“Decent stay” 3 of 5 stars

Online Discounts
Cary, North Carolina
“Decent stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed here for a couple of days for work. I thought the hotel would be closer to the beach but it is actually about 9 miles away from the beach. The address of the hotel is wrong as well the address for GPS is 1300 Sawgrass Village Drive, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL. The reception staff is really friendly, they do offer complimentary Starbucks coffee. Good selection of books in the waiting area. Gym is decent but is not 24 hours, the location is pretty very close to the PGA Golf Clubhouse. Walking distance to Publix, good restaurants around. The rooms are spacious, but I would carefully inspect for bugs. Overall an okay stay nothing out of the ordinary.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

258 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed 3 nights at the Hilton Garden Inn Ponte Vedra/Jax to vacation at Jacksonville beach and visit St Augustine. Location was convenient to both Jacksonville beach and St Augustine along A1A route.
Positives: The lobby was welcoming. The Starbucks coffee, tea, and cookies in lobby was a nice touch. Front desk staff was courteous each day of my stay. My room was clean and spacious. Beds were comfortable. Nice HDTV. Second floor room with balcony was very nice. Cook to-order breakfast and breakfast bar was good at the Great American Grill restaurant in hotel. Fitness center was great and convenient to use. Hotel appearance overall was clean and well kept.

Negatives: There wasn't much negative to say about my stay here. My only comments is that: A/C unit ran loudly. It was great to have a personal thermostat in room unlike most hotels have, but unit was loud. The only reason it didn't keep me awake, was that I travel with ear plugs. And secondly, the room was musty and stuffy and irritated my sinuses, but once I got the A/C at a good temp it helped (room carpet probably needs cleaning).

Overall, I would stay again if I revisited the area again.

Room Tip: Recommend second floor room away from elevators.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights while visiting family. Staff was accomodating and nice. Lobby offers coffee and tea, large selection of books, nice sitting area. Pool looked ok but we didn't get a chance to use it. Love the location with stores and grocery in walking distance. However, the rooms were another story. Musty smell to the point we had to buy an air freshener which didn't help much. While using the bathroom one night, we turned the light on and saw several roaches scurrying around!!!! We immediately called the desk and were offered a room change. The second room still had musty smell. No roaches in the bath, but we woke up and saw a very large bug on the window curtains. It is really too bad because the suites they have are configured great and just what we were looking for...sitting area and separate bedroom. Also love the location. But, returning to this hotel is out of the question. Also, the air conditioners are very noisy and the general noise level of guests kept us awake.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed two nights at HGI whilst visiting Jacksonville for the Scotland v USA soccer game. Hotel was clean and in a good, quiet location that was only a few minutes drive from the main beaches area. Ate breakfast in the neighbouring cafe on the first morning and in the hotel on the second morning. Both were fine.
Room was nice and clean but negatives were the curtains don't pull across the windows so you'd better not want to lie in the next morning in a bright room. Don't think I've ever been in a hotel before that didn't have closing curtains!
Walls are also very thin. There were guests in the room next door that had clearly been at a wedding and although they weren't being outrageous, they were talking loudly about their evening and I heard all about Heather #1, Heather #2 and the men having socks with left and right written on them!!! Eventually had to knock on their door and ask them to pipe down.
There was also an advertisement in the elevator about free tickets to the Brave movie if you stayed a weekend night. I asked about this twice at reception and nobody seemed to know anything about it. Each time the receptionist promised a manager would call me. Nobody ever did. After several other attempts (email, message on facebook, post on facebook page) I eventually got a response and my two tickets (thank you), but it just shouldn't be this difficult.
Overall, it was fine. I'd stay there again (bringing clothes pegs so I could hang towels over the windows!!)

Room Tip: Bring an eye mask to shut out the daylight.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
HGIPVB, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear Lulujambo,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review. We strive to provide every guest with an excellent experience at our hotel and sincerely appreciate your feedback.

We are very sorry about the confusion with the "Brave" elevator poster. The details of the offer were admittedly not clear, and the poster has been removed, brand-wide. We also apologize for any difficulty you experienced with our black-out drapes.

And thank you for your generous rating and the comment that you would "stay there again." If you do indeed stay with us again, or if you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free contact me directly at 904-280-1661, extension 1120 or email me at chuck.schoonmaker@hilton.com.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

The hotel is ok, your standard HGI. It is clean and updated. Located in a great shopping center with restaurants, Publix, and liquor store. It is located on A1A but not on the beach. There is nothing special to this hotel, nor, nothing poor to report. If you are looking for a run of the mill stay this is it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night and although I can't comment on the price as I did not pay for it I can say that the room and lobby were just "average". There is a spacious lobby with a good selection of Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea and there is a quaint seating area near a fireplace. The staff at the front desk were friendly and inviting.

Unfortunately, the spacious lobby and good coffee cannot make up for the uncomfortable beds, flat pillows, and loud air conditioning. My bed was hard as a rock and I had to stack three pillows because they were virtually just a piece of fabric. Also, because of the location of my room, the noise from the lobby made it difficult to sleep.

This hotel will not be at the top of my list if I need another hotel in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
HGIPVB, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Michael,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel and providing us with valuable feedback. We are sincerely sorry that you were less than satisfied with your accommodations. Please be assured that we thoroughly investigate all of our hotel’s reviews and make whatever changes are necessary to ensure future guests are not similarly dissatisfied.

Because you were so disappointed, we would appreciate a chance to make it up to you by giving you a free night’s stay when you next need a hotel in our area. We are confident that we can improve your opinion – we offer a variety of pillow types for the different needs or desires of our guests, and our king beds feature adjustable firmness controls.

If I can be of any other assistance to you, feel free to contact me directly at the hotel (904) 280-1661, extension 1120, or you can email me at Chuck.Schoonmaker@Hilton.com.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

The staff at the Hotel were not only friendly but went above and beyond for me. I stayed for only one night and had an interview across the street. I needed access to the business center and found everything to be user friendly and fast. During my day full of interviewing I had a short break that happened shortly after check out. The front desk communicated with housekeeping and let me back into the room I had checked out of in the morning. This was a great perk for me as I was stressed and used the time to re situate myself and gear up for the afternoon interviews. Jeanette, at the front desk also helped to arrange my ground transportation back to the airport and wished me well on my interview. This extra attention really made my day a lot smoother and less stressful!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Nicole D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra. I am excited to post your review where our team members can all see it! Jeanette will be especially appreciative. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive review, which will serve as an encouragement as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family and/or friends at the Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra? Share your experiences!