“This is the place to go for breakfast.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 156 restaurants in Port Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Description: across from Promenades Mall
“This is the place to go for breakfast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

The breakfasts are very good and a good value for the money. It's a friendly casual place to eat and enjoy time with your friends.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
Port Charlotte, Florida
“We love Joseph's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Whenever I want a break from making lunch, I get a Joseph's Greek salad with grilled chicken. So much chicken it almost squawks. I don't know how they do it!

Visited September 2012
“Can't beat it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Wonderful daily breakfast special. 2 eggs, taters or grits, choice of meat, toast and free coffee $3.99. can't beat it.

Visited September 2012
Punta Gorda, FL
“Not a New York Deli, but Darn Good for Charlotte County”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Okay, I'm biased. I grew up in the Bronx, where every neighborhood had at least ten Jewish style delis, each better than the next, and whenever I'm in New York I find time to get to Carnegie or Stage Deli uptown or Katz's Deli on Houston Street. When I first bought property in Charlotte County, I did so fully cognizant that the nearest place to go for some fairly decent deli would require a journey to the east coast of Florida. I was right for a long time, until I started to hear about Joseph's Deli in Port Charlotte. One day, having heard that Joseph's did a good Reuben sandwich, my spouse and I gave it a try -- and they were right, the best Reuben in Charlotte County. Joseph's turned out to be terrific. It's not Katz's, but it is clearly the number one deli in the area. The counter staff is very friendly. I explained to them how to make a Rachel, which if you never have been to Atlantic City you wouldn't know existed -- a Reuben made with pastrami and cole slaw instead of corned beef and sourkraut. Next I will have them work on a Corned Beef Special, another winner from Atlantic City and Philly. Their pastrami and corned beef is nice and lean. My only complaint is the pickels, which my wife loves, but I'm a New York City half-sour guy, so they don't work for me. Their french fries are always super fresh, which means the oil is changed regularly, and they have excellent onion rings. We stop by for breakfast once in a while, and it is always good and reasonable. Now if I can teach Joseph's about knishes and kishka, that would be a real win, but as it is Joseph's is the Number 1 deli that we've run into south of Sarasota, and a great place for lunch when you are in the neighborhood.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Port Charlotte FL
“Neighborhood Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

When you enter Joseph's you sense a neighborly atmosphere. Best of all, the owner is sincerly interested in your service, food and general satisfaction. The staff is friendly and efficent...and all the food is very good, generous servings, fairly priced and FRESH. We love it!!

• Visited July 2012