“Sharing room with Rodents” 2 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Port Charlotte
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Benton Harbor, MI
“Sharing room with Rodents”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I routinely make this exit our destination prior to going to a condo on Marco Island. This year we decided on this Holiday Inn Express. The evening was going as expected until my wife screams which startled me. She points at a mouse running along the floor/wall. I get up and kill the mouse, which is not something I would expect to need to do. Its after 11 pm and she no longer wants to stay in this room. She leaves the room to see if we can move to another room. The night clerk tells her the hotel is full and offers to give her our money back so we can go to another hotel That is not a response any one wants to hear at 11 o'clock at night. Now that clerk may not be happy with their career choice, however offering to allow a customer the choice of putting up with rodents or leaving is not the answer.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear blaine39,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you encountered with the room accommodation and service from our staff. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I were driving from Miami to Clearwater, but decided to split the journey and get a good nights rest before arriving at our friend's home. We randomly decided on this hotel as it was just off the interstate.

We were greeted with a smile and a fresh baked cookie - and immediately given a newly renovated room. The room was well equipped and had a lovely view of the "lake" and pool area.

Our rate was fantastic ($88) and included a fresh hot breakfast and free wi-fi, so we could easily catch up on business back at home.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the gym if you want to go to sleep early - we could hear someone running on...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
medeovin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Cocomer,

We are so pleased that you decided to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Charlotte. Our guests are guaranteed to be welcomed with a friendly smile and a cookie at arrival!

Our entire property is renovated, including the lobby and pool areas. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the visit, and we even have had new lobby furniture arrive since your visit.

We hope your travels will bring you back so you can see the finished result of our renovations! Thank you for sharing your valued feedback.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Great Hotels Guest Love

Lancaster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed here on business and even though they are under construction my stay was wonderful. The staff is very helpful and my room was beautiful. Even wit the construction it is a very clean hotel. And the Manager Tracy goes out of her way to make you comfortable. I will stay here again when I have business in Port Charlotte. And I look forward to seeing the hotels renovation when it's complete. It's going to be like a new hotel. The balcony rooms are the best.

• Stayed December 2012
medeovin, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your business trip. I am very pleased the renovations did not interrupt your stay. I hope if your travels bring you to the area again you will come and see our finished product. We are very excited for the finished results. We are always striving to create "A GREAT HOTEL GUEST LOVE"
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Lovely room. And very spacious. Only downside is lack of close by restaurants.the breakfast was the usual, but the area was kept immaculate. Overall, a great place to stay! All the rooms have fridge and microwaves and the place is very quiet

• Stayed November 2012
Dear PatGal48,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Charlotte! We hope your travels will bring you back soon!

We do have numerous restaurants, from 1/4 mile to 2 miles away, and our staff would be delighted to direct you to them. We also have Applebee's now located right across the street. We also have a restaurant Culver's being built just across Kings Hwy, and another Chain Restaurant that will be starting to build soon! This exit and area keeps growing, but you will always have a quaint, quiet room at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites located on Sandhill Lake!

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and being our guest!

Warm Regards,

Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I love it here when me and my husband walked in this place last night we felt at home and the people here is very excellent people ever and we coming back on my birthday and we staying two days again and the food here is very very excellent you guys is some much better than days inn

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Cheree,

Thank you for being our guest at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Charlotte. We take great pride in exceeding guest's expectations as well as providing a Great Hotel that Guests Love. Our staff enjoys making each and every guest's stay a memorable one, and I'm pleased to hear yours was exactly that!

Thank you for taking the time to provide you feedback, and we look forward to our return visits.

Warm regards,

Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My car broke down and I limped into the Holiday Inn Express. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us. We ended up staying for a few days as we were enroute to the fl keys and had to wait for car repairs. The time we spent there was made easier due to the accommodating staff and trying to relax at the pool. This hotel was also very clean and had restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Dennis C,

Our entire staff was disappointed your vacation was stalled by car problems, and I am so pleased that they made your delay to reaching the Florida Keys enjoyable! It was their personal mission to make it a relaxing retreat, and we are a great stop before the Keys! However, it's nicer when it's a planned stop!

We hope the rest of your vacation was fantastic as well, and thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Charlotte - Great Hotels Guests Love!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your visit with us!

Port Charlotte, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This is my 2nd experience with holiday inn express . The rooms are very clean and staff is friendly and helpful. I stayed in the port charlotte area .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
medeovin, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
I am so very glad our staff helped you out in your time of need. I hope the rest of your travels went well.If you are ever traveling in the area again please stop, we would love to have you and your family come and stay under better circumstances. II is always our pleasure to help our travelers coming thru the area.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte? Share your experiences!