“Not customer friendly” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Port Charlotte
Springfield, Illinois
“Not customer friendly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I had a situation recently where I was unable to cancel my reservation at this hotel by the designated time because I was in an airplane and couldn't use my phone. Our plane was diverted to St Petersburg because of fog and we had to stay there overnight. As soon as I could call the hotel I did and explained my predicament to them but I was told I would still be charged for the room. I contacted corporate and even though I was told the hotel would contact me within 48 hours I finally heard back from them 7 days later. Due to their "policy" they could not refund my room charge. Will never stay at a Country Inn EVER!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
CarlsonRezidor, Corporate Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites Port Charlotte, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write your review, as well as sending Corporate Customer Care an e-mail. We are happy we were able to work with you to resolve the situation. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I booked this hotel through hotwire as I needed a place close to the Punta Gorda airport. It was clean and had a nice breakfast room with good choices. It's a little hard to find as the street to get in looks like you're going into an alley so a sign would be nice. The wifi was good. TV could be better. The bathroom was spacious and clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Came in late from a late flight into Punta Gorda. They were very welcoming and met all our needs. After a good nights sleep in comfortable beds we had a good breakfast in the breakfast room. It was very good. Our room was clean and quiet.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Larkspur, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Just stayed at the Country Inn and Suites; good value for the money. Rooms were newer, and were always clean. We upgraded to a suite, which meant having an additional couch and chair that made our 6 night stay even more enjoyable. They have a continental breakfast every morning; and most mornings it was very good. Typical fare included some type of eggs and breakfast meat, as well as a good selection of cereals, breads and juices. Only one breakfast wasn't very tasty, as the biscuits and gravy had way too much salt. The hotel is centrally located, and there is a Wendy's and McDonald's close, and Cracker Barrel is across the street. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed here on January 11 and 17. Parked our truck and trailer at the motel and rode the Harley down to the Florida Keys for a few days. The whole property looks brand new, rooms were very clean and comfortable. The outdoor hot tub was a great asset. Staff, especially Susan at the front desk were wonderful to deal with and very pleasant. One of the best Country Inns I've stayed at.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I had a coupon, and presented it at check in. It was honored with no availability problem. The staff was friendly and professional. The hotel was clean. The room did not smell. It was modern and clean, with plenty of outlets, and workspace. The bath was modern and clean, and well stocked. The breakfast staff did a great job making sure everything was available and hot. They were friendly and kept the dining area clean. If in Port Charlotte Fl again, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Shelby, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I stayed in this hotel around Christmas time 2012 for 5 days. The room was a 2 queen room on the 3rd floor which was very comfortable. The front desk personnel and the housekeeping crew were very accommodating. The only complaint I had was intermittent internet.

This is my 2nd stay from 1/9/14 to 1/12/14. Again the room is a 2 queen room this time it is on the 4th floor very clean and very comfortable. The staff has been very helpful and the housekeeping crew has been great. The internet issue from last year appears to have been rectified.

I have family in Punta Gorda and would stay at this hotel again when I come to visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Been to Country Inn & Suites Port Charlotte? Share your experiences!