“Never again” 1 of 5 stars

$50 Nightly Credit
Clearwater, Florida
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

So it amazes me that this is THE Sawgrass Marriott, home of the TPC Player's Championship. Really? How disappointing.

This is my second stay at this property and I won't stay there again. This time I ended up in the "villa's" and I hated it. I don't spend that much money per night to be put in some "out building" that you have to drive to, way away from the main hotel (if it was nice & comfortable I would not mind at all but it wasn't). By the way, you have to carry your own stuff up to the room and it was raining when I was there so it was not much fun at all. You don't have bellmen available for assistance.

The room was small, outdated, humid and the beds were awful and uncomfortable. These 'villas" do not have private balconies, they are adjoining so people can walk right past your door so you have to keep your curtains shut all the time (and its then dark in your room) or else they can look right in! Not only that, when kids are running on the balconies above you or around you, it's LOUD, ask me, I know.

I did try to speak with someone at the front desk because I really wanted to move, but every time I tried to talk to them were so busy that I did not have time to wait and one time they were slammed with a very large group that I never could get to them once again. I was there on business so my time slots were limited so I was never able to resolve my issues. I was very disappointed.

The overall attitude of (most) the staff was - they are unhappy.

Don't know what's going on there, but I know Marriott has better standards than this.

Room Tip: DON'T BOOK a "villa"!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This resort was picked by our association for our conference. A very big resort that has tower rooms and villa rooms. Our beds were super comfortable and the view from our room was very nice. The stroll from our villa room would've probably been much more enjoyable if it wasn't for the humidity. The pool area was very nice... multiple bars on premise. Besides the spider webs and our dirty glasses in our room, I really enjoyed our stay at this resort.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
MarriottSawgrass, General Manager at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you so much for sharing your conference experience with us at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. I am so glad your entire experience was such a success. The mind works best when challenged, stimulated, and relaxed and our resort is the perfect place to meet. When you are ready for some down time, our pools are ideal for enjoying a respite from the warmth of Florida. We do apologize if anything was amiss in your guest room. Please know that our associates are always here to help. I do hope you will stay with us again, business or leisure.
Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa is a wonderful place to stay. The room was a clean, pretty, nice view, good size and had a huge bathroom and small balcony plus microwave and refrigerator. Everything you need is in walking distance of the hotel or the staff drive you to your location via hotel bus or golf cart. The staff members were friendly and helpful with suggestions when asked about the area. Their private beach was pretty, clean with few people on the beach. They had a club house with changing rooms and pool at the beach. The three adult pools at the hotel were great plus there was a small pool for young children. The pools and hot tubs were surrounded by trees and lake. It was a beautiful place to relax and enjoy the great weather. There were walking paths around the lakes and golf course and bicycle paths through out the property. The golf course was very nice. The food was excellent at the hotel. Every where I went in the hotel or on the hotel grounds, a staff member was available to assist. The hotel bus driver told us that it was a very safe area and people who lived nearby didn't lock their doors. There was very little traffic on the road; more people walking or riding bikes in the area.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the center of the hotel as some of the louder noise from the open lobby area ca...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa! Whether you are here to enjoy a few rounds of golf at TPC Sawgrass or just kicking back and relaxing at our private Cabana Beach Club, pools or spa, our resort has something for everyone. I am so glad you had such a positive encounter while staying and hope to see you again soon, as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.
georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First, let me say that this is a lovely property, the valet service is great, and we enjoyed our view of the lagoon. My S.O. was booked for surgery at The Mayo Clinic on Monday, 9/15 so we checked in the hotel on Saturday, 9/13. We were booked at a sister Marriott property for the day of surgery until we fly back to Atlanta on Wednesday, 9/17. On Sunday we determined it would be much easier on us to simply stay at Sawgrass rather than pack everything, including medical equipment, thus we called the front desk Sunday afternoon to ask about extending our stay through Wednesday. The gentleman on the phone said that would be "no problem". On the morning of surgery I wondered why we had not received any reconfirmation so we called the front desk again only to be told we must check out on Tuesday as the hotel was fully booked. I went down to the desk where the attendant as well as the front desk manager began searching on their computer, suggesting I call a Holiday Inn Express! There was no effort to rebook us into a Marriott (not even a call to the Mayo Marriott). It appeared they were using a website such as Expedia. They informed us there was nothing they could do to assist us other than to make a call to another hotel and book us at the prevailing rate. I informed the desk manager that I was done with Marriott and such practices. He politely gave me a blank stare. We are leaving here this morning and heading to the lovely Ponte Vedra Lodge, never to return to Sawgrass.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments. We are so glad to know you and your husband found comfort and beauty at our hotel. It is understandable the challenges you must be facing during this time. Unfortunately, our accommodations were committed to other guests so that we were unable to extend your stay with us. We truly regret any confusion or frustration. Our management team is always open to learning more about the details of your encounter if you would like to reach out. We hope nothing but the best for you now, and in the future.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here last weekend had to move rooms in first 15 mins due to fleas, ladies at the counter were more than accommodating in helping us out. Next room was very clean and nice, we enjoyed the restaurants, the hotel grounds inside and out could use a good cleaning. Lots of spider webs and stuff just needing to be wiped down. All in all we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reaching out to us. While we are glad to know you enjoyed your overall stay, we must apologize if you found anything amiss with regard to housekeeping. Please know that we take these matters very seriously and follow strict protocols once any reports are made. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and discomfort experienced. Your comments have been shared with our management team. Thank you.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This previous visit my buddies and I decided to try it again even against some hesitation due to our previous not so great experiences there in the past. Room was not ready when we arrived not a big deal to we arrived much earlier then expected. The restaurants on property are great. The waiters were okay- could of tried to be a bit more attentive but due to volume it seemed they were a bit short staffed. The food was very good. We ate at Alice and Pete's all weekend. Rooms still not ready after our first lunch but then we met Betsy Lopez who was just such a delight. My entire group was just so impressed with her. She is the new manager and we believe for all the times we have visited sawgrass she is what this place needed. Usually the staff is just average or plainly not nice. She has such a warmness to the lobby that it made you feel so welcomed. She shares this smile with the staff, guests, anyone a mile away from her that just is contagious. Our stay was not perfect, but it was okay, betsy went out of beyond to make sure you were at home at sawgrass.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
MarriottSawgrass, General Manager at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
It is always such a pleasure to read feedback from our valued guests, thank you. At Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa is it our top priority to create an excellent encounter for all and we are thrilled that you and your friends came back for another stay. Dining with us is so unique and we offer something for every taste. Our standard check in time is 4pm and while we never like to make any of our guests wait, we are so glad that any delays were not an issue for you. What really stands out, though, is your appreciation for our service. We will share your comments with everyone here. We hope you will come back for another visit in the future!
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Too many bad experiences for 1 visit. Check in was fine if you like confusion. My room was dirty. On my way to let the front desk know I saw a housekeeper in the hallway, told them about the room and asked that it be cleaned. This woman looked at me in horror and said "it's clean-I cleaned it". Another housekeeper entered the hallway and they started talking in a foreign language (rude). After I stopped glaring at them in shock they changed their attitude and re cleaned my room - quickly. I thought a good meal would compensate for the lack of service. Alice and Pete's was good- burgers, wings etc. Don't waste your time or money at Vernon's. Cold entrees, overpriced salads. The chowder bar was gross and there was a fish odor in the restaurant. Breakfast with my colleagues was disgusting. Stale bagels and rancid cream cheese was served. I was physically ill afterwards. Never again.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hyatt
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is most unfortunate that your recent encounter was cause for such inconvenience and for that, we are truly sorry. It is our goal to create the best possible stay for all of our guests and it is disappointing that we did not fully achieve this with you, both in regard to our housekeeping service as well as your dining experiences. Your comments will be shared with our management team. We hope you will reconsider and provide us with the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Been to Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!