“Great Burger, Great Topping Bar, Good Hangover Fix!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 142 Restaurants in Port Orange
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Vero Beach, Florida
“Great Burger, Great Topping Bar, Good Hangover Fix!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We were looking for a good burger place to soak up some alcohol that we consumed at the Daytona 500. Burger was excellent, toppings were fresh. Place was clean, definitely be back next year! On a side note, they had every kind of soft drink you could imagine!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Port Orange, Florida
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Just good food at a fair price. Fast service and food is from scratch. No microwave burger here. And another plus is sweet potato fries.

Visited February 2014
“Best value for gourmet burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Port Orange has more than a half-dozen gourmet burger restaurants and we've compared all. The Daily Grind offers the best value and food that is comparable to the larger franchise places. You can get several sizes of burgers that are priced accordingly. Beef is high quality and never frozen. They offers a variety of beef burger combinations, special toppings and a good selection of add-it-yourself condiments. In addition to beef, you can get turkey burgers, chicken and vegetarian offerings. The place is small, but has some inside seating as well as outside. Music is rather loud and in such as small place, you may be wise to do takeout. Overall, a good place to stop along busy Dunlawton, a few blocks from I-95. Parking in front is limited, but there are several year parking area.

Visited January 2014
Port Orange, Florida
“No thrills steak and burgers.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

They get their meat from Gaff's so you know it's good. Nice, no thrills stop for a good burger. Kind of a funky setup but overall decent without being outstanding.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Missouri
“Was a little disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I was pretty excited to try this place because I had heard great things about it. I ordered a 7oz burger medium-well. When I got it I noticed that on top the cheese on the burger there was some bloody burger water on top of the cheese. I dabbed it off and didn't think much about it. Once I took a few bites I realized the burger seemed overly soft and wet. When I looked inside the burger I saw that it was super pink inside, almost red. I always get my burger medium-well but usually that means only a little bit of pink in the middle but this pink went all the way out to the edges. But, I decided that maybe they did things differently. So I went up and politely asked if they would care to throw it back on the grill. They (in a not very friendly voice) said no, they would just make me a new one. I thanked them and asked if they could do it well-done this time, no pink in the middle. I went and sat down and they brought me a new one within 30 seconds. I was surprised at how fast they were, until I bit into the burger and found that it was just as, and possibly more red than the first one. I'm not sure if they totally missed my point or if (based on the short amount of time it took for them to get it back out to me) it was possibly already cooked and they just decided to give it to me. Not to mention they gave me a 5oz burger that time though I ordered 7oz. I tried to eat it and ended up feeling a bit sick(the burger was dripping grease and pink water), and finally just threw it away.
I am giving it 2 stars because the fries were good and I thought the sauce/topping bar was cool. I also think in other circumstances the burger might have been good.
I might give this place another shot in the future but I was not impressed with my first visit.

• Visited January 2014