“Wonderful food & atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Aqua Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: A1A and PGA Blvd
Description: We are a "Top 25" restaurant known for it eclectic seafood,steak and pasta dishes. A Ponte Vedra Beach institution since 1988. Private dining room for parties up to 60. Outside lake-view dining. Online reservation accepted through Open Table. Separate sports theme lounge with 7 HDTV's with NFL Ticket, ESPN Game Day. Happy Hour Monday-Friday 4-7PM. Half-price drinks, house wine and draft beer.
“Wonderful food & atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Our first stay in the area and we decided to have lunch at the Aqua Grill. We ate outside, although inside was really nice. It was spacious, had a nice view and it was comfortable and not too hot. The food was amazing. Our family of four with 2 kids loved what we ordered. The hostess and waiter were very friendly and nice to talk to. We will come back here next time we visit!

clppvb, Owner at Aqua Grill, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Hope you had a great time while visiting our general area. While I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed visiting with us, I suspect and hope you were treated warmly throughout our very special part of America. Thanks again for your patronage and praise.

Sandhurst, United Kingdom
“no complaints”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Went there first night just across the road from the marriot hotel so walking distance, lovely food at a reasonable price

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Georgia Mountains
“OK, but won't eat there again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I ate there with a friend on Saturday evening. We arrived about 6:30 pm. We were nearly the only patrons at that time. The server was efficient, although she spoke so fast that I had to ask her to repeat things more than once. I'm not hard of hearing, and I'm a Hoosier originally, so I'm used to a faster paced speech, but she was hard to understand.
I ordered the Broiled Combo - Shrimp, Scallops and Fish. All were very good. The server suggested a salad dressing so I got it - not very good. I didn't catch what kind she said it was, but it tasted somewhat Oriental. The rice and the mixed cauliflower vegetables were very bland. I had hoped to have a typical Florida seafood dinner, but that really didn't fill the bill. With an iced tea, my total bill, not including tip, came to $31.75.
The ambiance was fine - there is an outside deck that juts out over a little pond. I guess I was just looking for something a little more "typical".
The next time I go to Florida, I will skip the Aqua Grill.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Will never dine here again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have eaten here years ago and thought we would give them another chance. My wife asked for the fresh catch of the day and the waiter told her it was tilapia. Tilapia is a farm raised fish that is delivered frozen. We asked the waiter about it and he told us if we wanted fresh catch we would have to pay $5.00 more. We told him the menu states that it was FRESH CATCH. He said that if we wanted fresh catch to pay $5.00 more even thou the menu said it was fresh catch. He stated that there had been many complaints about this. Doesn't sound like a big deal but if the restaurant will lie to you about their menu what else will they lie about?

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
clppvb, General Manager at Aqua Grill, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant, we always appreciate hearing feedback. I’m sorry to hear that your recent visits to Aqua Grill did not meet your expectations. We use only the freshest ingredients when preparing our food since providing excellent food is our number one goal. I’ll be sure to pass your feedback along to our Chef about the salty sauces. In addition, I would be happy to speak with our managers about the importance of customer service and again apologize that your dining experience did not meet your expectations. We hope that you will try us again in the future.

Thanks,
Aqua Grill
Vancouver, Canada
“Amazing Experience! Sit at the bar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic place to sit at the bar and have incredible service and even better food with fantastic wine.....

Really loved this place as so many famous golfers have sat just where i did

Adam and Ali (hope i remember the names), great banter and service. Thanks for making my dining experience one to remember.

Have the fried green tomatoes!!!! Wowowowow

Visited June 2014