We know Port Charlotte, FL. We used to live there and now seeking to return. We are therefore spending some time checking it out to see how well it has rehabilitated itself from the 2004 hurricane that devastated it greatly.
Well, it's back! Still small time (which is what is nice about it) but what they have redone and refurbished has been done well for the most part and improved the quality of life for all. While visiting, we stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites, just off I-75.
It is a little quirky to get to, tucked in the back lane from King's Highway, but once there, it is adjacent to Cracker Barrel and a number of eateries at the local mall. It is also near a grocery store for longer stays.
On arrival, Christine greeted us with a broad smile, was efficient in checking us in and reminded us that freshly baked cookies were a must later on. She also mentioned the breakfast and times it is served, announced that wine and beer were available at a decent cost and then gave us our room keys.
We arrived at the room to find, it was nearly a suite. Large, clean and lovely. Unlike most hotel, it smelled and had the feel of new, though about 5 yrs old - a sign that the management/employees are looking after it very nicely -.
We settled in quickly and smiled at our good luck for finding such a good room.
The bed was comfortable, the ac/heat humming quietly and the noise level from the street absent. The morning greeted us with the welcoming of Becky in the breakfast room. Becky is one of the treasures at the Sleep Inn. If other hotels had their own Becky, life would be improved greatly for the travelling public... :o)
Warm, generous and nutritious breakfast - not the cheapy kind you find at this star level. The food was freshly made, the fruits fresh and not gray in appearance, the coffee, tea and juices, all very tasty. Throughout, we spoke to Becky about Port Charlotte and she updated us with great information as to where to shop, to find farmers markets, quaint cafes, etc.
We thorougly enjoyed our conversation with her. She is from the area and has vast knowledge of what is going on in Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda and even Arcadia.
All in all, this Sleep Inn must have a great management because its employees are happy, smiling and helpful. We checked out later on to find a young man at the reception wishing us a fab day and offering any help with directions that we might require.
This is superb value!!! Thank you to everyone at the Sleep Inn who made this possible.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Inn And Suites Port Charlotte
- Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte Hotel Port Charlotte
- Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte Hotel
- Sleep Inn Port Charlotte
- Port Charlotte Sleep Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sleep Inn & Suites hotel is conveniently located with easy access to Interstate 75. This Port Charlotte, FL hotel is close to pristine area beaches, many golf courses, world-famous fishing at Boca Grande, the Charlotte Harbor Event & Conference Center, Babcock Ranch and the Charlotte Sports Park, home of the Charlotte Stone Crabs baseball team. This Florida hotel is near Charlotte County Airport and Southwest Florida International Airport. There is a wide variety of restaurants within one mile of the hotel. Many shopping, boating, fishing and eco-tourism opportunities are found in Port Charlotte and nearby Punta Gorda. All spacious guest rooms include refrigerators, microwaves, 32-inch flat-screen televisions, coffee makers, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Non-smoking and smoking rooms are offered along with family and whirlpool bathtub suites. This is also a pet-friendly hotel. This Port Charlotte, FL hotel offers many fine features and amenities, including a free hot breakfast served daily with coffee, free wired and wireless high-speed internet access, outdoor heated pool, and exercise room. Guest laundry facilities and a gift shop with convenience foods, drinks and travel needs are provided on the premises for added guest convenience. The business traveler will welcome additional conveniences like the business center with public computers, printers and free fax services. The hotel also has a meeting room which can accommodate up to 100 people for events and business functions. The hotel has been certified as a green hotel through the Florida Green Lodging Program. Whether traveling to Florida for business or vacationing with the family, the Sleep Inn & Suites hotel in Port Charlotte offers you a great location, affordable rates and friendly guest service. We look forward to seeing you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.