“Golf Only” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
“Golf Only”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Beautiful property located on a legendary golf course. Decided to stay here as we had to use some Marriott vacation club points by the end of the year. If your objective is solely to play golf here, or at the many other courses in the area this is a good choice. However, from a accommodations perspective this property is just average. The main hotel seemed nice but the villas are very "1980's". Tired furniture, noisy heat / AC and fogged doors and windows detracted from the experience. Very low occupancy when we were here but were not asked if we would prefer the hotel or a villa. Other than golf not much to do in the area. St. Augustine is a half hour away, but other than the fort, a pure tourist trap.

Room Tip: Insist on the main hotel - avoid the villas.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The weekend we stayed here the hotel was full of Pittsburg Steelers players and in spite of the high profile guests and crowds, the staff were so friendly and the service was outstanding.

I had originally booked a room in the villas but we were pleasantly surprised to be put in a room in the main hotel overlooking the pond. The room was comfortable and quiet.

We ate a couple of the restaurants on site were very impressed with the dinner options. The soup bar was a neat concept. Only downside was the evening we took the shuttle to the beach club, not realizing the two restaurants at the beach club were closed that night. Check before you make the trip out there!

The deck area off the lobby bar was my favorite. What a pleasant way to relax with a cocktail!

We had stayed at this resort so that we could golf at the TPC course (which was amazing!) and we were very happy with our decision. We look forward to returning next time we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

1st class from check in ,rooms very comfortable ,views ,all bars just what u need including the pub staff incredible jessica and angela at the front desk fabuloulus fantastic bar service katie at the looby bar was great. this resort met all our expectations and more david the concerierge was very helpfull and met with our every need the tour of sawgrass was amazing and that clubhouse is a must see for any golfer the story teller was fantastic we will use this hotel again for sure mainly becauce ofvthe excellant service received from the great staff

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the central atrium if you dont like noise
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

It's nice to see Marriott is taking an overdue interest with improving the lodging accommodations. The hotel is now under Marriott international and working toward a JW status. The rooms are getting some overdue attention, they will also undergo more initiatives next year. Great place to stay, wonderful staff, outstanding golf and typical resort amenities. The overall price is a great value.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel for the price. At an $89 AAA rate, I can honestly say I wasn't expecting much. However, this hotel is a fantastic value, and I will definitely stay here again. All rooms open to the lobby, which isn't something you see often. The lobby bar was nice and 2 free drink tickets were a nice touch. Room was spacious and clean. The use of the hotel car to and from dinner was very much appreciated. Excellent hotel.

Stayed December 2014
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Usually we find Marriott hotels excellent, and this is no exception . . .EXCEPT. So, the property is magnificent. The hotel is spectacular. But the details. Watch out. We booked on line with a hotel booking service for a villa. When we arrived we were informed that we really had a hotel room--and that the villas were pretty much the same. OK, so we live with it. Then we find out that there is a daily $25 fee for COMPLEMENTARY SELF PARKING and internet. Wait a minute! If it is "complementary," then why am I being charged $25 a day? Of course, the $25 charge includes a lot of things I would never need, just to make it seem worth it. Like 2 bottle (8 ounces) of water. Golf bag storage. Access to the Cabana (I guess that "complementary" means I can WALK into the Cabana). I complained loudly. They nicely removed the fee since I was staying for less than 24 hours. Great, but why not tell me when I went to book online?

Internet - a pain trying to sign on. Seems like most hotels require a sign on every time you start up your computer, and I had a lot of trouble getting the password page to open.

I'm glad it was only 1 night.

Room Tip: Don't bother with the "villa," Seems like a marketing ploy to me.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at this resort for five days and not for the golf or the swimming. From the moment the car jockey greeted my and my party to the farewells at the end of a long business trip, every and I mean every employee greeted us like it was the first time. Professionalism, great service, great food and a great room spelled a great trip.
I'm sure the 153 golf holes and spa would attract many, but if your stuck inside like we were, don't fret, you'll be fine.

Room Tip: I see from other that the Villas are not that nice, I didn't hear anything negative from other w...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!