“"Great dinner"” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Aqua Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: A1A and PGA Blvd
Description: We are a "Top 25" restaurant known for it eclectic seafood,steak and pasta dishes. A Ponte Vedra Beach institution since 1988. Private dining room for parties up to 60. Outside lake-view dining. Online reservation accepted through Open Table. Separate sports theme lounge with 7 HDTV's with NFL Ticket, ESPN Game Day. Happy Hour Monday-Friday 4-7PM. Half-price drinks, house wine and draft beer.
Miami, Florida
“"Great dinner"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

A friend recommended we try his favorite restaurant and I think it's going to be our favorite too!! The food was delicious starting with the bread. Our very friendly server suggested we try the ginger dressing on the salad and it was the best. My husband had the osso buco which he loved and my seafood pasta dish was great! But the dessert (pecan roll with ice cream) was to die for!! We were still raving about it the next day! Our kids are coming next week and I can't wait to take them so I can try some other dishes! If you're ever in the area, you must visit this restaurant. The atmosphere is casual and relaxed, the staff is very friendly and the food is excellent!

Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
“This restaurant is a gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We recently visited Ponte Vedra Beach for the first time, and were so lucky to find this outstanding restaurant. The menu is imaginative and different and the food delicious. The service was also attentive and first class. We were pleased to have the opportunity to talk to Peter Nye, the Executive Chef, and when he described the specials he was going to cook the following day we returned and were so glad we did. The unusual bouillabaisse was beautifully spiced and seasoned and the quail was excellent. We would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone and be happy to return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami Beach, Florida
“Fantastic find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I was passing through the Jacksonville area and was looking for a nice restaurant to enjoy with my family recently. I was concerned because I remember a few years ago, when Jacksonville hosted the Super Bowl, that people complained that it was not a Super Bowl caliber town and especially that the restaurants were sub-par. As a South Florida resident, we have no shortage of fine restaurants here. However, I must say that I would be hard pressed to find an equivalent dining experience in terms of quality, service and value anywhere. Our server was polite, knowledgeable and made us feel comfortable and relaxed. She was attentive but not hovering. A visit from the host (owner) to our table to make sure everything was to our liking, made us feel that the quality of our experience there really mattered. I was even given a tour of the herb garden, after my meal, where the freshest of ingredients were still growing!

As important as service is, the most important element of a dining experience is obviously the food. Everything we ordered was wonderful, but I was most impressed with the Sea Bass, which was very likely the tastiest piece of fish of any kind that I can remember eating. Not only was the food delicious, but the portions were extremely generous. Too often in choosing a restaurant, one has to choose between a place with tasty food or a place where you don't leave hungry. At Aqua Grill you get both. I am greatly looking forward to my next trip through North Florida. I know where I will be eating.

• Visited October 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“Fantastic dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Aqua Grill is a great place, my husband and I love it! We come to Aqua Grill often to have a drink at the bar, fun neighborhood feel, the bartenders always make us feel welcome. We had dinner in the dining room and we were blown away with not only how good the food was but forgot how many great choices there are on the menu. My husband had the North African bouillabaisse, something new on the menu, my husband could not stop raving about it all through the meal. Chef Nye is very talented, and I not being as daring had one of all time favorites the fresh Mayport shrimp parmesan, it was as good as I remembered! The staff was very friendly, helpful and extremely knowledgeable! Once again this restaurant gave us a night to remember!

jacksonville
“ABSLOUTELY LOVED IT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My wife and I absolutely loved Aqua grill. We eat out all the time and get bored at a lot of places because of their menu is ordinary. Aqua grill has a tremendous selection of culinary delights and we just had the best dining experience. After waiting for a couple minutes longer than we wanted to at the hostess area; we were seated at a beautiful table overlooking the lake. Our server Scott was very knowledgeable and very hospitable. We had a delicious scallop appetizer to start and had a equally enjoyable crab salad as our second course. My wife enjoyed their Filet Mignon that I would compare to any steakhouse. I had the Pistachio Grouper with the sweet potato risotto which was simply out of this world. Can't say enough great things about this place; love going to the local gems and Aqua grill will be our list of restaurants for our next special occasion

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere