This was our second time staying at this hotel. When we first stayed in Nov 2009, the hotel was very new. Everything was very clean and in great condition. Unfortunately, we did not have very good service. For example, we arrived back at the hotel just after midnight one night and our key did not open the front lobby door. We rang the buzzer for almost 20 minutes before a desk clerk finally let us in. They didn't seem very concerned and nobody even apologized. When we decided to stay there again on this trip, we hoped that since they've now been open for a while, they have better staff. We found that was true in that we received very good service (for example, , Richard at the front desk was very helpful on several occasions). Unfortunately we were put in a room that had not been cleaned. We walked in to find gummy bears and crackers all over the carpet, chocolate milk spilled in the fridge, a dirty kitchen floor, a dirty/used glass on the bathroom vanity, long blonde strands of hair on the bed linens, etc. Terrible! Richard was apologetic and sent someone from housekeeping right away. The woman who came to clean the room was also very apologetic and did a very good job of cleaning everything. That said, we had to entertain our young children for an hour while the room was being cleaned when it should have been cleaned before we got there. Our room was never cleaned again during our stay because each day when we would return to the room around 1pm for our children to take a nap, nobody had come to clean yet. My husband took out the garbage and got clean towels from housekeeping each day. Overall, a very disappointing experience. It's unlikely we will give this hotel a third try.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Tampa-Port Richey Hotel
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Tampa-Port Richey Hotel Port Richey
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel closer to home whether you're traveling for a few nights or a few months. At Homewood Suites by Hilton® Tampa/Port Richey every spacious suite features enough space for work or relaxation plus a fully equipped kitchen with a full-size refrigerator, two-burner stove dishwasher and microwave oven and complimentary wireless internet. You'll also enjoy our complimentary Suite Start® hot breakfast every morning and Welcome Home® Reception with a complimentary meal and beverages Monday-Thursday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Tampa-Port Richey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.