“Great Place to Stay 45 minutes from Busch Gardens” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Port Richey
Stratham, New Hampshire
“Great Place to Stay 45 minutes from Busch Gardens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

Decided on this hotel based on previous reviews and we were not disappointed. It was well worth the additional travel time to Busch Gardens. We travelled with another family and Anita went out of her way to put us on the same floor even though we had a late arrival due to travel delays (midnight). She was also very helpful with making recommendations for beaches in the area and things to do. At her recommendation we took a short drive to Tarpon Springs and went shopping at the Sponge Docks and to the beach just south of there at Howard Park. Thanks for the great ideas Anita.
The photos on the Hilton website are exactly what to expect. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. We stayed at this hotel for five nights and were very comfortable in the 2 queen suite with our 2 boys. You definitely need to schedule some down time at the pool area. Our children said this is their favorite suite hotel yet and we always stay at Homewood or Embassy Suites. For those of you trying to save money while travelling, the hot breakfast served everyday and the afternoon managers reception Monday through Thursday are definitely an added benefit to staying here. You can expect home-made type meals with friendly staff who go out of their way to please. Coffee is available 24 hours a day. Make sure to say hello to Brenda in the morning.
The only recommendation we made to management upon our departure is the temperature in the heated pool and the hot tub could be a little warmer at this time of the year.
Anita and Brenda, your friendly and cheerful personalities made our stay extra-special.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
HWSTPR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Tampa-Port Richey, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
Thank You so much for your glowing review of our hotel!!! I have already shared it with our Team (especially Anita and Brenda)!! We have a great Team that enjoys taking care of our guests, and it is a pleasure for me to share compliments like yours with them!!! We look forward to seeing you all again, and this time the heated pool and hot tub should be nice and toasty!!

Robert Knauff, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Smyrna, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

I agree with the reviewer below. The hotel was very nice. Spacious room, big kitchenette, clean facility, courteous staff. The pools - luxurious! We never felt unsafe even though the neighborhood looked a little rough and even saw an guard patroling the lot. The location is a busy, divided highway and bit farther north than we anticipated. Again very nice overall.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
HWSTPR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Tampa-Port Richey, responded to this review, February 28, 2011
My Team and I would like to thank you for your kind words about our facility and our service!! In addition to giving our guests top-notch service, we also make our guests safety and security our number one priority. We thank you again and hope to see you again in the near future!!!

Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

I could stay here again but would never revisit the ugly,dangerous US HWY 19 corridor where it is located. The hotel is newish, spotless,rooms large, and well appointed, quiet, a great mattress. On M-Th they have happy hour as well as a light dinner gratis. The overall value far exceeded what we paid. Probably your best bet if you MUST stay in the area but not a destination choice for touring.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
HWSTPR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Tampa-Port Richey, responded to this review, February 7, 2011
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel!! We are saddened that the hotel's location will deter you from staying with us again, but we are glad that we were able to make your time in this area more pleasant. We hope that should you find yourself in the Port Richey area again, you will consider us as your second home!!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

Great hotel, I would stay here only, no where else in New Port Richey. This is a safe hotel, very clean. I stayed here for a week on business and found it the home away from home. I would definitely stay here again. I looked at several other hotesl but none matched safe area, cleanliness and friendly staff. Fitness center was small but very clean and good. Don't stay anywhere else in NPR-especially other hilton properties or the Quality inn or sleep inn, they are nothing like this place. Breakfast was free also-VERY NICE!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel and our Team!! The safety and comfort of our guests is something we take very seriously because we truly want to be (as you so perfectly phrased it) your home away from home. We all look forward to seeing you again during your next visit!!

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Stayed two nights while visiting relatives in the area. Clean and fresh rooms, comfortable beds, kitchenettes, everything you need! So glad to have this alternative when my inlaws have a full house. Wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
HWSTPR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Tampa-Port Richey, responded to this review, October 27, 2010
Thank you for your kind words!!! My Team will love to read this review, and we can't wait to have you stay with us again!!!

Redmond, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for three weeks during a consulting project for an organization in the Port Richey-Hudson area. My stay was reserved at this facility by the organization, so I did not have any say in the lodging. After having spent the few weeks in this area, I was glad that I wound up at this property, because - at least outwardly - it was the best in the area.

The facility seems fairly new (from discussions with local residents, it has been around for about a year). It is largely quite immaculate and in good shape. It also seems pretty secure - with one slight exception that I will discuss later - and is exceedingly quiet. I had a suite on the second floor, facing the pool. Even when people were using the pool facilities, I could not hear them. Nor could I hear the traffic from nearby US-19, although it seemed that the building was set far back just enough that ambient traffic noise wouldn't have been an issue.

The suite was mostly clean and in good working order. The kitchenette provided just enough amenities for a guest to make light meals. Air conditioning worked like a dream (very important in the high humidity), and was easy to use and adjust. The living area and bedroom were functional and appointed nicely. Decor and colors in the room were also very pleasing. The bed was exceedingly comfortable, so a good night's sleep was easily achieved. The bathroom was spacious, and the adjacent vanity area provided ample room to get ready for the day. The only real quirk - and minor inconvenience - was the suite's closet. It was situated next to the vanity and bathroom, and although it had a double-sliding door, one of the doors slid behind a wall, so in reality you only had unimpeded access to one-half of the full closet. So, one had to kind of arrange clothes, luggage, etc. in such a way as to put the less-used items back in the portion of the closet that was behind the wall.

Housekeeping services seemed to be slightly inconsistent during my stay. I usually only took housekeeping every other day since I wasn't using the suite in such a way where daily service was needed. At any rate, some days you could tell just to the eye that the housekeeper did a pretty thorough job - even if the suite didn't need it. Other days, it looked as though the housekeeper just blitzed through the room quick enough to make the bed and replace towels. One consistently weak issue, though, was that I am not certain that the suite was vacuumed at all at any time in the duration of my stay. On the first couple of nights - and even into the third week - I was stepping on bits of glass and other debris in the carpet that clearly preceded my stay. I thought this to be a strange oversight, particularly in observing the overzealous maintenance man who was vacuuming the hallways and main areas of the property at least a couple of times daily.

The facility provides complimentary daily breakfast. The hot, "entree" items run in a cycle, while there are always "staples" (waffles, cereals, fruit, yogurt, juices) that stay the same. It is an excellent service, and provides a very satisfactory meal to start the day. They also offer a complimentary light dinner service on Mondays through Thursdays. I had these meals a few times during my stay, and they varied more in quality than the breakfast offerings. But, it was a nice service for the property to provide.

The pool facilities seemed clean and in good working order. However, the guest laundry facilities were in need of repair throughout my entire stay. Both available washers mostly did their jobs. However, only 1 of the 2 available dryers was in operation all three weeks. But the 1 that was in operation barely worked at all; it frequently took 2 to 3 paid 30-minute cycles - regardless of load size - to get one's clothes dry enough. I know I was not the only guest to ask about maintenance of those dryers, because it was almost wasting a lot of money to run laundry. I never got a response from the front desk staff to suggest that this was an issue that would be resolved promptly, which didn't make a lot of sense.

Customer service at the property was a little inconsistent. The absolute best service was provided by the breakfast staff. They were always friendly to all guests, made a point to at least greet everyone coming in - if not chatting briefly with those of us who were there on longer stays. The front desk staff was wildly inconsistent. Sometimes they were very pleasant, sometimes they were largely indifferent or acted as though guests were disturbing them from something else. The main issue I experienced was that - particularly in the evenings - the front desk clerk was nowhere to be found for long periods of time. The first time it came to my attention was on a Saturday evening when I went to use the business center, which is just off the lobby. In the 20 minutes I was there, nobody was at the desk - and the reason I could tell was because the phones were ringing ceaselessly without being answered. On a couple of other occasions, I went to recharge my laundry card or check on something else, and had to wait 5 to 10 minutes for assistance, as the clerk was not in the immediate area, and not (to the best of my knowledge) in the back office. I do not expect that the clerk would always be immediately behind the desk, but it was clear they weren't even sitting back in their office. That was the issue I alluded to above that detracted from the overall security of the property, as anyone could have walked through the main doors and gone throughout the property whether they were a guest or not.

Aside from the minor maintenance and customer service issues, my stay at this property was very pleasant. If I were to return to this area for additional business or leisure, I would still stay at this property without hesitation. Again, in comparison with other properties in the area, this was by far the best.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
HWSTPR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Tampa-Port Richey, responded to this review, September 8, 2010
Thank you so much for your comments and business!! I have read your review to my entire Team, and we are focusing on ways to improve the level of service based on this review. I and my Team want to apologize for any of the inconsistencies you experienced during your stay with us. We take great pride in our service level and will be working to ensure all departments are consistent in giving our guests a "Wow" experience. I have also purchased brand-new vacuums for all of my Suitekeepers so our carpets should be immaculate. I have contacted the company that installed our washers and dryers as well to rectify any issues with the dryers. Again, thank you for your review, and we do hope to see you again during your travels to the area!!!
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

We were in this part of FL because we wanted to visit Homossassa Spring Park. A definite must for families and others who enjoy animals and the outdoors. This is the closes Homewood Suites to this park which was about 45 minutes away. While the hotel is right on Rt 19, once you step inside you feel you are transported to a luxury resort. The lobby, the rooms (we had a studio Suite) and the pool area are very well appointed. There are 2 pools and a spa. While the breakfast and evening managers meals are not as expansive as in past Homewood Suites we've stayed in, we realize that the economy has had an impact on everyone, they were still good and filling. Except for the noisy AC unit, our stay was wonderful. We requested a room change when we arrive because we wanted a quieter location and we were accommodated with out a problem. A pleasant, helpful staff made for an enjoyable stay. Homewood Suites are always a good place to stay whether on business or pleasure. They are always our first choice when we make hotel reservations anywhere.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Tampa-Port Richey? Share your experiences!