“Had a birthday party here” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 85 Restaurants in Port Richey
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Rediscover the Great American Steakhouse tonight at Harold Seltzer's. Located in the heart of St. Petersburg, the Original Seltzer's Steakhouse is back with excellent food, friendly service and roaring fireplaces for a guaranteed good time.Join us for date night or a family outing and enjoy delicious steaks, seafood and homemade sides in our classic and cozy atmosphere. Our extensive lunch, dinner and late night menus offer a variety of dishes including our hand cut steaks that are perfectly aged (35+ days), flame broiled and lightly spiced for better flavor and tenderness. We also feature weekly specials and a daily happy hour at our full bar with specialty cocktails, draft and bottled beer and a wide selection of wines.Please visit our website for a full menu and additional information on takeout, delivery, catering and private party availability. From everyone at Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse, we welcome you to our family and hope you enjoy your time with us as much as we enjoy serving you!
“Had a birthday party here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Party of ten with one server actually worked out pretty good. She was able to keep up. Onion ring appetizer wasn't that great. The steaks were really good. I was actually surprised. Will defiantly be back. Worth trying out if your in the area.

Harold2727, Owner at Harold Seltzer's Steak House, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
I am so glad that your Birthday Party of 10 at our steakhouse was such a success!
We look forward to you and your friends and family returning soon (and often).

Hudson, Florida
“Still our go to place for great food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Well I guess I sound like a broken record, we had an early dinner at Harold Seltzer's last night and I gotta tell ya it never get's old. We expect great food and they deliver every time. I ate a late lunch and wasn't real hungry so I ordered the Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail and a beer. My wife had the Wings, our friends had the Baby-back Ribs and the featured Lamb Chops. All of our meals were great! Our server, Travis was new to us, but very attentive and sensed that we were there just to hang out and talk. Travis timed his visits to our booth just right. The Manager visited our table and made us feel so welcome.
Harold's is simply a great local Restaurant, very classy and very comfortable.
Thank you so much.

Visited April 2014
Roy,
Can't thank you enough for the great review and your high praise of our food, ambiance, service and management. I will be sure to convey your compliments to Travis your server.

We look forward to exceeding your expectations and hosting you for many years to come!

“Just Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We had a party for my parents' 75th wedding anniversary. First an hour for hors d'oeuvres and mingling, then a GREAT selection of entrees, followed by REALLY good cakes. The waiters couldn't have been nicer, allowing time for a blessing before the meal and little speeches between courses. A large television played a slide show of pictures (from when my parents were dating in 1938 to 2014) the whole time. It was a special day for my parents and a good time for all.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Betty,
We are so delighted that the celebration of your parents' 75th Wedding Anniversary-WOW!-was such a smashing success and that all of your guests and especially your parents-God Bless them!-had such a great time.
We truly look forward to hosting you, your friends, and family for many years to come. On special occasions and always. Just like the old ad about Florida OJ not being 'just for breakfast anymore', while we excel at special occasions, we are a great place for lunch or dinner and are proud to provide outstanding food and service all the time. After all, isn't every day 'special'?
Many thanks.
Harold Seltzer
Brooksville, Florida
“Total Disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

My partner and I returned to Harold Seltzer's in February 2014, after thoroughly enjoying our first visit in September 2013. At that time, he had ordered the rack of lamb and I had the filet kebobs.
He loved the lamb and I raved about the kebabs. They were cooked to perfection, tender and
very tasty. As a matter of fact, I couldn't get them out of my mind. We both remarked that we would love to return, which we did in February, but with a very different outcome. This time he decided to order the Calamari and I wanted to experience my filet kebabs again. My first disappointment was with the salad. It did not taste fresh and I ended up eating it, but not enjoying it. I had ordered my kebabs medium and stated pink to the waiter. What I was served was medium rare and the kebabs were not cut from a filet portion of meat. I sent them back to be cooked longer hoping they would be more tender, but they weren't. We had already been there so long I didn't want to wait any longer, so I decided to take them home and cook them myself. Fortunately, my partner was happy with his Calamari. I was disappointed that I could not enjoy the meal that I so enjoyed five months ago, but I believe that this restaurant has many
inconsistencies and that there is a lack of quality control. I do not believe that we will be returning to this restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Wendy,
I am happy that your partner was pleased with their meal but sorry you were disappointed on your recent return visit and that your lamb was not cooked as ordered. If your meat wasn't tender, which can happen occasionally despite the care we take in purchasing and aging our beef, I wish you had given us the opportunity to give you a new portion rather than cooking the one served longer [which tends to make meat less flavorful and tender rather than more so].
Since you were so delighted with your initial visit, please give us another opportunity to prove to you that your first visit was the 'norm' and your last was the 'exception'. We would like to 'wow' you!
Please also feel free to call me or email me personally to make your reservation for you next time.
Port Richey, Florida
“ASHLEY was our server”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We have had the privilege to have Ashley serve us, on several occasions. She is an excellent server and attended to our request promptly and courteously.

• Visited March 2014