“Jaw Droppingly Awful” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Jaw Droppingly Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I dined at this establishment 11/18/12 and the service is at its worst. There was no hostess to greet us at the door for one. Next, the server could not answer "What do you have to drink for soda?" There was no communication from the server to the customer whatsoever. Drinks were horribly overpriced and the server failed to mention that refills were not free. I asked for water. The water tasted as though it was straight out of the harbor, no believe me, you're better off drinking brackish. The server did not bring us salads nor did he/she know about how many oysters were in a bowl. All I was asking for was a ballpark figure! When I asked the server for the check she did not acknowledge me. I then proceeded to ask another 4 times practically begging her to let me leave. I said to my wife, "Wow, this is Jaw Droppingly Awful!" The server then bussed the entire table for 15 minutes without providing the check. So when I finally looked at this outrage of a bill, my drinks had came to 1/6 of what I paid for the whole meal which was about $150.00.
Before you dine here please ask yourself, "What could I do for an hour and a half that wouldn't be a waste of time?"

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

35% Recommend
Punta Gorda, Florida, United States
“NOT GOOD!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The only good thing about this restaurant is the view. Salmon was dry, meals not brought out at the same time. Never received 2 meals. The owner could of cared less that we all (3 couples) had a problem. Please do not patronize this restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Not the best restaurant....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We have eaten here four times. Three out of the four times we have had issues. Poor service and two times we received the wrong meals. This last time was the worst. Of course as usual they were understaffed. The kitchen got in the weeds very early. We were 3 couples out for dinner. My sister-in-law and I ordered the salmon. I ordered mine blackened and sauce on the side. My sister-in-law ordered hers grilled with sauce on the side. Her neighbor ordered grouper lightly blackened... So we had six dinners ordered, After a very long wait 4 dinners came out. The two salmons, the grouper and the lasagna.....My salmon came out with the sauce on top...The grouper came out very blackened and the other salmon was very overdone. I kept my dinner and the other salmon and the grouper were sent back. Keep in mind two guest have not received their dinner. The waiter was very unhappy and kept going to the manager saying there was a problem...He finally came over to our table and apologized. We told him we were very unhappy and this was unacceptable. Out of six people only two people had their meal....We felt that we should not be charged....The manager explained that the kitchen was slammed and even the owner of the restaurant was in the kitchen.The manager was new, and they had a new chef.... We requested to see the owner. Well the owner refused to come out and see us. Finally the other two dinners came out but the two dinners that were sent back did not. So we asked the manager where are the other two dinners ? He said we had told the waiter we did not want them. We never said that. The manager came back and said they would comp four of the meals. We were very upset. How nice of them to comp two meals that we did not get !!!!! Seriously.... And we were told if we refused to pay the bill they would call the cops....We paid the bill ! Two guests in our party never ate. They had to go home and make themselves something to eat. We told them we were going to write a negative review on Tripadvisor and they told us they didn't care that they were a 4.5 star restaurant.... Not the case....

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Port Charlotte, Florida
“ONly Waterfront Restaurant in Port Charlotte”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Food is good and moderately priced. Usually have some kind of special or coupon. View of Peace River and Charlotte Harbor worth the visit. Open air Tiki Style bar.

Visited May 2012
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Just went for drinks and the view!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stopped in one afternoon for a beer and to gaze out at the harbor. The view OF COURSE did not dissappoint, but the beer was served in styrofoam. Pretty weird, but we figured since it was 2 for 1 we could drink one that way. Haven't been back, but may try again one day. If our expectations are low, we may not be too shocked. Sure wish it was better cuz it is a great place for a restaurant.

• Visited June 2012