“Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
North Port, Florida
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Food was great-hot -served in timely manner--various selections-to choose from--came back to make sure your drinks was filled and if needed

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

67% Recommend
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Absolutely Wonderful Every Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We have been going there for over 6 months & every time is better than the time before. We have yet to get an average meal & that is unusual. The Fajita Fiesta is to die for, sea scallops, shrimp & fish with veggies & rice. Did I mention Modelo Especial in a frosted mug.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Not going back!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

After ordering our food the waitress asks if I would like guacamole and I said NO...well when my tostada came out there was guacamole on top! I then asked the waitress if I could get one without guacamole and she said sure...one of the other people in our party said let me try yours and I said you can have it and scooped it on his plate....well after about 10 min the waitress brought my new tostada and the check, and I see that she has charged me for the tostada. I then explain that I told her I didn't want guacamole so I shouldn't have been charged... She said someone ate it so she couldn't take it off the bill!!! We Are all in our 50's and 60's and couldn't believe this! Beware!!! I am not going back!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Englewood
“Great Mexican food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Margaritas were very good, chili rellenas were some of the best I've ever had, tamales were about average, carne asada was out of this world. I am a steak snob-I can't deal with grissle, tough, fat, any of that. I normally only order filet at steak houses for this reason. But I took the server's advice and tried it and it was wonderful. It was marinated perfectly and tender. Service was curteous and not overbearing. They were busy for sunday around 4pm. We will most certainly be returning.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Port Charlotte, Florida, United States
“Average Food and Not so Great Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This restaurant really has potential but unfortunately, it just doesn't quite get there. The food is fairly bland. I have sampled many of the things on the menu, but most of it is simply OK. I must say, that the tacos al pastor are the best thing on the menu in my opinion. One of the highlights of this place is the fresh guacamole made right at the table and you have the option to control what ingredients you would like to add. The average food is also punctuated by poor service. The wait staff is (with the exception of one or two) not very friendly overall. Also, in the times that I have eaten here, someone always forgets to bring something or they get the order wrong. On one occasion, a child in our party had his food brought out some 20 min after the rest of the party had their meals and were nearly finished. Decent potential, but hopefully a work in progress.

Visited February 2013