“Amazing...but I may be biased!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Amazing...but I may be biased!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My fiancé proposed to me in front of the fountain/pool area at Sawgrass Marriott! Great room, great stay, great service. I love the hotel bars and amenities. This is my favorite hotel in the Jax Beach/Ponte Vedra area!

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My fiance recently moved to Tampa, FL for a short term Army assignment from our home in Charleston, SC. We recently spent a weekend at the Sawgrass Marriott as Ponte Vedra is approximately halfway for both of us to travel. Neither of us knew much about the Sawgrass Marriott before our trip and the resort exceeded our expectations.

We stayed for two nights and arrived last Friday night. We immediately noticed that the toilet was leaking rather badly and there was water all over the floor. I'm not sure how housekeeping missed this. We did not report the issue as it was late and we were both tired from our drives, and simply mopped up the water with a towel. When we woke up, the was more water on the floor. We called to the front desk to report the issue, and they offered to move rooms for us. It turned out they did not have any other rooms available with a king bed and they offered to move us to one of the suites with a king bed. This gesture was much appreciated and made up for any inconvenience we experienced. Every staff member we encountered at the resort was friendly and happy.

We took advantage of the shuttle to the Cabana Club and spent Saturday at the pool. It was a great afternoon and perfect weather, though a bit too windy to head down to the beach. We spent most of the day there and then after getting back to the resort we spent an hour or so by the pool there.

The only suggestion I have is that there was no information in the room about any of the resort amenities - the shuttle to the Cabana Club, nothing about the spa or golf, and no info about dining options on property. We eventually figured out the Cabana Club and the restaurants, and were not seeking golf information. The spa was not on our radar for this trip. Having a guide to the property in each room would definitely be helpful.

Finally, the food at the resort exceeded our expectations. We live in the foodie city that is Charleston, SC and as such have high expectations. The lunch we had Saturday at the Sea Porch Bar & Grill at the Cabana Club was delicious, as was the dinner we had at Alice & Pete's Pub. Really, really great food. Well done.

We will definitely be back for another stay - we will be long distance for another 5 months and are glad to have discovered such a relaxing, beautiful place for us to meet in the middle!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, yesterday
We appreciate you taking time out of your day to share a detailed review of your recent visit. It thrills us to know that your expectations were exceeded during your initial stay at our property due to our team members' ability to accommodate a room change for you, being able to enjoy our swimming pool and your dining experiences in Sea Porch Bar & Grill and Alice & Pete's Pub. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in your first guest room and value your feedback regarding the lack of amenity information in your guest room. We are excited to be your meeting place for the next five months and eagerly await your return.
Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is one of the best hotels and is close to everything. We come here for our anniversary every year in April/May and got married here 4 years ago after accidentally finding it on Hotwire. The grounds are stunning, the staff amazing, and the service is top notch. We have watched this hotel transform and the renovations are elegant. They are about to begin redoing the standard rooms and I am not sure why, they are already done up nicely...I love that we come back here every year. We also moved to this area 18 months ago thanks to finding this hotel..

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for sharing a glowing review of our resort. We are overjoyed to read that your wedding experience was so memorable that you return to us every year for your anniversary. It thrills us to read that you continue to find our grounds stunning, our team members amazing, and our service top-notch. We truly value your loyalty and eagerly await our next opportunity to host you.
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Nice place but nothing special. The main building itself has a very nice design overlooking a man-made waterfalls. I beg the rooms there are better than the "villa" where we stayed for 4nights. The villa is more like an apartment building. We had a veranda facing the lake. It was nice but the aircon was too loud. It would go on and off every 15mins I think and would awaken me because it sounded like I was on a boat. Lol.
Other than that I didn't really had the chance to enjoy the place because it kept raining. So no swimming for me. The gym at the main building was a bit tiny for such a huge building.
Meanwhile, I had a nice experience at their restaurant. Look for my review.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time out of your day to share a candid review of your visit. We appreciate your feedback regarding our villas, air conditioner, and fitness center and will utilize your comments as we work to maintain and improve our overall guest experience. It pleases us to know that you were able to dine with us and that you had a positive experience. Should your travels bring you back to Ponte Vedra, we would love an opportunity to exceed your expectations.
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My Villa room was lovely ,clean and well decorated. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was beautiful. Lunch at Alice and Pete's excellent. The grounds were beautiful.
I was greeted by Brian who was very nice and accommodated me as I changed my plans twice.
I will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent visit. We are very happy to read that your villa was clean and that you enjoyed the decor, as well as your comfortable bed and beautiful bathroom. We will be sure to share your kind words regarding Brian and his ability to accommodate your needs. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
hartford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

What a treat to stay in this hotel. We were greeted by Brian at the bell stand. He kept smiling even when we changed our plans and needed something out of the we had just valeted. The lobby took my breath away. So much glass looking out on the waterfall. We had a relaxing lunch at Alice and Petes. Our room was immaculate and quiet. I will be going back next year.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing a review of your recent visit to the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. We are delighted to read that you and your friends were provided with friendly service, that you enjoyed our lobby and waterfall views, and that you were able to dine with us in Alice and Pete's. Furthermore, we are very glad that your guest room was immaculate and quiet. Should your travels bring you back to Ponte Vedra, it would be our pleasure to host you.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have to start by saying I don't golf. I think most of the attraction of this resort is that it is a golfers paradise. I stayed here for two nights at a business conference and found the hotel itself to be fairly impersonal and the rooms to be standard. I would not call them resort class rooms. As we were attending a conference we ate the hotel food 3 meals a day and it was superior to most hotel conference food. The service from the staff was standard. The grounds are spectacular and I enjoyed walking the property very much.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Your feedback is truly valuable and we appreciate you sharing your recent experience with us. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed dining on property during your conference and that you found our dishes to be superior. Additionally, we are thrilled that you found our property to be spectacular and that you had an opportunity to explore it. We are disappointed to learn that our rooms and service were standard. We aim to provide our guests with an exceptional stay and hope to have an opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Been to Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!