This should be a brief report as this was a brief trip. Simply put this property was wonderful. The resort felt very quiet and intimate the entire time we were there.
Arrival and check-in were prompt. I loved the fact that the person at the desk welcomed me by name as I was approaching. A really nice touch. Took a second to get used to not tipping because of the club fee. We ended up doing it a few times anyway.
Bit of a hike to our ocean front suite, but it really wasn't that bad and was worth it for the room. It was gorgeous! Exactly like the photo. Beautiful view of the oceanand we were right by the family pool, but it wasn't a big deal (i.e. noisy of annoying). Nothing was overlooked in our room. Bathrobes, slippers, (laid out each night at turndown along with a sand dollar and other surprises each night we were there) candles by the tub, flashlight, umbrella, water, mini kitchen - everything I'd expect at this type of resort was there.
Brunch was quite good, although I thought there could have been a few more offerings for what they charged.
Can't share much about the beach as I'm not really an Atlantic Ocean Beach fan and were there during "love bug" season. I swear, I just can't make up this kind of stuff. Dozens of black bugs flying connected to each other. It wasn't horrible, but I nixed the pool option after seeing them buzz about. We had a blast in St. Aug anyway. Went to the San Sebastian Winery Saturday evening and had lots of fun/made friends at their jazz-wine bar.
A great escape and I'm trying to figure out when we can return.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge And Club At Ponte Vedra Beach Hotel Ponte Vedra Beach
- The Lodge And Club At Ponte Vedra Beach Hotel
- Hotel Ponte Vedra Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Framed by palm trees and sand dunes, The Lodge & Club at Ponte Vedra Beach sparkles as a sophisticated oceanfront beach resort and private membership club in Florida. Built in 1989, The Lodge’s Mediterranean-inspired architecture combines yesteryear’s grandeur and romance with today’s conveniences. Every year, thousands of travelers descend to beautiful Ponte Vedra Beach for their winter escape. Along our beautiful beach near Jacksonville, you’ll find tennis, golf, shopping, spa and seasonal activities to make your Florida vacation unforgettable. Ponte Vedra Resorts also makes it easy to visit, explore our vacation specials for the latest lodging deals in Ponte Vedra. Plan your next Florida vacation with us and experience our luxury resort with resort amenities and beachfront access that will take your breath away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Amex, Tingo, Hotels.com and Fareportal so you can book your The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.