as when I have stayed in a Hampton Inn. While it's not a luxurious hotel - the service was far better than the Days Inn down the street that I left while watching the desk clerk be rude to an elderly couple. When I got home last night I realized I left my glasses and called the desk - they have them and we have made arrangemnets to have them sent back here up north. It was clean, safe, and the service was good. I don't think you can ask for more at such an affordable price!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
thanks for your review of our Howard Johnon hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We strive to make all of our guest feel welcomed when they are away from home. Thank you again for being our guest and we hope you come stay with us real soon!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I booked this hotel through Hotwire and they did refund me and book me another hotel. If you know anything about them you know they don't refund,that's how BAD it was! This is my first bad review of a hotel so I'm not the kind to pick over nothing. I checked in on 3-26-13 and going into the room found a 2x4 half on the bed and half on the floor with nails sticking out as if someone tried to kill another human being in a bar fight. Then the head board was ripped off,no drawers on the dresser that were not broken,filth on the floor all over,bed bugs and best of all,ROACHES crawling out of the fridge! I called Hotwire and they called the front desk who said I was lying that they did not have a roach problem. Luckily I took pictures of the room and marched them down to the front desk and had it out with the lying front desk woman! Don't risk your life by staying there!

Room Tip: They offered to give me another room but once a German roach is on the property you will bring them...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Southernicetea, It is very disheartening to learn of your issues while staying at our Howard Johnson Hotel. I can assure you that we have taken all appropriate measures to correct the situation during your stay and have ensured that our hotel remains without any infestation after careful inspection from our certified pest control company.
We take situations like this very seriously and treat each case very importantly. I can ensure that we have taken extreme measures to be certain no guest will encounter this problem.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

While visiting family in the Port Richey area I stayed in Room 118 for three nights. The lobby and breakfast room were newly renovated and bright. Service was good and I was able to park just outside my room two of the three nights. The room itself , while clean, was a little overdue for renovation. Although I didn't use them, there was a microwave and small refrigerator in the room. The heater worked well when I needed it (always disconcerting in Florida). On the negative side the door communicating with the next room let in conversations on occasion, the television remote skipped channels, and the sink had no plug. Overall I was comfortable in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
The cold weather in Florida is always disconcerting for us as well! It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us during your time in Port Richey. Having the ability to park your vehicle close to your room is also comforting for some. We hope to see you in Port Richey again soon!

Been to Howard Johnson Port Richey? Share your experiences!